The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 04-15-2004, 06:45 PM   #76
ladysycamore
"I may not always be perfect, but I'm always me."

Quote:
Originally posted by Brigliadore
Being attracted to a man is normal for a straight woman. Yes it may be a gay man, but physically its still a man. I have been attracted to gay men, but it was a physical attraction as in "my god that is a good looking man" and nothing more. The friends I have had that were gay were more like girlfriend to me then men. After hanging out with them a few times any attraction was gone, because they act like women.
Ohmygod. I wish I could have done that with a couple of gay men that I thought were sexy as all hell. I would have saved myself YEARS of wasted time (loooong story).

"The Akan concept of Sankofa: In order to move forward we first have to take a step back. In other words, before we can be prepared for the future, we must comprehend the past." From "We Did It, They Hid It"
ladysycamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 06:52 PM   #77
Sun_Sparkz
Has Body Temperature

Quote:
Originally posted by ladysycamore

it sounds like you are saying that if you are female, then you should look a certain way
no this isnt what im saying at all.

everyone looks different/ is different blah blah blah. but there are certain things that are out of the ordinary that some women do to go out of their way to butch up their appearence, themselves and thier lives.
Old 04-15-2004, 07:12 PM   #78
ladysycamore
"I may not always be perfect, but I'm always me."

Quote:
Originally posted by Sun_Sparkz

no this isnt what im saying at all.

everyone looks different/ is different blah blah blah. but there are certain things that are out of the ordinary that some women do to go out of their way to butch up their appearence, themselves and thier lives.
Sorry. Not trying to get on your case, but I'm just trying to be clear as to what you are saying.

Ok, I got that you were not saying that if you are female, then you should look a certain way.

BUT...

Are you saying in the next statement that women that butch up their appearance, themselves and their lives is "out of the ordinary"?

Again, strictly for clarification.

"The Akan concept of Sankofa: In order to move forward we first have to take a step back. In other words, before we can be prepared for the future, we must comprehend the past." From "We Did It, They Hid It"
ladysycamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 07:42 PM   #79
Sun_Sparkz
Has Body Temperature

well i guess to an extent it is not out of the ordinary. but there is a line. obvoiusly, straight or gay, all women are different and some will act more feminine than others. Personally i cant stand girls who act TOO prissy and just talk about hair and make up because that really gets under my skin.

Growing up in the country i was surrounded by lots of 'hard' women, who were in a sense butchy and 'rough' and possessed masculine qualities. these all still appear to be ordinary women to me.

i am talking about those who perhaps tape their breats down, refuse to wear make up or jewelery, want to be a mechanic, cut their hair to a mere 5cm long, wear only jeans and big oversize jackets, and tend to be overly agressive.(variations allowing)

I am not at all saying there is anything WRONG with intentionally acting this way. i just find it hard to get my head around the whole " i like girls, but my girlfriend may as well be a man"
Old 04-16-2004, 01:50 AM   #80
Brigliadore
stays crispy in milk

Quote:
Ohmygod. I wish I could have done that with a couple of gay men that I thought were sexy as all hell. I would have saved myself YEARS of wasted time (loooong story).
To be totally honest, one of my gay friend in high school was Soooooo good looking. And while after a while I thought of him more as a girlfriend then a man, every now and then I would look at him and think "its a dam shame your gay, or I would so be all over you right now". It wasn't something that popped into my head everyday, but it did happen on occasion. Gay men are after all men, and I think its perfectly normal for a straight woman to be attracted to them. They often times have the advantage of being close to us like our girlfriends but they are most decidedly male, and I think thats very attractive to a woman.
Old 04-16-2004, 01:53 AM   #81
Brigliadore
stays crispy in milk

Quote:
I would have saved myself YEARS of wasted time (loooong story).
So maybe you have covered this story before, But I haven't heard it, so spill. Come on, lets go, I want all the juicy details.
Old 04-16-2004, 09:49 AM   #82
elf
Yay! We're Dooomed!

Location: Mostly: New York. Most Recently: New Jersey. Currently: Colorado
To Sun_Sparkz

Maybe you can get your head around it this way: Lets say a female who really is against the penetration thing - finds it repulsive - but otherwise is for the most part "normal" (Normal in this case meaning feminine and looking for a masculine counterpart for relationship). In her eyes, the bulldyke would be just right. All the masculinity and none of the dangly bits!
elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 12:11 PM   #83
godwulf
Coronation Incarnate

Re: A case of mistaken orientation

Quote:
Originally posted by lumberjim
[b]For the Straight people:
Have you ever been "hit on" by a gay person? What did you do?
Maybe this is, or should be, a whole new thread, but...what if you're straight, you're hit on by a gay person, and you end up having sex with them?

I believe very strongly that every individual should be free to define his or her own sexuality, and to 'label' themselves, so to speak, should they feel it necessary to do so, but not everyone agrees, of course - to some people, it just doesn't make sense to say that someone who has ever had an adult, same-sex experience is "straight".

I've had gay friends tell me that if it's only physical - no emotional involvement or romantic feelings at all - then they, at least, wouldn't necessarily consider a person "gay" because of that; then there are the gay friends who maintain that nobody is straight - they're a lot of help.

What do you think?
Old 04-16-2004, 12:13 PM   #84
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally posted by limey

Er .... what?

No, no, unconfused - i just changed the encoding on this page. Благодарю, Стэйси!
Now try to get the cyrillic in the "title" area to show.
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 04:05 PM   #85
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Quote:
Originally posted by Sun_Sparkz
I am talking about those who perhaps tape their breasts down, refuse to wear make up or jewelery, want to be a mechanic, cut their hair to a mere 5cm long, wear only jeans and big oversize jackets, and tend to be overly agressive.(variations allowing)
I don't tape my breasts down or want to be a mechanic, but otherwise this could be a description of me (sometimes). And I'm straight. But then I do have this reputation, and no doubt this explains why ...
Old 04-16-2004, 06:45 PM   #86
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally posted by limey

I don't tape my breasts down or want to be a mechanic, but otherwise this could be a description of me (sometimes). And I'm straight. But then I do have this reputation, and no doubt this explains why ...
And sensible shoes?
Old 04-17-2004, 08:37 AM   #87
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally posted by Brigliadore
So maybe you have covered this story before, But I haven't heard it, so spill. Come on, lets go, I want all the juicy details.
Let's just put it this way: Lady Syc was the penultimate fag hag in the 1990s.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 11:19 AM   #88
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Quote:
Originally posted by xoxoxoBruce
And sensible shoes?
yes, and sensible shoes. Mind you, I do have these, too ...
Attached Images