The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Cellar-related > Archives > The Sycamore Manifestos

The Sycamore Manifestos Random Acts of Senseless Coherence [Blog view]

Old 12-17-2002, 08:15 PM   #16
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally posted by headsplice
Would you have just a newstand, or sell coffee w/ a coupld of benches as well? If you do, install heaters (preferably IN the seats). And keep a long stick around to beat the people who read the magazines, mess 'em up, and then put 'em back.
Coffee could be sold, though it'd be pretty hard to stick benches there, given that newsstands don't and generally can't take up a lot of space. You should see people try to make their way between the newsstand and the cardiac cart at 5th and Market in Philadelphia...oh, and there's a subway exit there too. It can be nuts early in the morning and during lunch.

With the gift that Santa brings me (via Slang), I won't have to worry about needing a stick.
Old 01-27-2003, 02:43 AM   #17
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Would you believe that that newsstand at Bustleton and Philmont is for sale again? Maybe it was never sold in the first place, but I saw no "for sale" sign on it for a while.

Hmmm...I might have to drive by there to get the number and inquire. How much you think a little newsstand would go for? $10-20K?
Old 01-27-2003, 10:57 AM   #18
wolf
lobber of scimitars

my guess, assuming it's a good corner, would be $50-75K ... then you have to factor in the amounts of your monthly protection, inventory, and the cost of a small heater so you don't freeze to death.

Are they selling the SPACE or are they selling the BOX and the space ... and is the space actually a lease?

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis