The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Health

Health Keeping your body well enough to support your head

Old 09-06-2013, 12:45 PM   #16
Nirvana
Back in 10

I am an animal sciences graduate I know all about bovine spongiform encephalopathy and its human equivalent. What pissed me off about the story is why the hell does it matter what they are using surgical instruments for if they know this disease exists then any kind of instrument that is used for brain surgery should be treated, cleaned, autoclaved whatever they have to do [throw it away] in the same way as to prevent all disease.
Old 09-06-2013, 01:00 PM   #17
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana View Post
We have insurance but rates are going higher than ever...
The theory is that when everyone gets on the insurance plans, then the rates won't be going up as high because the uninsured won't be getting free healthcare. It's a big experiment, and since it hasn't been implemented fully yet, we don't know what's going to happen yet.

But already, Obamacare has resulted in me getting a refund from my insurance co. two years in a row because my insurance company wasn't spending the required 85% of premium money on actual medical care.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:02 PM   #18
Nirvana
Back in 10

Hospitals are the main reason insurance rates are so high. The way to gauge this is to ask the billing dept after, what the cash price would be for this bill. A bill to our insurance company was going to be around $5000 for a few stitches and a tetanus shot. Nail in foot. The cash price was $1600. [what we paid] because turning that in could raise our rates

Our health care system sucks and blaming the uninsured is missing the real agendas. Lots of money is made from diseases that are not supposed to be cured. I think there should be a law where no one can sue a Dr but I also think there should standardized determinations of competency. If there already are they are not working.
Old 09-06-2013, 01:06 PM   #19
Nirvana
Back in 10

Glatt, are you required to have any kind of preventative medical care?
Old 09-06-2013, 01:36 PM   #20
glatt

No, but health fairs with screening tests are offered at work every year or two. Totally voluntary though. And confidential.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote