The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 04-01-2004, 10:28 AM   #61
jaguar
whig

You've all got sand in your twats.

Quote:
In fact, it is quite the opposite. Many who are subs during their acted out fantasies are actually powerful, no-bullshit leaders; motivated, Type A people in the mundane world.
Makes perfect sense to me, it's a fantasy, something they cannot act out in real life.
Old 04-01-2004, 11:02 AM   #62
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

Oh you're the only one that can be passive agressive now?

whatever, massa.
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 11:04 AM   #63
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

Incidentally, I *know* I should just let this go. But I can't. I'm really not trying to pick a fight, and I really don't know why I don't just shut up. Probably because I really don't know how to articulate what I feel is wrong, and since I've already fucked it up, I guess I might as well take another bite of the shit sandwich. Anybody got some ketchup?
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 11:14 AM   #64
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

well, once you figure out what's really bothering you, you let me know. Until then, I'll shut up about it if you will.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 12:23 PM   #65
linknoid
Superior Inhabitant

Sorry for interrupting the flamefest (although it does appear to have moved to other threads), but I actually wanted to put some comments on the actual picture. My roommate is from Nigeria so I figured he would be a good person to ask about the picture, but I haven't had a chance to talk to him since the picture was posted. Finally I asked him about it this morning.

First off, he's never seen people walking around with hyenas on leashes before, and suggested that that picture was probably taken in certain areas of one of the big cities, possibly the biggest one, in areas you definitely wouldn't want to go (think of the most dangerous inner city areas in the US, with gangs and such, same kind of thing). He said if he could see the guys faces better, he could tell where they're from. He said there's no way people would be keeping hyenas simply as pets, the purpose is definitely for showing off.

About the armbands, he said they're pretty common, made of leather, and a lot of people wear them, especially hunters, and usually use it to carry a knife, with the blade between the armband and the skin. I asked if they were gang related, and he said no, but it's possible the color of the hat might be.

He also suggested another possibility. He said there's a lot of people who practice black magic over there, and one thing they do is write stuff on their arm and then put the armband over it. He said that it gives them a lot of power, and one guy might be able to fight off 20 hyenas at once, or have a wild bear do what it's told, using this black magic. I don't know how much of that I believe is accurate, but he said these people can do some really freaky stuff. Anyway, he said it's most likely these guys are just showing off their powers by keeping hyenas like that.

I didn't ask about the baboons. Maybe it's the same kind of thing?
linknoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 01:07 PM   #66
That Guy
He who reads, sometimes writes.

Faint recollections of Nic Name are floating in my head.

I guess it's a good thing these Nigerians don't have Jews on those chains.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 02:01 PM   #67
warch
lurkin old school

Or Nigerians.
warch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 02:35 PM   #68
ladysycamore
"I may not always be perfect, but I'm always me."

Quote:
Originally posted by OnyxCougar

First of all, if you're gonna call someone a racist, call him a racist and don't be a pussy about it. Secondly, if anyone calls ME a racist, and I get my hands on them they'll be eating their nuts for breakfast. Thirdly, it was a fucking joke. And with all the bad jokes you've throw around here, jim, I'd have thought you'd be more understanding instead of calling people a racist.

[/rant]
Damn! I'm thinking, "If anyone should be offended, shouldn't it be *ME*?" :p Quite honestly, the comment rolled right off of my shoulders. I did get a chuckle out of it, but then after I thought about it, I was like, "Hey!" but not like I was going to go after TS with the verbal bitchslap or anything.

I'm learning to pick and choose my battles very carefully nowadays.

"The Akan concept of Sankofa: In order to move forward we first have to take a step back. In other words, before we can be prepared for the future, we must comprehend the past." From "We Did It, They Hid It"
ladysycamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 02:53 PM   #69
ladysycamore

Quote:
Originally posted by Elspode

This is not terribly uncommon. For some reason, the desire to be a submissive doesn't correlate with willingness to do menial tasks or act submissive in the real world outside of playtime. In fact, it is quite the opposite. Many who are subs during their acted out fantasies are actually powerful, no-bullshit leaders; motivated, Type A people in the mundane world.

Go figure...
You are very correct with that fact. I know of such a submissive. He's a leader at his job (car sales). Sometimes, I would be on the phone with him, and he'd tell me to hold on, and I would hear him giving someone orders to do thus and so (and in a tone that meant business!). However, when he would talk to me from his home, his tone changed dramatically and he would ask permission for him to call me "Mistress". (long story) :p Go figure.

"The Akan concept of Sankofa: In order to move forward we first have to take a step back. In other words, before we can be prepared for the future, we must comprehend the past." From "We Did It, They Hid It"
Old 04-02-2004, 02:58 PM   #70
ladysycamore

Quote:
Originally posted by lumberjim
I stated that I had made my point( and since you STILL don't get my point, it was this: you shouldnt make racist jokes in the 1st person) and I let it go.
Maybe it's best to not make a racist joke period, but that's just me.

Old 04-02-2004, 03:04 PM   #71
Troubleshooter
The urban Jane Goodall

Quote:
Originally posted by ladysycamore

Maybe it's best to not make a racist joke period, but that's just me.
To borrow a line from someone who makes a living off of racism.

"Who's more racist? Black people or white people?

Black people, cuz we hate niggahs too!"

I think he's pretty damn funny. The only reason he gets away with it is because he's black, and funny.

Who remembers Mel Brooks back when he was funny?
Old 04-02-2004, 04:54 PM   #72
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally posted by ladysycamore

You are very correct with that fact. I know of such a submissive. He's a leader at his job (car sales). Sometimes, I would be on the phone with him, and he'd tell me to hold on, and I would hear him giving someone orders to do thus and so (and in a tone that meant business!). However, when he would talk to me from his home, his tone changed dramatically and he would ask permission for him to call me "Mistress". (long story) :p Go figure.
and here I thought you only recently met lumberjim ...

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 08:27 PM   #73
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

goddammit, wolf. That was too easy. no points for that one. low degree of difficulty.
Old 04-02-2004, 08:31 PM   #74
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

and another thing:

Quote:
he would ask permission for him to call me "Mistress". (long story) Go figure.
oh, no no. Let's have the "long story"......We're not going anywhere.
Old 04-02-2004, 08:45 PM   #75
blue
Operations Operative

No shit?!