Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 12-17-2012, 05:54 PM   #1096
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
Zen's wrong, they don't grow back, but you *can* make another baby, so we're focusing on defending the points facing the greatest threat. I can't help it if by coincidence they're nipple-shaped.
Such selfless, altruistic zeal ...
Old 12-17-2012, 06:18 PM   #1097
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolatl View Post
Zen, I think that would've been a great chance to pull "pics or it didn't happen."

For those concerned, my nipples are doing well. They are neither scorched nor grooved, thankfully.
It certainly was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV

That's what respectful comic restraint sounds like. Of course, those of you reading my mind weren't burdened by such restraints. Not those kind, anyhow.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:21 PM   #1098
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenGum View Post
Well, I recall getting that information from a woman whose nipple had been bitten clean off by a teething baby, and she said hers had grown back.

I didn't check, though which was careless of me. I suppose I should have demanded to inspect the scene. For epistemological purposes.
It was careless of you. I know you're familiar with basic scientific method. Controlling for biter's age, you missed an opportunity to repeat the experiment, or at least the setup for the experiment. Calibration is important.
Old 12-23-2012, 05:46 PM   #1099
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

I have a sty(?) on my lower eye lid. It is soooooo itchy, and then sore when i rub it.
Old 12-23-2012, 06:48 PM   #1100
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliantha View Post
I have a sty(?) on my lower eye lid. It is soooooo itchy, and then sore when i rub it.
Ohh I get those. I hate them. Just soak them all the time in warm water or tea bags. I don't really believe it makes them go away any faster but it makes you feel as though you are doing something to speed things along. Plus it is helpful if you need to have water run down your arm into your sleeves. Although it's summer in Oz now.
Old 12-23-2012, 06:50 PM   #1101
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenGum View Post
Well, I recall getting that information from a woman whose nipple had been bitten clean off by a teething baby, and she said hers had grown back.

I didn't check, though which was careless of me. I suppose I should have demanded to inspect the scene. For epistemological purposes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
It was careless of you. I know you're familiar with basic scientific method. Controlling for biter's age, you missed an opportunity to repeat the experiment, or at least the setup for the experiment. Calibration is important.
Every one knows that nipples are like lizards tails; they grow back when bitten off, or if attacked by a strange baby the nipple will detach so the mother can get away. Didn't you take any science courses in school?
Old 12-24-2012, 09:41 AM   #1102
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

Attached Images

Old 12-24-2012, 10:57 AM   #1103
Nirvana
Back in 10

Carol's x mas present?
Old 12-24-2012, 01:59 PM   #1104
monster
I hear them call the tide

Did Limey Knit those?
Old 12-25-2012, 12:47 AM   #1105
Chocolatl
Glutton for Gluttony

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot View Post
Every one knows that nipples are like lizards tails; they grow back when bitten off, or if attacked by a strange baby the nipple will detach so the mother can get away. Didn't you take any science courses in school?

Update: the teething fury has subsided. Now either a blocked tear duct or pinkeye is giving Beans trouble.

And it would seem Kitsune has bronchitis.

...And my right eye feels sticky and my throat tickles. Shit.
Chocolatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:46 PM   #1106
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I should not be allowed in Target alone. I need someone else to stop me from buying stuff that I don't actually need.

Well, maybe I didn't do so terribly badly ... I mean I didn't buy the crock pot big enough for soup or stew meant to be transported to and from work. It heats your meal up on your desk. Slowly. Damn thing cost as much as a full sized crock pot, which I thought was extreme. Oh, and it didn't come in purple or blue. I think if it had, I would have been in a real quandry. Didn't want a pink one. I did end up with a Darth Vader throw and tote, though. And the taco shell bowl baking set thingies I've been wanting. I went for windshield washer fluid. And a cell phone charger so I can leave one at work. And food, which didn't work out quite as well as I'd hoped. I'm still going to have to make a run to the welfare supermarket. But I did get milk. And toilet paper. And a really huge box of fruit snacks. But I can't make a sandwich out of those.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:02 PM   #1107
Chocolatl
Glutton for Gluttony

I have never made it out of Target with *just* the thing I went in there for. Ever.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359421334.291090.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  34.4 KB
Chocolatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:07 PM   #1108
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Holy shit. That explains a lot.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 10:58 AM   #1109
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

So I've been having this mysterious starting problem with my car. It was finally diagnosed for the third time. Maybe it's a charm. Now to save up for a new timing belt. This is the original belt, 9 years and 210,000 miles.

Hoping my Irish luck holds out a while longer.

Off to cut some rafters...
Old 07-20-2013, 12:55 PM   #1110
Griff
still says videotape

Excessive heat and humidity leading to some combination of dehydration and general misery causing my skin to freak out. Am forcing fluids the itching feels better than last night.