The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 04-11-2008, 03:35 PM   #1
lushchocolateswirl
Hi just me

sororitys

Could someone explain the concept of this college thing

what's their purpose ? why do they exist? and why are they relevent in todays world?
Old 04-11-2008, 04:32 PM   #2
lookout123
changed his status to single

They are quite effective for grouping and referral purposes.

They tend to group together women of certain personality types and goal orientation. This helps the male of the species to efficiently qualify likely targets for fornication.

The female of the species is benefited in that she doesn't have to personally sleep with every male on campus to separate the subpar, average, and above average lovers, she can simply look to her sisters for referrals while occasionnally taking one for the team.

At least that is my understanding of the situation.
Old 04-11-2008, 04:36 PM   #3
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Not helpful, l123, as DaughterofV is many hundreds of miles away, with ample cover for the males of the species in my field of view.

Old 04-11-2008, 08:39 PM   #4
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

One can count on one's Sisters to hold one's hair back while one pukes, and -- occasionally -- to take one's contacts out when one is far too drunk to actually make it to the bathroom at all.

Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 10:17 PM   #5
monster
I hear them call the tide

It's a WAT? (Weird American Thing)
Old 04-12-2008, 12:06 AM   #6
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

All I know about sororities, I learned from watching this documentary.
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 02:33 AM   #7
Crimson Ghost
Larger than life and twice as ugly.

Ah, yes, the sorority.

This is a time honored tradition in American culture, where places of higher learning group together young women of similar age, and socio-economic groups.

The main effect of this grouping is to help these young waifs learn that it is wrong to be different, and that mocking and belittling those who are different is the only way to succeed in life.

In addition to this valuable life lesson, these future home-makers are taught that the only things that matter in life are success, money and power. And that the acquisition of these things is paramount.

Of course it's not all work!

Sororities also teach these young ladies how to pillow-fight in their underwear, when to put out for the captain of the football team, and that college is the best time to experiment. Especially with their sexuality. It is almost mandatory that these nymphs sleep with each other, so as to gain a better understanding of their bodies, and in the process, become better acquainted with the bodies of those who'll be lifelong friends, and sometimes even more.

Yet, even as these life lessons are imparted to them, dangers still abound.

Every year, countless young ladies are lost to homicidal killers hiding in the basements of the sorority house. One would assume that the sound of a chainsaw would send them running in fear. But, alas, no. The mere sound is enough to attract cute, curvaceous co-eds to their doom.

Running though the woods in high-heels while being chased by a knife-wielding madman is now being taught in many state universities,

Spur-of-the-moment sexual encounters, occurring while a murderous psycho is on the loose, is another cause of alarm for many faculty across this great nation of ours.

But, the biggest hazard facing college co-eds today is the "Caribbean Trip".
So many young, nubile, photogenic co-eds are disappearing these days, one would assume that a "white slavery sex ring" was claiming them. Only time will tell, although one theory has suggested that America's institutes of higher learning should send as many co-eds as possible, all at once, so as to overburden the possible killers, and end their reign of terror once and for all.

I have no knowledge of the events which you are describing, and if I did have knowledge of them,
I would be unable to discuss them with you now or at any future period.

Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years
Crimson Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 08:26 AM   #8
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

The Sorority was invented by Al Gore in an effort to decrease global warming. So when you have a keg party you only have to print one invite to each house and thereby save paper which saves trees and increases the amount of CO2 which is absorbed from the earth's atmosphere and cuts down on destruction of the ozone and saves us from getting sunburns when on holiday in Florida at the beach.
Old 04-12-2008, 08:49 AM   #9
Antimatter
Belt Conveyor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
The Sorority was invented by Al Gore in an effort to decrease global warming. So when you have a keg party you only have to print one invite to each house and thereby save paper which saves trees and increases the amount of CO2 which is absorbed from the earth's atmosphere and cuts down on destruction of the ozone and saves us from getting sunburns when on holiday in Florida at the beach.
But wouldn't the additional CO2 released due to increased consumption of beer defeat the purpose?
Antimatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 08:51 AM   #10
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Not if you drink Guinness.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:00 AM   #11
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Bwahahahaha at the idea of sorority girls drinking Guinness
Old 04-13-2008, 10:23 AM   #12
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

I find that most beers increase my methane output, which is a worse greenhouse gas than CO2.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 10:46 AM   #13
euphoriatheory
Sealed for your protection.

Location: New Hampshire. (It's a real state. It's north of Boston.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
One can count on one's Sisters to hold one's hair back while one pukes, and -- occasionally -- to take one's contacts out when one is far too drunk to actually make it to the bathroom at all.

YES!!!!!!!!!! YOU NAILED IT!!!!!!!!!
euphoriatheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 11:05 AM   #14
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

duh, for somebody named lushchocolatepantyswirl, you shure are not the smartest cookie, are you? Yeah, um, sororities are like, (flip of hair) only for girls good enough (like, k, rich enough) to afford the GOOD clothes and Italian bags and junk? AND we are all BEST friends, so, if, like one of you non-sorority or even RIVAL sorority SKANKS skanks on us? well, we'll like, get ALL UP IN YOUR FACE, BITCH and pretty soon the only guys who will date-rape you are the ones with chancre's on their mighty dicks so take THAT, you fat pig!!!!!!!!!
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 11:21 AM   #15
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Glad to see your getting back to your old self, Brianna.