The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Philosophy Religions, schools of thought, matters of importance and navel-gazing

Old 03-15-2005, 05:37 PM   #1
breakingnews
Q_Q

what type of religion is yours?

http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=10907

I found this entertaining at first but then kind of frightening. Mostly because of the end result. Perhaps it just affirms that my republican ways really might be the work of the devil.

Quote:
You scored as Satanism.

Your beliefs most closely resemble those of Satanism! Before you scream, do a bit of research on it. To be a Satanist, you don't actually have to believe in Satan. Satanism generally focuses upon the spiritual advancement of the self, rather than upon submission to a deity or a set of moral codes. Do some research if you immediately think of the satanic cult stereotype. Your beliefs may also resemble those of earth-based religions such as paganism.
Old 03-15-2005, 05:55 PM   #2
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Christian 78%

hehe... weird
Old 03-15-2005, 06:07 PM   #3
perth
Strong Silent Type

Quote:
You scored as agnosticism.

You are an agnostic. Though it is generally taken that agnostics neither believe nor disbelieve in God, it is possible to be a theist or atheist in addition to an agnostic. Agnostics don't believe it is possible to prove the existence of God (nor lack thereof). Agnosticism is a philosophy that God's existence cannot be proven. Some say it is possible to be agnostic and follow a religion; however, one cannot be a devout believer if he or she does not truly believe.

agnosticism - 88%
atheism - 79%
Satanism - 71%
Buddhism - 58%
Islam - 58%
Paganism - 42%
Judaism - 25%
Christianity - 17%
Hinduism - 8%
Yay! I'm kind of surprised about ranks 3,4 and 5.
perth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 06:56 PM   #4
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Satanism (on that list) is not what you might think. The guy who started it just called it that to tweak Christians. It has nothing to do with Satan, as breakingnews' post mentioned.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 08:24 PM   #5
Troubleshooter
The urban Jane Goodall

agnosticism 79%
Satanism 63%
Buddhism 54%
atheism 54%
Paganism 50%
Islam 25%
Judaism 13%
Christianity 4%
Hinduism 0%

The agnosticism is no surprise, but the satanism was. I'm not generally that hedonistic. The buddhism/athiesm thing is a bit weird though.
Old 03-15-2005, 08:49 PM   #6
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Quote:
You scored as agnosticism.

You are an agnostic. Though it is generally taken that agnostics neither believe nor disbelieve in God, it is possible to be a theist or atheist in addition to an agnostic. Agnostics don't believe it is possible to prove the existence of God (nor lack thereof). Agnosticism is a philosophy that God's existence cannot be proven. Some say it is possible to be agnostic and follow a religion; however, one cannot be a devout believer if he or she does not truly believe.

agnosticism 92%
I don't want to go into too much detail about the runners up, considering the climate in this country today. If anyone wants to trade results by PM, that's a different story.

I did score this in last place
Christianity 25%

BTW, I did find it interesting that it is possible to score a zero in any religion. I always assumed there was always some overlap.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama

Last edited by richlevy; 03-15-2005 at 08:51 PM.
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 08:55 PM   #7
Troubleshooter
The urban Jane Goodall

Quote:
Originally Posted by richlevy
I don't want to go into too much detail about the runners up, considering the climate in this country today. If anyone wants to trade results by PM, that's a different story.
Why the reticence here? Considering the climate here in the Cellar...

You can't set much store by the results anyway. We have not idea how the results are tabulated.
Old 03-15-2005, 09:42 PM   #8
jinx
Come on, cat.

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="300"> <tbody><tr><td>agnosticism

</td> <td> <table bgcolor="#dddddd" border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="92"> <tbody><tr> <td>
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> <td>92%</td> </tr> <tr> <td> atheism

</td> <td> <table bgcolor="#dddddd" border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="79"> <tbody><tr> <td>
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> <td>79%</td> </tr> <tr> <td> Paganism

</td> <td> <table bgcolor="#dddddd" border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="54"> <tbody><tr> <td>
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> <td>54%</td> </tr> <tr> <td> Satanism

</td> <td> <table bgcolor="#dddddd" border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="50"> <tbody><tr> <td>
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> <td>50%</td> </tr> <tr> <td> Buddhism

