The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Cellar-related > Archives > Photoshop Phrenzy!
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Photoshop Phrenzy! Images out of your own head

Old 08-13-2002, 11:01 AM   #46
Bigsarge
Defender of Good

Ok, hold onto your seats....I am aslo against a Flag Burning Amendment, even though I belong to almost every veterans organization available. I love our countries commitment to upholding the Free Speech amendment and would voice my opinion when, in any way, that freedom was/is jeapordized. As you all know, I love my country and my flag and agree with Tobiasly that such an amendment as the flag burning would make us no different than those other countries where such things are banned. Let the flag fly, wear it on your back, paint it onto your car, just don't lay it on the ground and walk or urinate on it. Way uncool and really gets my blood boiling. Speaking of our freedom of free speech, didn't congress pass a new law this year that within like 2 to 3 month's of an election that you or I could not go on tv and say anything about one of the candidates, good or bad? Does anyone remember that? if that is not the usurping of free speech, what the hell is? How come the moniker under my name keeps changing? I am getting a complex and have no idea who I am anymore. Thank God it doesn't say Schmuck!

Last edited by Bigsarge; 08-13-2002 at 11:03 AM.
Old 08-13-2002, 11:24 AM   #47
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Sarge, the "Custom User Text" there changes every time you write a post, but you can also set it to whatever you want. Hit the "user cp" button at the top of the page, then hit the "edit profile" button on the page that follows. You'll get a page of things you can set up, and the custom user text is about halfway down that page.

(User cp stands for user control panel, but that's not very clear.)
Old 08-13-2002, 11:25 AM   #48
dave

Being a UNIX guy, I <b>still</b> look at that and think "user copy"... that really should be changed.

Old 08-13-2002, 11:27 AM   #49
Bigsarge
Defender of Good

Thanks for the spelling. Unix, is that like a precursor of the unicorn. I thought they where extinct.
Old 08-13-2002, 12:41 PM   #50
Tobiasly
hot

Lest suspicions arise, I would like to take this opportunity to preemptively point out that Bigsarge and I are not the same person. Although I definitely agree with your point on the new soft money bans, and I hope a court strikes them down before long.

How about "my profile" or "my prefs" instead of "user cp" Undertoad? Or, to satisfy dham, "vi ~/.profile" (although he's probably an <B>ed</B> guy).
Old 08-13-2002, 01:04 PM   #51
dave

Eh, ed's alright, but I truly do prefer <b>vim</b>.

Old 08-13-2002, 01:07 PM   #52
Bigsarge
Defender of Good

Soft Money

How does the new soft money ban(s) affect the ordinary everyday citizen? You know, sweet understanding guys like me.
Old 08-13-2002, 02:23 PM   #53
Tobiasly
hot

I thought the soft money ban is what you were referring to when you stated you couldn't go on TV whenever you wanted and say something about the candidates. If not, what law are you talking about?
Old 08-13-2002, 02:42 PM   #54
Bigsarge
Defender of Good

I am unclear if that is the new policy that I am referring to. If anyone can clarify this ban it would be appreciated.
Old 08-13-2002, 03:44 PM   #55
Nothing But Net
Professor

Hey guys,

Let's take this debate to a more appropriate forum please

Oh, and it's good to be back after a months absence....

- NBN
Old 08-13-2002, 03:54 PM   #56
Tobiasly
hot

Bigsarge.. yes, I am quite sure that is the policy you're thinking of. There were multiple new rules rolled up into the "soft money" ban, including what and when people can broadcast about candidates, using their own money. I'm not really sure of all the details of that legislation, though, but I could be wrong.

NBN, if every time a post on the Cellar evolved into a completely different tangent, we were required to "take it to a more appropriate forum", it would be a rather confusing place. I'm open to being convinced otherwise if there's actually a legitimate reason for staying on-topic. Although I suppose you're the moderator of this forum, so you could delete the entire thread if you want.
Old 08-15-2002, 10:32 AM   #57
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally posted by Bigsarge
Morning Sycamore, aren't (is that a word?) you glad that we live in a country where I have the freedom to decide to be as stupid as I want and attempt to break up a rally by a bunch or Red Communist Pinko Sympathizers? You know the KKK was just a bunch of men who had no fashion sense. Imagine, wearing white during winter, how absurd and a definate fashion no-no. (wish I knew how to spell fopau)
Well, you certainly CAN be as stupid as you want...so long as you understand that your actions could have adverse consequences, particularly if your actions infringe on the rights of others.

What's wrong with communism? Sure it was bad in practice, but it's a nice theory, IMO.

I don't get the KKK. If the KKK are so big on protecting the white Christian American, why hide behind a sheet? Wouldn't you be proud to defend that in the open? Of course, they would probably point to someone like David Duke and mention a cornucopia of conspiracies. Now Sarge, haven't you seen the Office Depot commercial featuring Kathy Ireland that discusses wearing white after Labor Day?
Old 08-15-2002, 11:08 AM   #58
Bigsarge
Defender of Good

Smile

Of course I have seen those commercials, what, you think I watch MTV all day? I am much more of a History channel and comedy channel guy. Loved your web page. Love your show!
Old 08-15-2002, 12:27 PM   #59
Tobiasly
hot

Quote:
Originally posted by sycamore
What's wrong with communism? Sure it was bad in practice, but it's a nice theory, IMO.
OK, I don't want to piss off NBN <B>too</B> much, so I'll respond to that <B>here </B>
Old 08-15-2002, 12:32 PM   #60
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally posted by Tobiasly

OK, I don't want to piss off NBN <B>too</B> much, so I'll respond to that <B>here </B>
Oh shit, don't even sweat him. Watch as el sicómoro blindly goes off topic...

Tim, where the hell have you been man? When you coming back to Philadelphia? That was a good time man...you had the ladies damn near all over ya.