The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 12-05-2004, 11:23 PM   #166
Sun_Sparkz
Has Body Temperature

What has happened in this place?!

It is coming into winter over there yeah? Ok everyone take a deep breath, group hug, hot chocoloate and a quiet lie down.

Cheer up peoples.. and love one another
Old 12-05-2004, 11:26 PM   #167
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by marichiko
Thank you Griff. And I do believe that it's a proven fact that 99.9% of this board doubts my candor. I am SO FED UP WITH THE TOPIC! I DON'T GIVE A RAT'S ASS, ANYMORE! Shall we all just get over it and get on with it? JEEZ! OK, I confess already. I made everything all up and blah blah blah........
i never said i didn't beleive you. I just said i'm sick of hearing about it every second. Could you just take the hint and talk about something else?
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 11:55 PM   #168
atropos
random twisted fate to the second power

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim
If you need an example of childishness...

Quote:
yeah. good luck with your stupider brain, cupcake. who was talking to you in the first place, anyway?

three t's indeed. moron.

leave her left alone. bah. dumbass.

Quote:
she probably just 'forgot' she said it to you, wolf. did you know she had CO poisoning? and that it effects her brain? yeah, really, she did! you haven't heard? well let me tell you all about it....... Oh, youre fucking sick of hearing about it, you say? well, isn;t that a coincidence. so is everyone else.
Quote:
feeling left out, jag? don;t worry, you;re still my bitch.
Quote:
I have disdain for her shitty sarcastic, poor me, you owe me because i contributed to society as a high powered librarian (high powered librarian?!) for a long time, and can't work now doing something like librarian-ing even though i can spend all day clamoring for attention on a b-board, constantly yammering, sticky, gooey, knees-bent advancing behavior, ridiculous, trite, petulant personality.

... that black hole's crapola.

Quote:
Yes, i could express my viewpoint in a calm, reasonable tone, well worded, and with care not to offend anyone, but then i would be Elspode or xoxoxobruce, not lumberjim. It is what it is.
Quote:
ya weirdo
Old 12-06-2004, 12:08 AM   #169
marichiko

Quote:
Could you just take the hint and talk about something else?

Last edited by marichiko; 12-06-2004 at 12:13 AM.
Old 12-06-2004, 12:18 AM   #170
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
ok, tw, that's twice that you've quoted yourself now. and thrice you've called me boy. I'm going to let you in on something you've apparently missed on your many, many trips around the sun:

men have emotions.
Of course they do. And men, unlike boys, use their logical mind to control - even manipulate - those emotions. Emotions are a tool used by the logical man. Emotions that override logical thought means he is still a boy.

How you 'feel' about anyone is totally irrevelant. The man takes those silly emotions and smashes them. The boy even lashes out in fist fights. There is no logical reason for starting a fist fight. Fist fights means the man never grew up.

Same applies to your posts intended only to attack, disparage, and demean Marichiko. There was not a single logical reason for anyone to do that. If you were posting as a man, you would have long ago quashed that anti-social behavior. I should not have to explain any of this to you. But like the boy standing in a pile of broken glass, you keep denying it.

If what Marichiko posts does emotionally bother a man, then the man ignores it. It is what men do. You did not - multiple times.

Again, if you don't like what Marichiko posted, then ignore it. Your response in latest post 167 is only an emotion. Facts say you should post nothing. Ignore it. What Marichiko posts is between her and everyone else. It does not emotionally affect a man.

There is nothing here posted as an insult. I am defining socially acceptable behavior required of any man. Again, emotion is only a tool of the logical adult. When emotion instead makes decisions - causes you to post - then we have a child.

So this is something like the sixth time I had defined how a man thinks. Again, how deep are you going to dig the hole you are in?

LJ - you belong here. But having only an emotional response to another is not acceptable behavior. Your original post provided nothing factual upon which anyone could react, conclude, or recommend logically. The neat thing about written discussions: take time to throttle your emotions. It makes for a Cellar without blood on the walls.

