The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Relationships
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Relationships People who need people; or, why can't we all just get along?

Old 01-29-2006, 12:03 PM   #1
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Love Story

Canadian resident Marc Lachance met that special someone on a bus to Havana while vacationing in Cuba.

"We liked each other and spent the day together. But I was too shy to ask her address or telephone number," Lachance told the Belgian publication De Morgen. He got her first name, Sabine, she speaks French, she was travelling with a friend named Klara and that she is from Belgium.

Arriving home in Canada, Lachance realized that Sabine might be "the one". How to track down someone, when you have a first name, the country they live in and the name of a friend, Klara?

"Finally, I looked up in the phonebook the addresses of all women named Sabine," Lachance said. "There are 3,700 of them. I was shocked it's such a popular name."

He has written to all the women named Sabine in the Brussels phone book. Namur is next then the rest of Belgium.

"It is costing me a lot of money," Lachance admitted. "And what if her name is not in the phonebook - I dare not think of that."
Nor think that she might be married, have a phone in another's name, be "GOOD" friends with Klara or lied about the country.

Fool for love, comes to mind.
Old 01-30-2006, 11:11 AM   #2
yesman065
Banned - Self Imposed

Hey at least I have company & thats a good thing!
yesman065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 07:45 PM   #3
marichiko

Clever man, that Lachance. He can come off as a hopelessly romantic, fool for love, while disregarding every single Canadian gal within the reach of his arms. Can we spell "commitment phobe"?

Last edited by marichiko; 01-31-2006 at 12:19 AM. Reason: heh! I can't spell it either!
Old 01-30-2006, 11:00 PM   #4
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

You know it's always possible she was a Cuban shadow posing as a tourist keeping tabs on the foreign tourists. I remember hearing something about that happening in the USSR.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 12:55 AM   #5
WabUfvot5
Operations Operative

This guy is brilliant. Even if he doesn't find the woman that enthralled him you can be damn sure more women know of his existence now. What's that they say about no such thing as bad publicity?
WabUfvot5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 05:39 PM   #6
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by marichiko
Clever man, that Lachance. He can come off as a hopelessly romantic, fool for love, while disregarding every single Canadian gal within the reach of his arms. Can we spell "commitment phobe"?
You, madam, are a wet blanket. You want him to commit to someone that doesn't blow his skirt up? What is he, stud and support service that rightfully belongs to the Cunuk women's home team? You, should be committed. :p