The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 11-28-2003, 12:04 AM   #286
jeni
is stuck on altair-4

Quote:
Originally posted by JeepNGeorge
After reading this thread I can't seem to bring myself to watch the christmas story this year. Silly red rider bb guns.
I saw that for the first time a couple days ago...I wasn't terribly impressed. And it has an 8. something on IMDb! I was astounded. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't something I could watch every year. Now, Christmas Vacation...I can watch that every year.
jeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 12:37 AM   #287
wolf
lobber of scimitars

For me, Christmas Vacation was a see once and over.

A Christmas Story, on the other hand is endlessly entertaining and I look forward to the 24 hour marathon of it on TNT every year.

Everytime you turn the channel on it's the good part ... the little orphan annie decoder, the major award, visiting santa, flick and the flagpole ... yeah!!!

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 09:40 AM   #288
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Indeed!! I'm looking forward to unpacking the special edition DVD for the first time.

SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 01:03 PM   #289
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Now THAT's a doodad. (not to imply that anyone else's doodads are any less doodaddy).

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2003, 01:48 PM   #290
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

That lamp is in "all" the catalogs this year. It's a pretty faithful reproduction but it's only 2 feet high.
Christmas Story- Quote lines from it and you'd be amazed the cross section of people that respond. It rings true with every strata but probably older (35?) people most.
Old 12-02-2003, 12:34 PM   #291
darclauz
Breathing into a paper bag

Quote:
Originally posted by Undertoad
David, under the thread "things you should do" here is the thing you should not do:

And by the way, just for future reference, I don't play that particular game; if you insult me as a way of getting closer to me, I will probably react poorly.

so...there goes my "capture UT's attention" strategy.

drat.
Old 12-02-2003, 01:09 PM   #292
darclauz
Breathing into a paper bag

Quote:
Originally posted by HaywardNelson
I'm sure she didn't realize you could get all of that information from her post. Unless she posted that herself and you just cut and pasted it, you're in the wrong, but tell yourself whatever you need to in order to sleep at night.

There is that whole thing when you register about how this site respects your privacy, though. Is this respecting her privacy? The fact that she is an ass doesn't give you the right to announce her information to the world.
sez you.
Old 12-12-2003, 03:44 AM   #293
That Guy
He who reads, sometimes writes.

Quote:
Originally posted by dave
It's sort of like making rape jokes to a rape victim - one of those things you normally don't do.
And yet it didn't keep me from posting Holocaust jokes on the "Tasteless Jokes" thread, and chasing away Nic. Then again, I'm a mildly offensive Texan.

Good luck to ya, Dave. I'll still take you out for some real barbecue if you ever make down here (just give me ample warning).
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote