The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 04-17-2010, 11:16 PM   #1
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

April 18, 2010: Ice Diving

Those long winters in the former Soviet Union must make people a little stir crazy, because they come up with some strange winter recreation.
Quote:
Kaindy Lake is a unique place in Kazakhstan very famous among divers for its hidden underwater forest.
Here is a story of five a little bit crazy guys set off there looking for a good chance for ice diving. The most remote place where they could get by cars was still at least 5 kilometers away from their goal. The only option was to stay for a night in a nearby settlement and use locals’ horses to move tackle to the lake in the morning. Local guides together with five horses started first to pave the way for the divers. After some hours of moving through knee-deep snow a beautiful view opened up before them.

It appears it also cost them money, for travel, lodging and guides, to abuse themselves.
Guess they had cabin fever really bad... or they're married.

Lots of pictures.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:05 AM   #2
HungLikeJesus
Only looks like a disaster tourist

Ice holes!

SteveDallas's Random Thread Picker.
HungLikeJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 10:11 AM   #3
newtimer
Operations Operative

Just a short hike away from Kaindy Lake is Big Rock Kaindy Mountain. That's where most people go.
newtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 05:09 PM   #4
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Fuck. That.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 04:36 AM   #5
SPUCK
Professor

That underwater shot - clearly that is a large alien space craft hovering above. I suspect all those poor people were abducted and given the standard anal probe treatment.
SPUCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 06:30 AM   #6
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUCK View Post
I suspect all those poor people were abducted and given the standard anal probe treatment.
I thought the aliens had reached the limits of what rectal probing could teach them.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:44 AM   #7
chrisinhouston
Professor

People in cold climates do crazy things. Anyone remember this image? I think it also may have been from the Soviet Union or Scandinavia.
Attached Images

chrisinhouston is offline   Reply With Quote