The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 01-25-2006, 04:11 AM   #46
dov

If you go bankrupt today, the best we can do is wait in line for our five cents to the dollar, max.
Old 01-25-2006, 04:20 AM   #47
dov

Couple of natural disasters, a few dirty bombs, Code Red for two or three months, you are a write-off. I do not wish this upon you or anybody, but it is more than possible, for arguments sake. A twelve billion dollar write-off hurts, and it doesn’t even give us a tax deductible break.
Old 01-25-2006, 04:29 AM   #48
dov

Face it, you are a credit risk, and China is not. We have mega deals with China. Of course, it is cheaper dealing with you, re transport etc, but we cannot take the chance of having all our eggs in one basket.

We are your number one trading partner, to date, and I and people as paranoid as I am, are concerned.
Old 01-25-2006, 04:29 AM   #49
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

What xoB is trying to tell you is that America bought and PAID FOR more things from Canada than Canada bought and PAID FOR from America.

And you don't need to worry about America's interest in your oil. America is far more likely to need Canadian water before it needs Canadian oil.

No one has yet asked you if you are a separatist. Well, out with it.
Old 01-25-2006, 04:50 AM   #50
dov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beestie
America is far more likely to need Canadian water before it needs Canadian oil.
Water, BINGO!

I believe we supply the States with eighty percent of their hydro, I am not sure, and I will look it up later. BTW, we are the largest diamond suppliers in the world as well.

Quote:
No one has yet asked you if you are a separatist. Well, out with it.
My mother tongue is English. I only speak French for sex or money. I am Canadian.

Water, your sharp Beestie.
Old 01-25-2006, 05:08 AM   #51
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

You SURE your mother tongue is English? You write the way my mother's family sounds. I have to agree with LJ on this one, you are a French Canuck dickhead. whine, whine, whine, we supply you with THIS, we supply you with THAT, eighty percent of your water, all your oil! hey, what about creton? How much of that shit do you give us? If you are so freaking wonderful why are you such a bit player? Nobody cares about Canada, not even my mom! I'm sorry Canada is filled with bitter people--maybe it's the weather, eh?

Fix your broken, limping, gasping health care system.

And if you aren't concerned about the latest vote, why did you bother with this at all? My cousins have a word for people like you: French. Says it all.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 05:45 AM   #52
dov

Congratulations Brianna, you are my first iggy.

I refuse to have a discourse with crude people who have a flimsy enough ego to attempt to put others down to compensate for their own inadequacies. I bet you drive a boat of a car and have a gun collection that you are very proud of. I will know when you grow up and may acknowledge you then, maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dov
We are the largest producer of hydro-electric power in the world
In 2000, Canada exported 50.06 Twh (valued at $4.08 billion) to the United States. This trade has helped customers in a number of provinces enjoy electricity rates that are among the lowest in the world.
Canada is a net exporter to the U.S. largely due to its hydro resources with exports originating mainly from Quebec, Manitoba and British Columbia.
Old 01-25-2006, 05:50 AM   #53
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Wheeeeeeew Howdy! What's an iggy? Is that some sort of Frenchie Shame-On-You award?

Boat of a car? Guns?
dov doesn't know me very well, eh?

What was it? The creton crack? Sorry, sore spot for you?

You're totally French and you know it.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 07:05 AM   #54
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar
I'm no fan of Bush or anyone who likes him, but exactly what is wrong with making a missile defense system? I think we should have had one decades ago. I'd like to make a defense system that was fool proof, and then give the plans to every single nation on earth so all missiles would be useless.
From my perspective, there's no problem researching missile defense. Even if it never works, a lot of good technology can come out of it. But it doesn't work yet, and they want to deploy it, which is a stunning waste of money.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 08:13 AM   #55
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

I liked Montreal because it's a city of restaurants, and I like food. Walking downtown to find a sidewalk cafe was particularly memorable. It's clean and cultured and only a little bit rude. I envy you for having that city as home.

A trade imbalance is not a debt; it merely means Canada is buying more from the US than the US is buying from Canada. It's not necessarily a bad thing. I have a terrible trade imbalance with my local grocery store, as they buy nothing from me, but I am going to continue the relationship anyway.

Guerilla warfare happens with local militias. Gorilla warfare happens in zoos.

You really ought to have answered the quiz, there's no shame in it.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 08:28 AM   #56
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Monkey
From my perspective, there's no problem researching missile defense. Even if it never works, a lot of good technology can come out of it. But it doesn't work yet, and they want to deploy it, which is a stunning waste of money.
I don't have any differences with your facts but do want to point out that Reagan's at-the-time senseless cold-war escalation is what broke the Soviet Union economically. Sometimes, the bark is worse than the bite. And when it comes to poker and bluffing, that is one area (even if the only one) where W is extremely competent.
Old 01-25-2006, 08:37 AM   #57
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

Quote:
Originally Posted by dov
I believe we supply the States with eighty percent of their hydro...
Currently, Canada does not export water to anyone which, in my opinion, is not a sustainable position.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:15 AM   #58
maffick
Maffick

Quote:
I don't have any differences with your facts but do want to point out that Reagan's at-the-time senseless cold-war escalation is what broke the Soviet Union economically. Sometimes, the bark is worse than the bite. And when it comes to poker and bluffing, that is one area (even if the only one) where W is extremely competent.
How do you figure? I mean he openly lies, and the we the people seem to be buying it, but I wouldn't say that is because he is a good liar, I would say it is because we are a bunch of apathetic spoiled suckers....... Perhaps you could provide an example of Bush being "extremely competent" at poker and or bluffing?
maffick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 10:05 AM   #59
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
Sometimes, the bark is worse than the bite. And when it comes to poker and bluffing,
Bluffing only works if your cards are face down. Everybody knows that missile defense doesn't work.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 11:46 AM   #60
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
I, for one, like dov. He's not afraid to put up his dukes and mix it up a bit. and seems to be well read and maybe latently sarcastic (gorilla warfare hee hee).

When I lived in squirrelington, vt we'd cross over to montrebec all de time. The us border guards were far more dickish to me than any canuck or queeb was.

Plus, the montreal chicks are hot and fit. I never saw even a leetle bit chubby girl there. Or guys for that matter. Not that I was looking beyond seeing what the competition was. (reason # 733 why I am still a US citizen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dov
We are your number one trading partner, to date, and I and people as paranoid as I am, are concerned.
HA and well you should be, considering our not inelegant track record of personal and corporate bankruptcy and outright pillaging of our own population! Do you think we'd have any sympathy for people with british/french hybrid accents?

Hell, most americans have no idea what maple syrup is or should taste like. THEY USE PANCAKE SYRUP!!!

Gotta go.