The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 11-23-2003, 11:22 AM   #91
HaywardNelson
Belt Conveyor

The words are offensive to some people. THAT is a fact.

Sycamore, I didn't say that you were sick specifically. SOME people are sick. SOME sick people will make an effort to hunt down information about children on the internet. These two statements together do not mean ALL people who hunt down information about people on the internet are sick.

It's pretty sad that some of you can't hold a conversation about the morality of making someone else's information public without resorting to name calling or perseverating on the semantics of the conversation. You've been victorious in your battle to differentiate opinon from fact, congratulations. I can only assume that you had to focus on these things because you couldn't hold your own in the original debate.
HaywardNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 11:30 AM   #92
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

I think I held my own quite well, thank you. Perhaps you should learn to debate without the use of underhanded tactics.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 11:30 AM   #93
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Re: Things you should do.

Quote:
Originally posted by april
Stay away from FNF!

I had to do this b/c he is so mean!
Stay away from FNF! Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!Stay away from FNF!
Just to remind you of the origins of the original debate.
If you find words offensive, then you are as I suspected and stated.
Old 11-23-2003, 11:40 AM   #94
HaywardNelson
Belt Conveyor

Finding the words "cunt" and "retard" offensive means that you are a cunt and a retard? Nice logic. I'm sure that many people you respect and like find those words offensive, not because they are cunts and retards, but because they have a little respect for other people.

I've said before that April behaved like an ass but she didn't deserve what was done. I wasn't debating that she acted like an ass and a child. I was debating the morality of posting her information. Some of you then chose to debate semantics and name-call.
Old 11-23-2003, 11:44 AM   #95
Ima Idiot
First name, Ima...middle name, Useless...last name, Idiot

Quote:
Originally posted by HaywardNelson
Finding the words "cunt" and "retard" offensive means that you are a cunt and a retard?
I actually do find them offensive here, but thats what the ignore button is for.

Just my opinion.

And....I've had this account waiting for a while. Thanks

Ima
Ima Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 11:50 AM   #96
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

How do we know Hayward is a female?

Sorry, I've been in and out of this.
slang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 11:58 AM   #97
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

She worked her period into a point she was trying to make in one of her posts.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 12:00 PM   #98
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

OK.
Old 11-23-2003, 12:00 PM   #99
HaywardNelson
Belt Conveyor

Slang- I am a female. I think I posted it somewhere.
Also, so I don't get called out by Sycamore and his scalpel, my post re: semantics and name calling was in jest and rather obvious considering my post in reply to xoxoxowhat'shislips was in fact arguing semantics and I in fact referred to someone as a Schadenfrau (lightly poking at what I considered light internet fascism--also in jest so uncurl your hosiery, Sycamore)
Old 11-23-2003, 12:03 PM   #100
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

Hey Hay (cool, eh), why dont you relax a bit and look over some other threads?

Image of the day has some great pics and there are lots of other topics and discussions going on. Most of them arent offensive to anyone.

Check it out.
Old 11-23-2003, 12:04 PM   #101
HaywardNelson
Belt Conveyor

I just might do that, Slang.
Thanks.

ETA: are you from Canada as well? I noticed the "eh"
Old 11-23-2003, 12:07 PM   #102
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

And throw a pic of yourself on the image gallery so we can shop it into something really funny too, while yer at it.
Old 11-23-2003, 12:10 PM   #103
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

Quote:
.... are you from Canada as well?
Oh shit! Yer from Cananda?! Fuck off you hoser!!

Just kidding No I'm not from C. Check the profiles of the users to see if there is any info listed
Old 11-23-2003, 12:50 PM   #104
HaywardNelson
Belt Conveyor

Dude, it's TAKE off, you hoser!
Hee. Ah, Strange Brew.
Old 11-23-2003, 01:49 PM   #105
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
When you read about someone in the newspaper it is a different thing than interacting with them on the internet. A deviant may feel that he or she has a real relationship (however filled with animosity) with the girl due to their interactions here, and thus may feel inclined to go further than he or she would have having just read her name in the newspaper.
Not necessarily. After all, John Hinkley, Jr. hadn't had any interaction with Jody Foster or Ronald Reagan or Martin Scorese (in the form of his artistic expression in Taxi Driver) ... and yet all three were entwined in his thought processes as having a close relationship with him and deep impact on his life, and developed his mission from these delusional beliefs.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote