The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 11-14-2012, 10:36 AM   #31
glatt

I feel a little sorry for Broadwell. The paper this morning had a picture of her taken through the kitchen window of her brother's house as she had a glass of red wine to relax after making it through the gauntlet of reporters to get into the house.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:36 AM   #32
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

This is what happens when a general listens to his privates. Just blame it on bush.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:36 PM   #33
Cyber Wolf
As stable as a ring of PU-239

Location: On a huge rock covered in water, highly advanced moss and 7 billion parasites
Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
I feel a little sorry for Broadwell. The paper this morning had a picture of her taken through the kitchen window of her brother's house as she had a glass of red wine to relax after making it through the gauntlet of reporters to get into the house.
I feel worse for her and her brother's neighbors. They have to deal with the media gauntlet, the vehicles taking up parking space and street space, having people hanging around their lawns and sitting on their steps and everything and they did nothing more than live on the same street.

"I don't see why it matters what is written. Not when it's about people. It can always be crossed out." ~Adam Young, Good Omens
Cyber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:34 AM   #34
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

I don't feel sorry for either one of them. Esp. Jill Kelley.

TW- how can you say she's done nothing wrong? She's 3.6 million in debt! she created a charity and then looted it! She used her big-guy connections to try to get her psycho nut job twin sister custody and even the judge knew better. She's done some very, very wrong things. Why isn't her mercedes repossessed? Why is she still living in her 1.5 mil dollar home when any ordinary person would be out on their ass by now?

And Paula? Ok, she fell in love with the guy-when I look at pics of the two of them I can totally see it - she's always looking at him with goo-goo eyes. So. That happens. But her 14 year old self that had to harass a perceived threat (Jill) is laughable in a woman so utterly accomplished as she. And to use Email intimidation tactics? Any normal person would've put on her astronaut underwear, driven for 19 hours straight, put on a wig and black trench coat an confronted her in person!

then again, maybe I just have a heart of stone. A gargoyle heart. Like a doll's eye....black and rolling....no, wait....wrong movie.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum

Last edited by Trilby; 11-15-2012 at 04:57 AM.
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:19 PM   #35
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trilby View Post
TW- how can you say she's done nothing wrong?
Did she have an affair with Petraeus? That was the context. Other stuff is peripheral fodder that I will ignore until the hard facts are being reported. These peripheral stories are quite damning. But remain rumors. I don't pay attention to Entertainment Today or TMZ. Their stories, if true, will eventually be reported by hard news sources. And are unrelated to the CIA, Afghanistan, and other significantly more important issues.

It is a fact that many if not most charities are more likely profit centers for their administrators. What charitywatch.org was created to expose. These charities work because so many decide emotinally. She is prettty. She looks expensive. She sounds honest. So she must be. It amazes me that the majority are that gullible. Making fraud (she is accused of) so easy and routine.

She is far from being the only one doing this stuff. But my comments were not about routine fraud. My comments were about how this Petraeus affair is just throwing so many uninvolved third parties into a spotlight.

I'll wait for Bob Woodward to write the book. Right now, it sounds like a top selling fictional scandel. Almost nobody could write this stuff.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:05 PM   #36
Stormieweather
Wearing her bitch boots

I have a 17 year old daughter whose high school drama(s) reads much like this whole 'affair'.

Not to mention, half of Washington is sleeping with someone they're not married to...so this particular incident is newsworthy why?
Old 11-15-2012, 04:39 PM   #37
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

it's not.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:50 PM   #38
Cyber Wolf
As stable as a ring of PU-239

Location: On a huge rock covered in water, highly advanced moss and 7 billion parasites
Initially the buzz was because Patraeus was supposed to testify on the Benghazi issue and resigned only a week before his appointment. Considering all the focus on that, I can see why it got the attention it did. But now it's more TMZ than anything else.

"I don't see why it matters what is written. Not when it's about people. It can always be crossed out." ~Adam Young, Good Omens
Cyber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:26 PM   #39
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Reality TV is the current fad. A new and upcoming show will be called "Chase my Penis". Image. Join the "Penis of the Month" club. Collect bubble gum cards for each famous penis. Kid can aspire to be just like their new idol. I understand Netanyahu's penis will sell for more than a Joe DiMaggio card.

Ever since the Moral Magjority started covering up Greek statues, there has been this underground market for penis collector items. We have simply taken the penis out of the closet. Nobody wants to dance with Stars. Today, even Elmer Fudd goes hunting for pensis.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 09:39 AM   #40
Lamplighter
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
Did she have an affair with Petraeus? That was the context.
Other stuff is peripheral fodder that I will ignore until the hard facts are being reported.
These peripheral stories are quite damning. But remain rumors.
I don't pay attention to Entertainment Today or TMZ.
Their stories, if true, will eventually be reported by hard news sources.
And are unrelated to the CIA, Afghanistan, and other significantly more important issues.
<snip>
Petraeus plead guilty to a misdemeanor for giving classified secrets to his mistress, Paula Broadwell.
No jail time...only probation. A slap on the wrist and a warning to not do it again,
to someone who is no longer in the military or the government.

To whom do we owe: Thank you for your service to Petraeus ?, or Broadwell?
Lamplighter is offline   Reply With Quote