The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Cities and Travel

Cities and Travel Tell us about where you are; tell us about where you want to be

Old 10-02-2013, 02:12 PM   #1
Stormieweather
Wearing her bitch boots

Cruise

Like zippyt, I am going on a cruise soon. On the 14th, I and my family are taking a 5 day cruise to Cozumel and The Grand Caymans on the ship, Carnival Paradise.

This should be interesting. I've traveled to multiple countries and lived on a sailboat for a while. My spouse and spawn have never been outside the US. In fact, my partner had never lived outside Maryland until he met me and moved halfway across the country.

My oldest daughter turns 18 the second day of the cruise. I've been promising her a cruise since well before her 16th birthday and am finally going to make it happen.

The plan is to go snorkeling at Eden Rock in the Caymans and we've hired a personal driver + van for the day in Cozumel. We intend to see the San Gervasio ruins, tour the chocolate factory as well as the tequila factory , and have a nice lunch off the beaten path (yes, I am bringing Imodium!).

I will be taking my camera and lots of pictures (hopefully). I bought a nice big SD card, and have a small backup, if I happen to fill it up.

Only 12 days. Getting pretty darn excited here!
Old 10-02-2013, 03:07 PM   #2
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Bon voyage.
Old 10-02-2013, 05:42 PM   #3
Chocolatl
Glutton for Gluttony

Have a great time, Stormie!
Chocolatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:24 PM   #4
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

Have a wonderful time! Enjoy the snorkeling and your tours. Bon voyage!
Old 10-03-2013, 12:49 AM   #5
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Yay! That sounds very exciting. Have a great time.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:11 AM   #6
chrisinhouston
Professor

Good time to do it, the storm season is almost over in the Gulf and it has been pretty calm this year. Have fun.
chrisinhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 07:48 AM   #7
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

Have a BLAST !!!
Old 10-03-2013, 11:32 AM   #8
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Lots of pics esp food and menus!
On my ten mile bucket list is a cruise.

I've cruised down the Nile and is was marvellous, but it's not a real cruise after all.
Big envy.
Old 10-03-2013, 04:16 PM   #9
Stormieweather
Wearing her bitch boots

I've done the Nile too, Sundae. Of course, I was buzzed out of my guard and it wasn't overnight, but still fun. The ground just would not stay still once I got off the boat.

I lived on a 44 foot sailboat for the better part of one year. Back then, you could "visit" a cruise ship, hang out and have a cocktail on the deck, which we did. But this will be the first time I actually have a cabin and experience a few nights aboard.

Food...omg. I've been crunching calories to give me some wiggle room before I eat whatever-the-hell-I-want on the ship. Struggling with hormones and weight gain anyway, but damn, I can't afford to buy new clothes when I get back, lol. So yes, I'll take pictures!
Old 10-03-2013, 05:14 PM   #10
glatt

I've been on a Potomac booze cruise. It was actually fun. And a cruise down a scenic portion of the Rhine. That was nice. And an overnight ferry ride to and from Crete. Not meant as a cruise, and no fun.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 04:38 PM   #11
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Ferries sink way too damn often. You couldn't throw me onto a ferry with a catapult.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 06:53 PM   #12
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

I've been on one cruise, in the same situation as yours - my daughter's request for her 'graduation trip'. Funny, we didn't have those in my day ...

But she and I had a blast, we did everything we could, tried everything, and guess who conked out first every night? (Hint: NOT the old lady! These young whippersnappers have no staying power! )

Have a blast and make many good memories, Stormie.
Old 10-04-2013, 07:32 PM   #13
busterb
NSABFD

I've been on 2 cruises.

Along with 1200 other G. I.s
Old 10-05-2013, 08:32 AM   #14
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

I've been on a few cruises with my parents. My only cruise since we've been married was our honeymoon cruise, where we discovered that the seasick patches available in the 1980's did not work very well with Mrs. Levy. Of course there was a hurricane somewhere that made the sea a little choppy, but it was the Carribbean, not the North Atlantic. The only cruises we've been on since then are dinner cruises.

I might be able to get her on a boat again if we do an Alaskan cruise since that would not be open water.

Have fun Stormie. I hope the only stormy weather you encounter is, well, you.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:58 PM   #15
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterb View Post
I've been on 2 cruises.

Along with 1200 other G. I.s
I thank you for going on those 'cruises', sir.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote