The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 11-28-2005, 09:25 AM   #16
barefoot serpent
go ahead, abbrev. it

the ol' bait & switch
barefoot serpent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 10:24 AM   #17
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I can't join internet dating sites as I have no plastic

Every now & then I join the free trial period & then get frustrated when I can't make the first move - I have to include a carefully worded hint about my hotmail address & then find my inbox fills up with mails from men I am not interested in.

Its a toughie. I know that if I had seen an internet dating profile of the last 3 men I was involved with, I wouldn't have been in the slightest bit interested. But because I met them & was in their company for a while, I fell head over heels in lust (can't say love - it didn't last).

Online I judge a man too much on how he expresses himself in writing and on his picture. I'm sure there are wonderful, witty, intelligent, articulate men who don't really do themselves any favours on email. And personally I don't give a fig about looks in real life (even if its a really big fig, and I'm really hungry).

Still, at least this has reminded me to check all the sites I previously logged onto to check my profiles are disabled!

Good luck & keep us up to date. And if you are contacted by anyone interested in a long distance relationship feel free to pass on my details
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 05:34 PM   #18
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae Girl
I can't join internet dating sites as I have no plastic
But a lot of guys (read me), prefer real breasts.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:04 AM   #19
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Ah well in that case.....
(me at my best friend's wedding)
Attached Images

Old 11-29-2005, 09:25 AM   #20
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Sundae Girl, that hat is soooooo cute! Honey, you look like Di! (If Di had had a rack, that is!)
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 09:36 AM   #21
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

I'd just like to point out that Jacquelita and I did hook up online (how else am I going to get that done?) And we are still at it, so the online process was very successful for us.

We both did go through various unsuccessful dates... both of us turned down other online people, and got turned down by other online people, before meeting each other.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 08:25 PM   #22
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Ah well in that case.....
(me at my best friend's wedding)
Uh...er....nice watch.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:48 PM   #23
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

SG, dear...I don't know if you noticed this or not, but your best friend looks like she wishes she had your balcony, at least for her wedding day.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:54 AM   #24
itsjulie
Vice-President of Resentment

SG - Great pic! Get some plastic, and the boys will come! A friend of mine is also on the same service, we traded boys last night, like go fish. This guy was too tall for me, gave him to her, she winked at him and they are meeting! Great fun!!!!
Old 11-30-2005, 09:31 AM   #25
barefoot serpent
go ahead, abbrev. it

is that what they mean by revolving credit?

SG: Quelle decolletage!
barefoot serpent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 11:23 AM   #26
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Actually it was a surprise for me on the day.

I bought the dress the day before flying out there (Siena, Italy) and had only tried it on with 1 bra. For the wedding I had packed a Wonderbra... I have had to hide some of the photos from my Mum, who would think it was unseemly!

An aside: I've just been turned down on a new mobile phone contract because I don't have a credit or debit card to make the inital payment. Despite having been with my current supplier for 5 years i.e. an established bill-paying phone user.

The social lives of people without plastic just don't seem to run as smoothly. I expect to be single for the next 20 years years & end up owning 12 cats and ranting about the credit-nazis.......
Old 11-30-2005, 12:05 PM   #27
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
I expect to be single for the next 20 years years & end up owning 12 cats and ranting about the credit-nazis.......
No,no. That's my gig. I called it about five years ago...
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Old 11-30-2005, 12:28 PM   #28
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna
No,no. That's my gig. I called it about five years ago...
Can I at least subscribe? No, damnit I can't use PayPal!
Would it help if I took my socks off too?
Old 11-30-2005, 03:29 PM   #29
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

I think if we slowly start assimilating to the crazy cat-lady lifestyle now, we'll be ahead of the inevitable rush. I'm going to start with my feet and work my way up, hence the 'no socks' thing. Soon, I'll quit with shoes and build impressive callouses up on my feet--till they're nearly hoof-like. Then, I'll quit shaving my legs and start collecting odd sweatshirts and pants from Good Will (Oxfam, for you) to build up my wardrobe. I'm pretty sure I'll need a food-spattered cardigan, too...

—James Barrie

Old 11-30-2005, 05:50 PM   #30
Tonchi
Victim of gravity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna
I think if we slowly start assimilating to the crazy cat-lady lifestyle now, we'll be ahead of the inevitable rush. I'm going to start with my feet and work my way up, hence the 'no socks' thing. Soon, I'll quit with shoes and build impressive callouses up on my feet--till they're nearly hoof-like. Then, I'll quit shaving my legs and start collecting odd sweatshirts and pants from Good Will (Oxfam, for you) to build up my wardrobe. I'm pretty sure I'll need a food-spattered cardigan, too...
Hey, it works for me...