The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 11-28-2006, 10:30 AM   #61
bbro
Insert witty comment here

I don't think it could ever compete with your ass even if I did have people to take pictures of it.
bbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 06:36 AM   #62
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

I'm back on track with the walk before work. This is the view from the point where I turn round on the path ...
Attached Images

Old 12-03-2006, 07:10 AM   #63
Griff
still says videotape

Did you notice you live in a nice place?
Old 12-03-2006, 10:19 AM   #64
lookout123
changed his status to single

*pfft* it looks just like my urban commute. in the desert. where everything is stucco. and we have bumper to bumper traffic running 80. and no natural shorelines.

damn. can i come live with you limey? that is b u t us.
Old 12-03-2006, 10:36 AM   #65
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookout123
where everything is stucco.
Completely random sidenote: I did some audio for a new home builder recently, for a training program for new site managers. There was a whole section on what states stucco was used in (Arizona, Florida, and parts of southern California) and it stressed repeatedly that the style was only popular in these places and should never, ever be installed anywhere else. It's a conspiracy to keep your houses ugly, I'm telling you.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 11:46 AM   #66
limey

I know, I know .... why'dya think I moved here? Fix a date and I'll organise a weekend/week holiday for the first 23 cellarites to sign up .... I'm on the committee of the local community hall and we have a fab little bunkhouse I'd love y'all to rent! Form an orderly queue now ...
Old 12-03-2006, 02:34 PM   #67
lookout123
changed his status to single

strangely enough, stucco grows on you. now when i head back to the midwest having old siding, dirty brick, etc. seems dirty or rundown. it's just what you are used to.
Old 12-03-2006, 06:16 PM   #68
JayMcGee
Cardigan-wearing man

Quote:
Originally Posted by limey
I know, I know .... why'dya think I moved here? Fix a date and I'll organise a weekend/week holiday for the first 23 cellarites to sign up .... I'm on the committee of the local community hall and we have a fab little bunkhouse I'd love y'all to rent! Form an orderly queue now ...

I'm in! Despite having lived in Campbeltown in my teens, all I ever saw of Arran was from the steamer to Glasgow. Love to go there.

(your bunkhouse is 'en-suite', I take it?)
Old 12-04-2006, 02:43 AM   #69
limey

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMcGee
I'm in! Despite having lived in Campbeltown in my teens, all I ever saw of Arran was from the steamer to Glasgow. Love to go there.

(your bunkhouse is 'en-suite', I take it?)
You lived in Campbeltown?! No wonder you like cardigans! I think folks'll have to draw lots for the en suite rooms .... or write me an essay justifying their need being greater than that of others.
Old 12-04-2006, 03:26 PM   #70
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookout123
strangely enough, stucco grows on you. now when i head back to the midwest having old siding, dirty brick, etc. seems dirty or rundown. it's just what you are used to.
And real concrete stucco can also be an extremely durable siding that is actually maintenance free (unlike all other siding that claims to be maintenance free.) There are stucco buildings in Europe that are several centuries old, with the original stucco.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 08:44 AM   #71
bbro
Insert witty comment here

Ok, so I am going to post every little thing that I do because I need reassurance that it is still good, even if it is small.

I walked for about 20 minutes yesterday and did about 5 minutes on a mini-stepper. Man, those things are hard! I really didn't snack yesterday. I had a tangerine, but that is a good snack. I wanted fast food, but didn't get any - mainly because I forgot my money, but I felt better for not having it. I didn't have the best dinner, but I didn't snack at night, either. I added some cream cheese and melba toast to my dinner.
I also haven't had a cigarette since Saturday when I had only one. I can't drink for the next three weeks per my doctor, so I think giving up smoking will be easier this way.

Now, I just need to walk again today. It was such a nice walk, I wish I could venture outside of my complex, but it is dark when I get home and I live off of a highway. I am not wondering where I don't know or on a street people average about 60-70 mph. I just have to plan my route so that it takes me 30 minutes to do without passing the same houses ten times!!

How is everyone else doing?
bbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 12:09 PM   #72
limey

bbro, that's looking really good. You are tackling a lot of things at once so hold your achievements in mind if you sometimes slip up in one area. Get more tangerines in, and other fruit, and snack all you like on those. Finding a walking route you like will help a lot - it has me.
You'll probably find the doc's drinking ban helps you lose weight, too. Well done, keep it up.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:56 AM   #73
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

(I have changed this post slightly, because it was worded negatively - one of the changes is to like myself and recognise my achievements!)

New year, new start, and I have started making changes.

I walked in this morning and it was a positive experience even in the rain. My initial goal is to walk in twice a week and increas this as time goes on. As the evenings get lighter I will be up to walking home as well.

I haven't had a drink all week and intend to continue this indefinitely. This is probably the first time in 3 years I have been without alcohol for this long. It was so much easier than I expected and I think I have been habit-drinking rather than that I really had a problem (my great fear, and one of the reasons I didn't want to try to stop).

Apart from the benefit to my mental health and my general physical health, I believe not drinking will lead to painless weightloss which will be a great kickstart to more significant weightloss to follow.

I've also brought my blender into work to start making smoothies while I'm here. Hoping to stop snacking and start eating my 5 portions of fruit & veg a day instead.

It's only the start, and I am taking one step at a time, but I am very proud of myself for doing and not just thinking.

109lbs to lose.

Last edited by Sundae; 01-11-2007 at 12:05 PM. Reason: As per top of post
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 11:58 AM   #74
yesman065
Banned - Self Imposed

Congrats - Way to go!!
yesman065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 12:14 PM   #75
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Good job SG!