The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 09-18-2005, 10:08 PM   #46
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett's Honey
Well, that's real "Christian" of them! I'm almost speechless.....and the Red Cross shouldn't agree to that either.
I can't believe that they did. I'm guessing this woman was acting on her own. I'd certainly track down a city official and ask them. If that is really the church's policy, then the Red Cross should set up in a school or town hall.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 06:20 PM   #47
busterb
NSABFD

Dear James:
Thank you for sharing this information. I will convey it to the appropriate individuals on the disaster operation for their review and handling. I will also copy the vice president of Chapter Quality Assurance for her review.
The American Red Cross provides relief assistance to disaster survivors from all walks of life without regard to race, creed, nationality or economic status.
Thousands of individuals will continue to look to the Red Cross to provide for the most basic human need and we have short and long term plans in place to do that.

The constant and consistent role of the Red Cross is to provide a safe place for people to stay and to see that their emergency needs are met.

Thank you for letting us know.
Sincerely,

The American Red Cross Public Inquiry Center
Old 09-19-2005, 06:38 PM   #48
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Buster, was this Bitch wearing any Red Cross insignias or name tag with a Red Cross on it? Anything to make her official?
Old 09-20-2005, 01:43 PM   #49
busterb
NSABFD

Naw, just the nice folks in their sunday duds. A couple of people at a table with computers.
Old 09-21-2005, 08:09 AM   #50
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

News story this morning mentioned that the Red Cross is overwhelmed and so they are relying on "faith-based organizations" to do some of the work.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 11:29 AM   #51
busterb
NSABFD

Crawford, TX 76638
Will be declared a disaster area by FEMA. Crews are already standing by to help the 7?? folks who live there. Just joking, maybe. Then the ranch will house people fleeing the storm?
BTW I tried to call the # for SBA, what a joke.
Old 09-23-2005, 08:03 PM   #52
busterb
NSABFD

Less you forget. Some of us white trash as still alive and awaiting help. See this post in case you've forgotten about us.
http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=9165
Old 09-23-2005, 08:15 PM   #53
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Aw, quit bitching and stir the mash before it burns and makes the "product" taste funky. I know you've had wives screw you worse than this "cane".
Old 09-23-2005, 08:16 PM   #54
busterb
NSABFD

I just took a look at move on .org. Does anyone see anything wrong? about this? Just for blacks? Hello speak up.
Attached Images

Old 09-24-2005, 12:48 AM   #55
wolf
lobber of scimitars

But buster, you know there weren't any White people in New Orleans, you already said so yourself!!

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 07:51 PM   #56
busterb
NSABFD

About the 2 SBA offices in MS. A reply from my?

We're not happy about that either - two are not enough to serve Mississippi adequately.

Brian Perry

Communications Director

Congressman Chip Pickering (Miss-3)
Old 09-28-2005, 01:50 PM   #57
busterb
NSABFD

The storms have given a new meaning to the song."Drifters - Up On The Roof."
Which is where I need to be, to try and tack down tarps. Wind got the tar paper that my son and I put on the 19th. My help came by last night and told me that he had to help someone put up a deer stand today. Right
Old 10-14-2005, 10:18 AM   #58
busterb
NSABFD

Per the weekly-wipe this week we had peak winds of 119 mph in county, a staggering number considering the location of Jasper Co. in so. central MS. Damage report soon as I scan it. bb
Attached Images

Last edited by busterb; 10-14-2005 at 10:31 AM. Reason: sp
busterb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 06:00 PM   #59
busterb
NSABFD

I have no idea what the diffrence between major and minor might be. The insurance co. has looked and told me they would pay close to 10k. But that is trying to paint the sheetrock that's molded and falling down. Maybe that's minor to some folks, but to me it's a BFD.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:24 PM   #60
busterb
NSABFD

Anyone want seed from my ornamental hot pepper? Looks great in pots and makes great pepper sauce. More photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/91776888@N00/
Pm me your snail mail address I’ll send “ya” some. Please put a buck or 2 in the tip jar.