The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-22-2019, 11:14 PM   #1
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Sept 23rd, 2019 : Wanna Buy Some Woods?

Wouldn’t you like to buy a little piece of the woods? A place out in the boondocks where you could escape the hustle and bustle
of reality. A place where you could, even in small chunks, find peace? That’s it, a piece for peace!
This piece in Northern California is 530 acres (215 Hectares) of mostly trees, that’s a good thing right?

They are pretty big trees, Sequoias, almost 500 of the more than six feet (183 cm) in diameter. One was 500 years old during
the Trojan Wars. One called the Stagg Tree is believed to be the 5th biggest tree in the world.
Talk about a cool place to get away from it all, then back to reality on Monday morning like the people with no woods.
But think of the bragging rights for the workweek. Moi? why I think I’ll mosey out to MY woods this weekend.
All the night clubs and Gyms are so crowded, unlike MY woods, maybe I'll cut down a tree for exercise.
You could be the most hated person at work.

There is one tiny fly in the ointment. Since this is the last large section of the old growth Sequoias in private hands, a bunch of
damn do-gooders have made an offer to buy it. They want to buy it and give it to the government, even signed the papers... but
they don’t have the $15 million. I figure while they are out begging you could sneak in and snatch it right out from under them.

So, you wanna buy some woods?

link