FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 08-23-2011, 10:08 AM   #3811
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

c'mere. gimme a hug
Old 08-23-2011, 10:18 AM   #3812
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

shaw, I'm sorry. If you're really hurting, I don't want to make it any worse. I'm sorry you're feeling blue today. I'm gonna back off and I hope you feel better.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:20 AM   #3813
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

And Sam - AGAIN - I'm sorry for whatever misunderstanding there was between us.
I know we settled up, but would like to do it here publicly on the board as well.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:34 AM   #3814
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pico and ME View Post
I don't know, I think in this case hiding behind the anonymous moniker was probably a good idea. Classic needs to really address the issue instead of just directing another flame war against the person .
That makes sense, but I assumed it was someone who doesn't normally call people out and using their name would have helped classic reflect on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite monkey View Post
Who she?

I had nothing to do with any of this and I haven't had anything to do with you for a long time.

I'm really tired of being your fucking fall guy.

I've left you alone, and the do-gooders keep dragging me back in. All the talk about being 'nice' when the meanest things done here in the Cellar are the back-handed back-stabbing pointing fingers at all the MEAN people. Yeah, you do that a LOT, griff.

If I told you I am hurting...no matter. If I told you I care...no matter. If you keep ripping my heart out...no matter. It will only matter if something bad happened and then you all would cry about how much you liked me.

P'shaw.

I am owed an apology. I won't get it. I'm subpar in this psychotic little world y'all have created.

Have at it.
I thought we saw this the same way. I'm sorry you are hurting and meant no harm. I apologize for playing post cop, it was a bad idea.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:41 AM   #3815
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

I'm sorry too. I know I overreact...but I really couldn't see this playing out any other way. When I saw the anon post I thought right away it would be attributed to me (paranoia? maybe, maybe not...but in that case I would call it another symptom of my 'issues') I let it go at the time, but when I saw it here...I freaked out. REally, I know some would think it's me, because of me and c-man's history. But it wasn't. I read a couple posts of his over the weekend and wanted to tell him I thought they were good comments, but pride kept me from that.

I've wanted to bury hatchets. I still want to self-preserve. I don't know how to do both.

I've been trying to be the person I want to be. I've been feeling discounted and shamed...in real life...and the past couple days have been very very bad.

So, I appreciate your comments. I'm sorry for mine. I'm just flailing about and splashing pain on everything.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:53 AM   #3816
Griff
still says videotape

No, I get it. I didn't think it was you since historically you just say what you mean straight out. I've noticed that you're being careful not to get into it with classic and I think he is trying to reciprocate. I became the shit-stirrer by calling out nameless, when you guys were trying to take the high-road. My bad.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:55 AM   #3817
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

I know the feeling, IM. Sometimes being too introspective is just being too hard on ones self.

“Seven Deadly Sins: Wealth without work, Pleasure without conscience, Science without humanity, Knowledge without character, Politics without principle, Commerce without morality, Worship without sacrifice.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:59 AM   #3818
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

Life can be a dick. Sorry it's kicking you around right now, IM. This too shall pass.

Remember to look around at your present moment situation, and recognize that there is nothing lacking. right now, there is nothing lacking. right this minute.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:14 PM   #3819
monster
I hear them call the tide

IM: dr monster prescribes bubble mixture. play with it, don't drink it.

---

Now, Why don't I ever feel the earthquakes? It's not fair. apparently it was felt in AA, but I didn't feel it. Mutter, mutter.

Yes, I'm changing the subject.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:17 PM   #3820
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Maybe your ass just isn't 'earthquake sensitive.'
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 03:02 PM   #3821
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Protip:

Quote:
snip--
I've wanted to bury hatchets. I still want to self-preserve. I don't know how to do both.

--snip
You could try what's worked for me: burying the hatchet in the skull of my enemy; hatchet buried, self preserved, mission accomplished.
Old 08-23-2011, 03:12 PM   #3822
John Sellers
Banned

I found a 201Gb ZiP file containing all 26 seasons of the first Doctor Who series. Unfortunate, it would take me 3 weeks of continuous downloading to get it.

It's times like this that I wish I that my own OC-768 line.
John Sellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 03:13 PM   #3823
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

where did you find that?
Old 08-23-2011, 03:47 PM   #3824
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Maybe your ass just isn't 'earthquake sensitive.'
must absorb the tremors