The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Philosophy Religions, schools of thought, matters of importance and navel-gazing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-02-2004, 08:50 PM   #1
Lady Sidhe
That's my story and I'm stickin' to it....

Why we should enforce the death penalty

I'll update this as often as I can, with articles that give reason to support the death penalty. Feel free to post your own, as well.

First article:

Disabled Marrero Boy Beaten To Death
Thu Apr 29, 6:31 PM ET

A 6-year-old disabled Marrero boy was killed March 22, and his mother and her boyfriend are under arrest.

Doctors said Joshua Bowman, who had cerebral palsy and could not walk or talk, was beaten to death.

"The child had died from a few different causes, but mainly from a severed liver -- from blunt-force trauma," said Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Detective Doug Thornton. "Evidently, someone had delivered a blow of some type into the child's abdomen, sending the liver into the spine and nearly severing it in two."

Joshua's mother, Georzett Bowman, 26, and her boyfriend, Charles Wilson, 22, who is not Joshua's father, each were booked April 23 with first-degree murder.

Police said medical records indicated a history of apparent abuse. They said Joshua previously had been treated for broken arms, legs and ribs.

Police said Bowman is nine months pregnant with Wilson's child.

(You know....The death penalty isn't as expensive as people think...a powerful enough bullet can go through two people...)

Sidhe

Someday I want to be rich. Some people get so rich they lose all respect for humanity. That's how rich I want to be.
-Rita Rudner

Lady Sidhe is offline   Reply With Quote