The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Philosophy Religions, schools of thought, matters of importance and navel-gazing

Old 03-12-2005, 02:05 AM   #31
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Thrasher
We all have opinions...... Believe it or not, I tend to appreciate most of yours.
However, this is one I do not agree with. However, we have better things to debate, than whether a word is subjective or objective........
The debate is not whether the word is subjective or objective. The debate is whether it would be better to be an emotionless robot as he pines.
To that I say absolutely not.
Old 03-12-2005, 03:31 PM   #32
Mad_Hatter
Complex Simpleton

Interesting concept, it may be better if we were robots, but despite what's better, I think we should remain human for now, one can play at being a robot, it might make your life easier, and less painless, but, it's a lot more fun to be human (that kind of contradicts my belief on my diet, lol, it may taste better to eat bad food, so do it, man, I just confused myself). Yeah so, thats my view on the whole robot thing, other than that, its cool.
Mad_Hatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 03:43 PM   #33
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally posted by ->Mad Hatter<-
Interesting concept, it may be better if we were robots, but despite what's better, I think we should remain human for now, one can play at being a robot, it might make your life easier, and less painless, but, it's a lot more fun to be human (that kind of contradicts my belief on my diet, lol, it may taste better to eat bad food, so do it, man, I just confused myself). Yeah so, thats my view on the whole robot thing, other than that, its cool.
How appropos. Yeah.

Last edited by BigV; 03-12-2005 at 03:49 PM.
BigV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 03:49 PM   #34
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Ya know, you might have something there...Hmmm...
Kill human = murder
Kill robot = malicious mischief? vandalism?
Old 03-12-2005, 03:50 PM   #35
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce
Ya know, you might have something there...Hmmm...
Kill human = murder
Kill robot = malicious mischief? vandalism?
kill robot==wreck car==accident?
Old 03-12-2005, 10:13 PM   #36
Brown Thrasher
self=proclaimed ass looking for truth whatever that means

The concept of a human being a robot is ridiculous. However, If my man doesn't want to deal with emotions. there are drugs for that. He can check into any psy ward, tell the doctor he would like to be an emotional robot without feelings; I'm sure they can find something like Haldol or thorazine to help him find an emotionaless state of mind.......Problem is he may receive the side effects of tardive dyskinesia more troublesome......
Old 03-12-2005, 11:08 PM   #37
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
The concept of a human being a robot is ridiculous.
I see, so would you say his statement that being emotionless like a robot would be better......makes better rather subjective?
Old 03-14-2005, 09:32 AM   #38
Catwoman
stalking a Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by brown thrasher's signature
"The person who confesses that there is such a thing as truth, which is distinguished from falsehood simply by this, that if acted on it will carry us to the point we aim at and not astray, and then, though convinced of this, dares not know the truth and seeks to avoid it, is in a sorry state of mind indeed."
Very true.
Old 03-14-2005, 10:23 AM   #39
Mad_Hatter
Complex Simpleton

I bet crazy guy likes your answers, I like your answers, but he hasn't answered in like forever. Well for a few posts. Yeah ya know, if you wanna be emotionless go get some valium or something like that. We have to understand, that, humans' chemical balance of hormones and stuff like that can't be altered, we were born with these balances, you might not want to alter that balance, look at the people who take Zoloft, there was that kid who killed his grandparents and burned down their house `cause he was on that stuff man. Perscription, its a killer.
Old 03-29-2005, 03:29 PM   #40
Mad_Hatter
Complex Simpleton

Well, apparently, everyone has lost interest in this thread, I think its a very philisophical thread, the world as it is, hmm, I'm not sure, it's a place, a rock in space, a dimension, what are we looking for? Hmm, not sure, I'm looking for a life, thats what people tell me, playing solitaire for four hours stait gave me a little entertainment, but thats not exactly what I am looking for. Right now its spring, I feel dreamy and very out of focus, so I suppose I have what people might call "spring fever", and in this little state of mind I know what I want, I want the deeply subliminal inner fantacies, to be real.
Old 03-29-2005, 03:45 PM   #41
Troubleshooter
The urban Jane Goodall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
I want the deeply subliminal inner fantacies, to be real.
Just for you or for everybody?

Imagine a world of dueling realities. Hey, that might be kind of fun. Strength of will would reign supreme.

It sure would suck to be a lot of people in my reality...
Old 04-03-2005, 01:18 PM   #42
Mad_Hatter
Complex Simpleton

It would be hella interesting, but no, I don't think you guys want my world, you'd get lost. lol.