The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

View Poll Results: how often do you smoke marijuana?
I've never tried it 32 30.48%
I did it when I was younger, but don't anymore 31 29.52%
I smoke only in social settings or alone when I think I can get away with it 16 15.24%
I'm a weekend warrior 11 10.48%
I smoke on a daily basis 15 14.29%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-13-2004, 06:59 PM   #91
mrnoodle
bent

Re: Herby Turkey makes me giggle.

I just "quit" last week after smoking almost daily for about 6 months, and semi-regularly for the last 7 years. For the previous 10 years, it was an occasional thing, mainly due to the fact that I worked in a field where a hot piss test would not only get me fired, but get me in trouble with the gub'mint.

I quit because I got tired of a) being sleepy; b) being unable to have normal conversations with people who weren't stoned; c) feeling more paranoid than mellow when I fired up; d) throat and sinus infections.

Quote:
Originally posted by headsplice
did anyone name their piece something interesting?
I named all of 'em. There was Blue Balls (it was blue, had little balls on it), the powerpuff pipe, Junior Deputy (just a bong, but we put a junior deputy sticker on it), Muggles (inspired by Harry Potter, but a google search of the term revealed a pot-related definition), Princess Sofia (my girlfriend named it), the Wizard (a tall ceramic thing shaped and painted as such), the Jolly Green Giant (6-ft. tall neon green bong).....I can't remember the rest lol. Damn weed.
mrnoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 10:09 PM   #92
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

nice... i like to see that we're up to 7 daily smokers......honesty is refreshing.....
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 11:18 PM   #93
staceyv
Lecturer

i was a potthead from age 14-16. then i quit for my ex-husband. i tried to smoke five years ago and i had a major panic attack. so i tried again and the same thing happened. GOD i wish i could smoke weed!!!!!!!!!!but for some reason it doesn't agree with my heart. (my ex-boyfriend was with me. he said he thought i was going to die the way it was racing)
staceyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 11:37 PM   #94
wolf
lobber of scimitars

You were married before? How many times?

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 12:01 AM   #95
staceyv
Lecturer

i married when i was 18. i dated him for 3 years and was married for 2 years. i am 27 now. this is my second marriage.
staceyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 11:15 PM   #96
farfromhome
Management Consultant

I'm disappointed.Although this database may be slightly skewed,I was hoping for a higher percentage of free thinking individuals.I guess my prediction of the end of the marijuana prohibition in my lifetime was optimistic.I feel sure it will be in my childrens generation anyway.
Old 02-15-2004, 07:39 AM   #97
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Don't be too disappointed. I'm teetotal (don't drink or smoke), but I am 100% for legalizing pot. I still wouldn't use it, but I don't think other people should be stopped.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 07:26 PM   #98
Troubleshooter
The urban Jane Goodall

Quote:
Originally posted by farfromhome
I'm disappointed.Although this database may be slightly skewed,I was hoping for a higher percentage of free thinking individuals.I guess my prediction of the end of the marijuana prohibition in my lifetime was optimistic.I feel sure it will be in my childrens generation anyway.
I must admit that I'm a little disappointd that you're disappointed. Wouldn't it stand to reason that being freethinking would mean that you would be able to choose to not smoke pot as well?
Old 02-15-2004, 09:11 PM   #99
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

Hey LJ, you forgot the voting option "I'm smoking it right now".
slang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 11:01 PM   #100
farfromhome
Management Consultant

Quote:
Originally posted by Troubleshooter

I must admit that I'm a little disappointd that you're disappointed. Wouldn't it stand to reason that being freethinking would mean that you would be able to choose to not smoke pot as well?
It sure would TS.Something was "troubling" me about my post even as I typed it.Good point.
I used that word only in a context of someone trying to advocate for a stupid weed that just grows from the ground.In the grand scheme of things,what does it mean?
Don't answer.
Old 02-17-2004, 04:43 PM   #101
Artie Greene
Resident-in-Training

Cool Count me in...

I realize that I'm a little late with my responses (perhaps because my reflexes are cloudy from all the pot haze swirling around between my ears,) but Hell, I'll add my two cents.

:p

My pot consumption has amounted to one oz per year for the last 3 years. That said, I toke up with a drag on my one-hitter pipe almost every night.

My useage is akin to the business man who unwinds with a nightcap. It isn't a necessity, but it makes my very happy world even happier for a few hours. I consider my pot use an exercise in hedonism more than anything sinister, destructive or immoral. I don't really enjoy being TOASTED.

What I haven't been able to come to terms with is all of the negative publicity pot seems to garner. Would I want my kids to smoke pot? Never. Did I smoke pot as a kid? Never. Nancy Regan's "JUST SAY NO" campaign still echoes in my brain. Have I worried that I'm addicted? Yes. Have I voluntarily gone weeks on end without a puff just to test my addiction? Yes.

Have I ever succumbed to the oft-believed scare tactic that Pot is the gateway to other more ilicit drugs? Nope. That is untrue.

There's a line from the musical HAIR that says, "Anybody who tells you that pot is bad for you is full of SHIT," and there's a lot of truth to that.

I pay my bills, I honor my friends and family and have a very stylish apartment in the Hollywood section of Los Angeles, CA. I sometimes earn my living as a musician, and career-wise, the benefits of my pot consumption far outweigh the negative aspects.

What nobody has commented on yet is how amazing it is to listen to a symphony when you're stoned. Or pop music. Listen to ANY kind of music while stoned, and you're hearing your FAVORITE piece for the very first time. Have you ever eaten a delicious meal when you're stoned? How about enjoyed pot brownies? Organized your closet while stoned? Had sex while you're stoned?

There is a time and a place for everything, and you're a dork if you let yourself turn into a lazy slob just because you've enjoyed too much of a good thing. Therefore, I believe the real problem here is the abundance of dorky, lazy slobs in our society, not people who have a healthy respect for the Earth, and everything beautiful contained therein.
Artie Greene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 05:36 PM   #102
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Bravo, bravo, applause, applause.
Old 02-17-2004, 05:47 PM   #103
be-bop
Operations Operative

Do you smoke pot

Ahemmm!!! 36.07% of people that voted say they have'nt tried it,methinks some one or ones are fibbing.
Don't do it now as Ive stopped smoking tobacco but you can't beat puffin a doobie then clamping on the headphones to a little Pink Floyd (Wish you were here) a favorite of mine and just mellowing out to the end of the cd.
Drool............
be-bop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 05:52 PM   #104
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Re: Do you smoke pot

Quote:
Originally posted by be-bop
Ahemmm!!! 36.07% of people that voted say they have'nt tried it,methinks some one or ones are fibbing.
I'm one of those... what can I say? I've downed my share (at least) of booze and indulged in smokin tobacco for a few months, but I just never felt the urge to try weed.
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 06:04 PM   #105
mrnoodle
bent

Re: Do you smoke pot

Quote:
Originally posted by be-bop
Even considering such a small sample, that actually seems a little low -- I mean, 63.93% of those polled confirmed having at least smoked it at some point. Most national polls (for the US and Canada at least) tend to show a 30-50% usage level.

My personal experience with the whole "is it addicting" thing. I haven't smoked for over 2 weeks now, and I haven't particularly missed it. I'm an addictive-type personality anyway. If pot was addictive, I would definitely have noticed by now. I also have an extra $50 to spend on Godiva chocolates with nacho cheese sauce. woot.