Last edited by tw; 12-06-2004 at 12:38 AM.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 01:01 AM   #171
404Error
Lecturer

Quote:
What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men.
Old 12-06-2004, 05:58 AM   #172
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw

LJ - you belong here. But having only an emotional response to another is not acceptable behavior. Your original post provided nothing factual upon which anyone could react, conclude, or recommend logically. The neat thing about written discussions: take time to throttle your emotions. It makes for a Cellar without blood on the walls.
tw, it would seem that you have a predetermined opinion that my every motivation in life is based on emotion. Is this because I've argued the point with you previously? Stating my opinion was entirely logical. I didn't present it as fact, so I don't know why it upsets you. You seem to be getting awfully emotional about not being so emotional. careful, you'll blow a resistor or a capacitor or something. bleepin robot.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 09:49 AM   #173
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
If you need an example of childishness for contrast, see sycamore's last couple of posts.
Grasping at straws, eh stupid? I'm not surprised.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 12:43 PM   #174
marichiko

Quote:
Stating my opinion was entirely logical.
Alright, I lied about not responding to LJ's posts anymore, but that statement I can't let stand. At the end of the last go round on the insult thread, I PM'd LJ and told him that I'd leave him alone if he left me alone, and he actually agreed to this.

If LJ had been acting out of logic, he would have known that I had no interest in feedback from him, and, besides, he'd already said he'd leave me alone.

Who is the "attention whore," here? It should be fairly obvious to all that if LJ would have honored his promise and kept his opinions to himself, this thread would have died after maybe 10 or 20 posts and it would now be sitting forgotten far down at the end of the list. Instead, you see 170 or 180 posts with LJ playing a starring role.

Who is the person who goes on and on about one subject and refuses to drop it long after everyone else wishes that the topic was in the grave? It's hardly headline news that LJ dislikes me. Is it really neccessary for him to continue to re-iterate this dislike in a continuous feedback loop of venom? LJ's great at chaos theory, but he flunks logic.

Who is the person who whines and bitches and moans? I would submit that LJ is right up there at the top of the list with his moaning and groaning over me and a few other folks on this board both past and present. Some people have told me LJ is actually a pleasant person in real life. Too bad he's not that way on this board.

As for those of you who doubt my candor, that's your perogative. I'm tired of trying to explain myself to a bunch of people who know next to nothing of my story. I've posted about 2% of it here, the remaining 98% is not for public consumption, and I'm sick and tired of attempting to get people who have no professional training in neurology or neuropsychology to understand and aren't really interested in changing their opinions, anyhow. It would be nice if those of you who like to respond to my posts on ANY topic with sarcastic remarks about CO poisoning would just get over it. It's old news and YOU guys beat that particular dead horse more than I do.

LJ is the attention whore and he uses certain people around here to pimp himself out, because he's too lazy to post the funny, creative things that I know he's capable of, because I've seen him do it in the past.

Why don't you post a nice humorous story about the car business, Jim? This dreary topic is boring and not worthy of your talents.

Over and out.

Last edited by marichiko; 12-06-2004 at 12:55 PM.
Old 12-06-2004, 12:47 PM   #175
lookout123
changed his status to single

i saw this really cool bumper sticker the other day, maybe you've seen it?

it simply says SSDD

get over this already
Old 12-06-2004, 12:49 PM   #176
jinx
Come on, cat.

Dumbass.

Old 12-06-2004, 01:05 PM   #177
dar512
dar512 is now Pete Zicato

I think it's great to recognize that people, even grown men, have emotions. I also think that there are times when we have to rise above our emotions. As Rose Sayer says in African Queen
Quote:
Nature, Mr. Allnut, is what we are put in this world to rise above.
However, I don't think that's the problem here. I think the problem is a missing emotion - empathy. The ability and willingness to put yourself in the other person's place and see things from their point of view.

I admit it's easier for me to empathize with Mari than it may be for others. I understand how having a chronic illness can affect all aspects of your life - including your behavior. And some people need to talk it out to get a handle on it. Certainly a person's health affects their life much more than who got elected president, and we haven't cut short any of those threads.

LJ, It seems like ever since you started your new job, many of your comments seem to me to be mean-spirited and bitter. Not at all like the playful LJ of old.
dar512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 01:17 PM   #178
marichiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinx
Dumbass.
Quick, aren't you? My comments still stand. Can't you come up with a more intelligent reply yourself?

BTW I'm not responsible for the replies of friends who come over to use my computer. I am responsible for not noticing that they failed to logged off. :p

Last edited by marichiko; 12-06-2004 at 01:26 PM.
Old 12-06-2004, 01:23 PM   #179
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

Actually, Mari, Jinx has effectively trumped any other smart ass comments you can make at this point. She has proved that you are deceptive and are playing games. Let this one go.

Impotentes defendere libertatem non possunt.

"Repetition does not transform a lie into a truth."
~Franklin D. Roosevelt
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 01:23 PM   #180
garnet

I don't get it. How come Mari's post has Atropos' name attibuted to it? I'm trying real hard to stay away from this thread, but now I'm just flat out confused.
garnet is offline   Reply With Quote