The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 10-25-2004, 08:02 PM   #1
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Name Recognition Spam

This letter made it through Comcast's spam filter. It's your standard currency scam, but I liked the name recognition factor. No second rate government flunkie here.

For those who do not know the man, here is a wikipedia bio and a BBC profile of him.

Quote:
TAYLOR CHARLSE.

I NEED YOUR HONEST ASSISTANCE.

EMAIL: charlestaylor-help@*****.cz

I am CHARLES TAYLOR, the Former President of Liberia. As you may be aware that I have been granted asylum in Nigeria by the President of Nigeria Chief Olusegun Obasanjo (GCFR) and we are presently leaving in Calabar Eastern part of Nigeria.

Please I have what I will call my family last hope money of $ 15,000,000 TO be handed over to any foreign trusted person who will help me to invest this fund into any good business, as I can no longer have any other means of livelihood. Please if you are interested in helping me to received this BOX that is presently with Security Company in NIGERIA. Note that 30% of the total fund only,will go to you. My son will come to your country to start up a business with your assistance so that we can be able to live again.

This fund is in a box deposited to the SECURITY COMPANY IN NIGERIA as a familY BOX. The company is not aware of what is inside the box as I told them that the box belongs to my friend and that I will inform my friend to apply for the collection of the boxes.

So please as soon as you settle with the SECURITY COMPANY IN NIGERIA to claim the box. You will arrange for the coming of my son to your country for proper investment. There is no risk in this as you are aware that our family is now free since we left Liberia to Nigeria peacefully.

Note: I will send to you the certificate of deposit,Change of Ownership Certificate and Power of Attorney for the collection of this box , as soon as I hear from you .

God bless you as you help my family.

Yours sincerely,

CHARLES TAYLOR
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 08:05 PM   #2
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Dear Chuck,

Awfully good to hear from you old boy. Sorry that you have fallen on hard times. Are you sure $15 million will be enough? Inflation can be terrible on those with fixed incomes. Anyway, I'll be happy to send a delivery your way. If you will give me your GPS coordinates, I can have the cruise missile...er....money on it's way in no time.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
Old 10-25-2004, 10:19 PM   #3
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by richlevy
.... I can have the cruise missile...er....money on it's way in no time.
Rich?? Is that you??

You sound so very ............violent. Ring wing-ish even.
slang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 11:06 PM   #4
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by slang
Rich?? Is that you??

You sound so very ............violent. Ring wing-ish even.
Sending the occasional bomber or cruise missile is the perogative of liberals. It's overthrowing countries and spending thousands of American lives and hundreds of billions of dollars in an ill-conceived and poorly planned occupation that we leave to conservatives.
Old 10-26-2004, 01:14 AM   #5
Rush Limballs
NOT a gay republican

Quote:
Originally Posted by richlevy
Sending the occasional bomber or cruise missile is the perogative of liberals...........
.......that need a distraction from national attention as congressional investigations are breaking wide open and making "the zipper" look bad.

Fair enough Rich.

I have an "in" to W, maybe we should put Liberia in the AOE list. One way or another, Charles and his pals should be hunted down and killed, in the name of God.

How much oil do they have?
Rush Limballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 01:20 AM   #6
ThreadHijackMan
Changing the flow

Aaaanny-way..........
ThreadHijackMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 07:58 AM   #7
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

An ex-coworker of mine just got personal spam for a "company" Visa Card--the company that declared bankruptcy 2 months ago. Which makes it both frighteningly smart and appallingly stupid at the same time. Somehow the spam was able to pull his employer's name out of its databanks, but not figure out that the company no longer existed.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote