The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 04-17-2015, 04:39 PM   #16
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I got no info on this, nothing:

Name:  noinfo.jpg
Views: 872
Size:  33.8 KB

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 10:10 AM   #17
Griff
still says videotape

They are learning.
Attached Images

Old 04-18-2015, 02:04 PM   #18
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
I got no info on this, nothing:

Attachment 51174
see Mobbing

also

https://www.google.com/search?q=bird...sQsAQ&dpr=1.25
Old 04-28-2015, 01:34 PM   #19
Carruthers
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Lazio's mascot eagle Olimpia is attacked by a crow as it flies before the start of their match against Chievo Verona at the Olympic stadium in Rome.
This photo appeared in one of yesterday's newspapers.
I wondered if it was the same bird as pictured in Post #16.

Admittedly the bird in the earlier post does not appear to have jesses, and a crow mobbing a large raptor isn't uncommon, but there's nothing wrong with a bit of speculation.
Old 04-28-2015, 03:15 PM   #20
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

So you think the crow has moved up from riding vultures in Spain (2009) to Eagles in Rome (2015).

Me thinks that's a streeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetch.
Old 04-28-2015, 03:19 PM   #21
Carruthers
Junior Master Dwellar

Thanks for that Bruce.

Could have sworn the raptor in Post #16 was an Eagle.

Well spotted, sir.
Old 04-28-2015, 03:22 PM   #22
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Crows are equal opportunity bastards.
Old 04-28-2015, 03:26 PM   #23
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Most bastards are.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 05-15-2015, 12:31 PM   #24
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Old 05-15-2015, 03:40 PM   #25
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Crows being bastards.
Old 05-15-2015, 04:40 PM   #26
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
http://www.utne.com/community/countoncrows.aspx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Frazier
Lately, I’ve been working for the crows, and so far it’s the best job I ever had. I fell into it by a combination of preparedness and luck. I’d been casting around a bit, looking for a new direction in my career, and one afternoon when I was out on my walk I happened to see some crows fly by. One of them landed on a telephone wire just above my head. I looked at him for a moment, and then on impulse I made a skchhh noise with my teeth and lips. He seemed to like that; I saw his tail make a quick upward bobbing motion at the sound. Encouraged, I made the noise again, and again his tail bobbed. He looked at me closely with one eye, then turned his beak and looked at me with the other, meanwhile readjusting his feet on the wire. After a few minutes, he cawed and flew off to join his companions. I had a good feeling I couldn’t put into words. Basically, I thought the meeting had gone well, and as it turned out, I was right. When I got home there was a message from the crows saying I had the job.

That first interview proved indicative of the crows’ business style. They are very informal and relaxed, unlike their public persona, and mostly they leave me alone. I’m given a general direction of what they want done, but the specifics of how to do it are up to me. For example, the crows have long been unhappy about public misperceptions of them: that they raid other birds’ nests, drive songbirds away, eat garbage and dead things, can’t sing, etc.—all of which is completely untrue once you know them. My first task was to take these misperceptions and turn them into a more positive image. I decided the crows needed a slogan that emphasized their strengths as a species. The slogan I came up with was Crows: We Want to Be Your Only Bird.™ I told this to the crows, they loved it, and we’ve been using it ever since.

Crows speak a dialect of English rather like that of the remote hill people of the Alleghenies. If you’re not accustomed to it, it can be hard to understand. In their formal speech they are as measured and clear as a radio announcer from the Midwest—though, as I say, they are seldom formal with me. (For everyday needs, of course, they caw.) Their unit of money is the empty soda bottle, which trades at a rate of about 20 to the dollar. In the recent years of economic boom, the crows have quietly amassed great power. With investment capital based on their nationwide control of everything that gets run over on the roads, they have bought a number of major companies. Pepsi-Cola is now owned by the crows, as well as Knight Ridder newspapers and the company that makes Tombstone frozen pizzas. The New York Metropolitan Opera is now wholly crow-owned.

In order to stay competitive, the crows recently merged with the ravens. This was done not only for reasons of growth but also to better serve those millions who live and work near crows. In the future, both crows and ravens will be known by the group name of Crows, so if you see a bird and wonder which it is, you don’t have to waste any time: Officially and legally, it’s a crow. The net result of this, of course, is that now there are a lot more crows—which is exactly what the crows want. Studies they’ve sponsored show that there could be anywhere from 10 to a thousand times more crows than there already are, with no strain on carrying capacity. A healthy increase in crow numbers would make basic services like cawing loudly outside your bedroom window at six in the morning available to all. In this area, as in many others, the crows are thinking very long term.
Old 05-16-2015, 04:37 PM   #27
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Crows actually can sing, and beautifully, too; so far, however, they have not been given the chance.
I, for one, welcome our new, ebon overlords...

Old 07-03-2015, 09:58 AM   #28
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Ok, now it's getting old:

Name:  crow-riding-1.jpg
Views: 654
Size:  27.4 KB

Name:  crow-riding-2.jpg
Views: 660
Size:  32.0 KB

Name:  crow-riding-3.jpg
Views: 666
Size:  36.8 KB

Story @ GrindTV

Old 07-03-2015, 09:59 AM   #29
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

How did he check his luggage.
Old 07-04-2015, 12:44 AM   #30
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Good question, everyone knows crows aren't carrion birds.