The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Old 11-20-2010, 03:00 AM   #1
fo0hzy
Dirty cigarette-smoking lowlife

Heavy Metal Parking Lot (1986)

fo0hzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 04:24 PM   #2
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I was eighteen in 1986. I could've been any one of those dumbasses.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 06:05 PM   #3
J.D.DIAMOND
Compatriot-at-Arms

I was 16 in 1986,Judas Priest was and is my favorite band but I never hung out in trendy crowds like that,it was too cheesey.
J.D.DIAMOND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 08:03 PM   #4
fo0hzy
Dirty cigarette-smoking lowlife

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.D.DIAMOND View Post
I was 16 in 1986,Judas Priest was and is my favorite band but I never hung out in trendy crowds like that,it was too cheesey.

"trendy"?

LOL awesome
fo0hzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 01:56 PM   #5
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Hey, I was trendy...and it only took me 25 yrs to figure it out!

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 11-21-2010, 03:48 PM   #6
J.D.DIAMOND
Compatriot-at-Arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by fo0hzy View Post
"trendy"?

LOL awesome
lol! Yeah "trendy". A lot of those heavy metal "fans" dropped bands like Judas Priest,Iron Maiden,Saxon,Dio for glam hair bands like Motley Crue,Poison,Ratt and Bon jovi....

And then when that trend was over those same fans went to bands like Nirvana,Sound Garden,Peral Jam,Alice In Chains....then to Metllica Load,ect....what ever is "in" at the time ....they flock to like sheep. I've never been a part of a trend like this. It cracks me up haha.
Old 11-22-2010, 12:54 AM   #7
J.D.DIAMOND
Compatriot-at-Arms

Rob Halford - Judas Priest

There is nobody that is better than that guy.
Old 11-22-2010, 01:06 AM   #8
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Ooooooooh, I wouldn't go that far.

Old 11-22-2010, 03:52 AM   #9
J.D.DIAMOND
Compatriot-at-Arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
Ooooooooh, I wouldn't go that far.

lol! Its my opinion of course,but he is the Metal God in the realm of heavy metal music,this guy is responsible for the NWOBHM scene because of his aesthetics alone,and along with Priest's british heavy metal sound especially by 1978's Hell Bent For Leather album,and although Black Sabbath started heavy metal's sound structure with doomsday laden lyrics,nobody came before Judas Priest that supported these aesthetics that played heavy metal music,only punk and rock bands like Alice Cooper and Gene Simmons of Kiss,ect...

And most of all Halford's vocals,this guy is utterly amazing.Halford's image sparked influence in bands like Venom,Slayer,Mercyful Fate and Celtic Frost as well as bands like Saxon and Iron Maiden.Judas Priest are the Godfathers of heavy metal.

Last edited by J.D.DIAMOND; 11-22-2010 at 04:02 AM.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:59 AM   #10
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

I'm just glad that I didn't know what he was gay when he screamed "get down on your knees and repent if you please"

I took it as a pretty metal statement at the time, but now, I don't know!
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 03:12 PM   #11
J.D.DIAMOND
Compatriot-at-Arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
I'm just glad that I didn't know what he was gay when he screamed "get down on your knees and repent if you please"

I took it as a pretty metal statement at the time, but now, I don't know!
LOL! This is what cracks me up about fans of Rob Halford: How could you not know he was gay?? lol!

Come on dude,back in the 80's he wore the gay biker hat,hand cuffs and a whip lol! And to set the record straight,no the lyrics are not about homosexuality(lmao! haha!)

I've been a Judas Priest fan and have studied this band since 1980,say and think what you want,but no,they are not about that,K.K.Downing and Glenn Tipton write the lyrics with Rob and they have gone over this subject till they were blue in the face,so no they lyrics do not translate into anything "gay". lol!
Old 11-22-2010, 03:40 PM   #12
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Hell we didn't know Freddy Mercury was gay, what with the gaystache and the wife-beaters and all. We didn't even know Elton John was gay, what with the pink feather boas and 10,000 different glasses. It just wasn't a thing, back in the day.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:48 PM   #13
J.D.DIAMOND
Compatriot-at-Arms

Quote:
Hell we didn't know Freddy Mercury was gay, what with the gaystache and the wife-beaters and all. We didn't even know Elton John was gay, what with the pink feather boas and 10,000 different glasses. It just wasn't a thing, back in the day.
No your right it wasn't back in the day,but when I was 10 years old in 1980 getting into Judas Priest I thought Halford was gay,and all of us thought Freddy was obviously gay back in the early 80's,especially Freddy and Elton john....it was pretty obvious to me and others,but since they didn't say anything about it we could only guess,it doesn't matter to me if they are gay or straight,I could care less but just thought it was clearly obvious but at the same time as you said it wasn't an issue so I see your point.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:24 PM   #14
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Hell he even named the band Queen and lots of us still missed it

I'm like 6 years older than you so there it goes. A lot of people were totally in the closet, in 1985 only half of my gay friends in college were out of the closet. And I was in theater so there were a lot of them.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:52 PM   #15
J.D.DIAMOND
Compatriot-at-Arms

Quote:
Hell he even named the band Queen and lots of us still missed it

I'm like 6 years older than you so there it goes. A lot of people were totally in the closet, in 1985 only half of my gay friends in college were out of the closet. And I was in theater so there were a lot of them.
I understand your point,yeah your right. Going back to Halford,I remember when he came out in 97' and everybody already knew and didn't care ha. I also have seen fans that liked Judas Priest but when they found out Halford was gay they stopped listening to them. That puzzles me.

I pretty much assumed he was gay since I started listening to Judas Priest in 1980 when I was 10,but even if I hadn't and found out I still wouldn't care ....its about the music,as you know Undertoad.