FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-01-2014, 12:39 PM   #10
Beest
Adapt and Survive

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
I don;t see how it is a complicated notion that the health insurance given to employees becomes their property - and it should be up to them how they use it.

My employer doesn't have to right to tell me how to spend what it pays me.
As henry quirk says the employer contracts with the insurance company the employee is just a covered party.

The insurance isn't provided to the employee at no cost, the employer can then take the cost of the insurance out of the employees pay check ( or some proportion). The employee cannot just refuse the insurance either, unless they can prove alternate coverage. (That's how it works for me).
So yes, the employer is spending the employees pay.

At my corporation employees earning over $150K gross are responsible for 100% of the $22K cost of insurance. and it's crappy insurance for that money.
Theres sliding scale below that.
The big investor that owns this corporation and many others sets this as standard across all his companies.

"Insurance" is a misnomer anyway but I don't know a better word, "shell game" might be it. On our insurance you can still easily be out of pocket for thousands for day to day occurences, it just limits it instead of climbing into the tens of thousands in a dire circumstance.

Last edited by Beest; 07-01-2014 at 12:49 PM.
Beest is offline   Reply With Quote