The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Health
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Health Keeping your body well enough to support your head

Old 04-06-2006, 09:14 PM   #16
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

I don't remember my dreams. I'm usually too busy sleeping.:p

I will though if something is bothering me but that is a very rare thing.

Last edited by skysidhe; 04-06-2006 at 09:17 PM.
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 09:08 PM   #17
Ridgeplate
Zen Laxatives: "This too shall pass..."

The weird dreams are the only ones I ever remember. *shudder* And one of them I'd just as soon not repeat...
Ridgeplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 01:39 AM   #18
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtexanssane
Here is a thought.
If it is true that dreams are your brains way doing a sorting process by separating that which is destined for long term memory from that which needs to be discarded: Does this mean that people who dont remember their dreams are spending all their time with thoughts that need to be discarded?
If your assumption is correct, it explains a lot about how my brain works.

I rarely dream.

My head is a random collection of ill-sorted information.

Last week we need the phone number of an emergency room that we call maybe once every two months. Three people were scrabbling through directories to find it and I rattled it off.

I can't remember my own cell phone number without checking my business cards.

Tonight, there was a piece of paper with a social security number and date of birth on it. No name. My coworker read off the DOB and I said "Straight-John, give that to Homo-John, that's Mr. Overdose."

The names of my coworkers and patient have been changed to protect the guilty, however, we really do call them Straight and Homo to distinguish them when they are working on the same shift. This is at the Homo's request. The Straight puts up with it.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 10:45 AM   #19
skysidhe

I thought rtexanssane was very interesting too!

@Ridgeplate

Speaking of nightmares. I had one of those old fashioned kiddy kind. The ones that look like old B monster movies and they are out to eat you. Or maybe Midnight by Dean Koonz. Same principle.
Old 04-08-2006, 10:58 AM   #20
marichiko

Guess it depends. I take an anti-depressant that either causes me to dream infrequently or else not remember my dreams. I muddle around and forget EVERYTHING just about. Maybe, also, my brain has given up on dreaming because the hard wiring is gone to put down long term memories. Its funny how I can remember some things pretty good, although I could never pull of Wolf's feats with numbers, and other things I just draw a blank on.

Faces and numbers, new streets or topography - anything to do with shapes continue to be my nemesis. I can find my way around a back country road that I was down thirty years ago, but don't ask me to go out east of town where they've been building like mad. I'll drive in circles for hours, completely lost. Words and conversations, I'm much better at, but I can't remember who I talked with.
Old 04-08-2006, 11:21 AM   #21
skysidhe

I don't take anything and I am still that way mari!

I get lost reading the lines on my palms even!:P
Old 04-08-2006, 11:37 AM   #22
marichiko

Sky, my antidepressent is not responsible for my spatial woes. I suffered from chronic carbon monoxide poisoning for years, and have been left with some wierd neurological twists, as a result, My verbals skills were largely spared, but I score in the lower 1% on spatial tasks and spatial memory. Yet, on some verbal tasks I score in the upper 1%. Its the wierdest damn thing to have happen, but I am slowly adjusting to it, and finding ways I can utilize the strenghts I have remaining to me, while compensating for the weaknesses.
Old 04-15-2006, 12:35 PM   #23
skysidhe

That's good mari. Or not ...hum. There is something called 'Brain Gym' There are certain things you can do to make new pathways. Any thing that excersise right brain activity such as ,Art,Music, puzzles ect.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I had a dream night before last. I cut Tom Cruise off in traffic. He became enraged.He wanted to kill me so I was running around town finding buildings to hide in.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last night I had a lovely dream and I slept in until 8 am. That was nice

Last edited by skysidhe; 04-15-2006 at 12:56 PM.
Old 04-15-2006, 01:24 PM   #24
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad
Wow, and I thought 'whisper down the lane' was just a party game.

puppetutes - pompitious - pompatus
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 04:39 PM   #25
skysidhe

I had a dream night before last. I cut Tom Cruise off in traffic. He became enraged.He wanted to kill me so I was running around town finding buildings to hide in.

This is a repeat dream. I have had three nightmares since joining this site. One of the people here my psychie thinks is a Tom Cruise kinda character.

Tom Cruise= unstable ego maniac
Old 04-20-2006, 04:42 PM   #26
glatt

I was recently thinking this, and then I saw it in print somewhere.

Tom Cruise is the new Michael Jackson. He's fallen that far.

Prediction: If his new Mission Impossible 3 movie doesn't do well, his career is over. That would be a win for all of us.

edit: And it's too bad that this place is giving you nightmares. I've never heard that one before.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 04:47 PM   #27
skysidhe

I don't know if I would go as far as to say Micheal Jackoson. At least I wouldn't be afraid of M.J. flying off the handle.

What happened to Tom Cruise? I have MI one and two but I don't think I can watch him anymore. Not without feeling somekind of cringing pain.
Old 04-20-2006, 04:50 PM   #28
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt
Prediction: If his new Mission Impossible 3 movie doesn't do well, his career is over. That would be a win for all of us.
I'll probably see it because of Philip Seymour Hoffman and Laurence Fishburne. Apparently there's a scene where Hoffman punches Cruise, and test audiences applauded.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 12:06 PM   #29
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

I have recently applied for a job in a different city. (Recently = if they have any interest I should get a phone call or an email any day now.)

Last night in my dream I drove to this other city with my family for the job interview. There were four candidates there in a waiting room type situation. The other three were called in for their interviews. After the third was finished the woman in charge announced that they were hiring the second one and that the rest of us should go home. When I asked her if she could explain why they weren't even going to interview me, she just chuckled and went back in her office.
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 12:46 PM   #30
Munchkin
Colloquialist

Has anyone done Lucid Dreaming? When I was a young teen my older brothers were reading about it. They suggested that I keep a dream journal and try to figure out what was unique about my dreams, that would make me realize that I was dreaming.

After a short time, I realized that the colors were way off in my dreams. On night I dreamt I was in my middle school auditorium, and the stairs were pink (theyre actually gray). So, I realized I was dreaming and at that point I could do what I want. So of course I went for a little fly...but then woke up almost immidiately.

After that night, I hardly ever remembered my dreams. Im not sure if it was connected or not, but it may have been.

Now that Ive read this, Ill have to try to start paying attention to when I remember dreams...whether or not it depends on if I woke up on my own or not...

About the initial topic of this thread... Ive had a few dreams where Ive really had to think about it to figure out whether or not the events int he dream really happened. Very rare ...and usually only when waking up do I feel that way... but one was significant. In my dream, I dreamt that I killed a kid from my school that was making fun of me and I hid his body...every once and a while during the few weeks after the dream, I would get this really scary feeling that I did something and I might get caught. I knew I didnt do it, but the dream really followed me..
Munchkin is offline   Reply With Quote