</td> <td> <table bgcolor="#dddddd" border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="38"> <tbody><tr> <td>
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> <td>38%</td> </tr> <tr> <td> Christianity

</td> <td> <table bgcolor="#dddddd" border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="17"> <tbody><tr> <td>
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> <td>17%</td> </tr> <tr> <td> Hinduism

</td> <td> <table bgcolor="#dddddd" border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="17"> <tbody><tr> <td>
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> <td>17%</td> </tr> <tr> <td> Islam

</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> <td>17%</td> </tr> <tr> <td> Judaism

</td> <td> <table bgcolor="#dddddd" border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="13"> <tbody><tr> <td>
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> <td>13%</td></tr></tbody> </table>
Old 03-15-2005, 09:52 PM   #9
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troubleshooter
Why the reticence here? Considering the climate here in the Cellar...

You can't set much store by the results anyway. We have not idea how the results are tabulated.
Because I don't use an alias. Therefore, when I run for Congress I will not be able to deny any of this. Just by knowing Radar I've probably already lost 10 points in the polls.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 06:28 AM   #10
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

I am a Buddhist--89%! Who knew?
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 07:56 AM   #11
Troubleshooter
The urban Jane Goodall

Quote:
Because I don't use an alias. Therefore, when I run for Congress I will not be able to deny any of this. Just by knowing Radar I've probably already lost 10 points in the polls.
Knowing Radar probably costs you more than you might think.

And considering running for congress loses you points here. What's more important?
Old 03-16-2005, 08:01 AM   #12
Pie
Gone and done

Okay, this was funny:
You scored as atheism.
You are... an atheist, though you probably already knew this. Also, you probably have several people praying daily for your soul. Instead of simply being "nonreligious," atheists strongly believe in the lack of existence of a higher being, or God.

atheism 83%
Satanism 67%
Paganism 58%
Buddhism 46%
agnosticism 21%
Islam 17%
Christianity 17%
Judaism 13%
Hinduism 8%

Why only 83%?!
Old 03-16-2005, 08:22 AM   #13
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Buddhism 71%

Hinduism 71%

Judaism 50%

Paganism 46%

agnosticism 38%

Satanism 33%

Islam 33%

atheism 13%

Christianity 4%

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 09:22 AM   #14
mrnoodle
bent

Christianity 83%
agnosticism 58%
Islam 50%
Judaism 46%
Buddhism 38%
Paganism 38%
Hinduism 21%
Satanism 8%
atheism 0%

the questions were loaded...."there should be no restrictions on diet or sexual activity" since when did those go together? "man is made for god, women are made for men". what if you only agree with half the question?
Old 03-16-2005, 09:51 AM   #15
Troubleshooter
The urban Jane Goodall

Quote:
Therefore, when I run for Congress I will not be able to deny any of this.
Somehing I ran across and thought of you...

http://www.hillnews.com/thehill/expo...reditcard.html

A Hill of credit-card debt
By Josephine Hearn

More than 40 members of the House reported carrying at least $10,000 in credit-card or charge-card debt in 2003 and parts of 2004, according to a survey of financial disclosure reports conducted by The Hill.

The findings come as the House is poised to take up a bankruptcy-reform measure that would give banks and credit card companies expanded powers to seek repayment from debtors who file bankruptcy.

Opponents of the bill drew hope from the data, suggesting that lawmakers who nurse high-interest debt might be more likely to sympathize with indebted consumers. High credit-card debt is often a factor in the decision to file for bankruptcy, although the root cause is usually related to a life-altering event such as a divorce, illness or the loss of a job, experts said.

"Members aren't that much different than regular Americans. Some run up high credit-card bills when they shouldn't. One would hope that it would make them more sensitive to regular Americans earning far less money that are threatened by this bill," said Travis Plunkett, legislative director at the Consumer Federation of America, which has opposed the bill on the grounds that it favors credit-card companies at the expense of average consumers.

Yet the 43 members identified in the survey were as likely to have voted for the bankruptcy bill when it came to the House floor in 2003 as were members without credit-card or similar revolving accounts.

In general, members of Congress were much less likely to have credit-card debt than the average American. About 51 million households carry credit-card debt at an average balance of nearly $12,000, according to cardweb.com. Only 10 percent of House members had similar debt.

...more...