The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 01-12-2005, 06:54 PM   #1
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Stupid Prince Tricks

Ok, every politician has problems with teenagers. Some of them, like the Bush twins getting busted for using fake ids, can be laughed off as cute and stupid.

I don't know why Prince Harry decided to wear a Nazi uniform to a costume party, maybe it was his way of making sure that would he would never have to assume the throne. I'm trying to find a comparable act of idiocy from any other national leader's children.

From the picture, it wasn't even one of the cool-looking uniforms, it was more 'brown shirt' than Gestapo or SS.

Of course, it's always possible that Harry, not Andrew, might assume the throne, much like the U.S. got George Jr., and not Jeb Bush. Then you guys can have the kind of fun we've had for the last 4 years -- for the next 40.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 08:22 PM   #2
Dr. Zaius
Superior Inhabitant

*Sigh* More proof to me that it's time for Britain to dump the Royals and join the 21st century. Ever since the advent of mass media they just seem to be a constant and powerful magnet for ongoing national embarassment. Give 'em a trust fund and send 'em on their way. At least with elected politicians you have a faint glimmer of hope of voting them out.

I write this tongue firmly placed in cheek. Of course I realize the Royals will never be dumped. Every tabloid in Britain would be out of business a week later.
Dr. Zaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 10:31 PM   #3
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Zaius
*Sigh* More proof to me that it's time for Britain to dump the Royals and join the 21st century. Ever since the advent of mass media they just seem to be a constant and powerful magnet for ongoing national embarassment. Give 'em a trust fund and send 'em on their way. At least
Yes, but some countries don't seem to have much difficulty. The Royal Family of Sweden seems relatively sane.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
Old 01-13-2005, 02:46 AM   #4
Roosta
Nutter.

Well, that's what happens when you give a bunch of people too much money, free time and booze. And relatives called "uncle dad"
Old 01-13-2005, 05:57 AM   #5
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I think it's horrible what he did. He didn't dress to the theme of the party ... it was not "unsuccessful conquerors". He was certainly raised better than that. He should have been wearing lionskins and a bone through his nose like his brother.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 07:06 AM   #6
Roosta
Nutter.

It makes you wonder what his reaction would have been if somebody had turned up at the party with a crash-test dummy costume and a Merc steering wheel round their neck.....
Old 01-13-2005, 08:55 AM   #7
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf
I think it's horrible what he did. He didn't dress to the theme of the party ... it was not "unsuccessful conquerors". He was certainly raised better than that. He should have been wearing lionskins and a bone through his nose like his brother.
Too bad. If it was "unsuccessful conquerors", he could have dressed as GWB.

No, please don't send me to the GWB lockbox!!
Old 01-13-2005, 09:14 AM   #8
garnet

What an idiot--not only a lack of common decency but common sense. Maybe too much POT SMOKING at play here?
garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 12:21 PM   #9
cjjulie
Colonist Extraordinaire

Too young Too much money, and apparently too much time...
cjjulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 01:08 PM   #10
lookout123
changed his status to single

relax, it is the inevitable result of too many generations worth of inbreeding. unless we're saying he's not really charles' son...
Old 01-13-2005, 01:28 PM   #11
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Heh. "Natives and Colonials" is a theme that is a minefield of politically incorrect possibilities, and he goes of on a tangent and offends in a completely different way. Unless he was being clever and tying the act of colonization and the actions of colonials to the Nazis.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 04:33 PM   #12
Roosta
Nutter.

If brains were dynamite, he wouldn't have enough to blow his hat off.
Old 01-13-2005, 09:43 PM   #13
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

He said that going to a fancy dress party as a Nazi was "something that one does not do" and is "not a laughing matter".
Old 01-14-2005, 12:21 PM   #14
jaguar
whig

Personally I think it's pretty damn funny. The obvious answer is to strip the royal family of any special status and all the major property and let the kid have fun like ever other rich spoilt brat. They're all so utterly out of touch with reality for the vast majority they have no role in government. Judging by the one photo etc he never expected this to hit the tabloids and got fucked by someone at the party which is pretty harsh however, he clearly needs a little time on the whetstone.

Other thing is what what kind of aide/minder let him out of the house wearing a bloody swastika armband???
Old 01-14-2005, 12:28 PM   #15
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Breaking news: Apparently Prince Charles is going to take Harry (and William too) to visit Auschwitz.
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote