The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 07-20-2006, 10:42 PM   #76
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

That's what I did when they brought me up to make sure I hadn't gone brain dead after my bypass surgery. Damn thing is not supposed to be there.
Old 07-21-2006, 09:36 PM   #77
wolf
lobber of scimitars

As of about 1800 hrs tonight, momWolf still had not been extubated, however, is now breathing on her own rather than with the assistance of the ventilator. According to the ICU nurse, they'll pull it just as soon as she is sufficiently conscious to maintain her airway. They had discontinued the meds that were keeping her asleep, and she was sleeping naturally.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 09:40 PM   #78
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Progress...good progress.
Old 07-21-2006, 09:56 PM   #79
BlueSky_TheMan
This moment is a gift, thats why they call it the present.

Hey Wolf,

I'm new to the cellar and don't know a stitch about you , But I couldn't help but be moved by you and your mom's struggles outlined in this thread, so I wanted to let you know you have one more person adding their emotional well wishes and sending spiritual strength your way. Good luck with all !
Old 07-22-2006, 10:26 AM   #80
Iggy
Back and ready to tart up the place

Many good wishes to you and your mom! I am sure things will work out, but I know you can handle the difficulties in the meantime.
Old 07-23-2006, 10:14 PM   #81
wolf
lobber of scimitars

When I went to visit this afternoon I was told to hurry right down to the ICU because my mother was waiting for transport to go to another floor. My sister had gone to see her this morning prior to returning to Rhode Island, and did say that several more of the tubes and indwelling monitoring devices had been removed. We hadn't expected her to leave the ICU until sometime tomorrow, so she's doing better than was initially predicted.

The nurse on the cardiac floor was even very excited to see her, and told my mom that she had been checking on her progress following the surgery. Mom liked that. She must be endearing to the hospital staff ... on her return from Presby, the Chestnut Hill nurses, aides, and students were all rushing in and hugging her.

MomWolf is still quite hoarse, but today she is talking and making sense, even if she's sometimes hard to understand. She is having a bit of a hard time grasping the concept that it is now Sunday, but her time sense should come back okay. She was even bitching at me about my shirt being rucked up in the back, which tells me she's really doing much better.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 11:18 PM   #82
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Right on, Momwolf! Now tuck that shirt in and get to bein' snappy, you worrywart of a daughter!
Old 07-23-2006, 11:23 PM   #83
bluecuracao
in a mood, not cupcake

Good to hear your mom's out of ICU. Now everyone can gather around at the same time.
bluecuracao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 02:54 AM   #84
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Great news, Wolf!
Old 07-24-2006, 03:54 AM   #85
CzinZumerzet
.....short for Caz

Hi Wolf. Only being an occasional visitor these days I have read right from the start to here, the account of your mum and her recovery for which hoooray! I and my family have recently had a similar tale to tell with my aunt the star, my mum, her sister, died years and years ago.

Just to say I am so pleased for you and her that she is mending nicely and you must be so relieved. Big hugs to you Wolfie, get some treats organised for yourself and take great good care of yourself.
Old 07-24-2006, 05:57 AM   #86
Griff
still says videotape

Hooray!
Old 07-24-2006, 06:04 AM   #87
bbro
Insert witty comment here

Glad to hear that your mom is doing much better
bbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 12:34 PM   #88
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

Some bouquets for the patient and her supportwolf:

Last edited by LabRat; 01-18-2007 at 09:04 AM.
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 12:49 PM   #89
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Ah, labrat, you're so clever! Supportwolf is indeed what wolfie is!

Best to you, wolfmom and wolf. i'm rooting for you.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 10:14 PM   #90
Brooke of the Land
obsequious purple and clairvoiant

My grandmother is going through a tough hospital stay right now, and we've all been keeping a very close eye on her. Best wishes to your mom and her health, as well as your well-being, Wolf. You'll all make it through okay.
Brooke of the Land is offline   Reply With Quote