The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-11-2009, 06:21 AM   #1
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Radio shows of note

Most of you regular dwellars are by now used to my (potentially quite annoying) habit of obsessing over and posting youtube clips of various tv comedy shows. This is perhaps most trying to those I encounter in Chat :P

So now in a break from the norm, I am concentrating on Radio. I love listening to BBC Radio 4 and the World Service; they're the only stations I listen to regularly, by which I mean every day. Contrary to appearances thus far, I actually listen to as much, if not more, radio than I watch tv.

So, to share a little glimpse of my week in radio, here's a clip of Just a Minute, a R4 panel game show, wherein comedians and showbiz types compete. One person starts the round and is given a subject to talk about. They have to try to talk for one minute without repetition, hesitation or deviation. If they falter, one o fthe other panelists can buzz in and catch the topic (if its a correct challenge) and then they have to try and talk for the remaining time.

I adore this show. I love the host, Nicholas Parsons. I used to hate him, years ago, but then he did a corporate for the company I was working at and he was completely wonderful. Such a nice and gentle man. Very witty. I also love Paul Merton, who's a regular on the show. He's a brilliant comedian, used to do a lot of tv in the 90s. He's since evolved into the beginnings of a National Treasure, along the lines of Palin or Fry.

Anyway. Want to know how my Sunday lunchtimes sound? Listen to this:

And next a question: what plays on your radio?
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
music, radio