The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-29-2007, 08:38 PM   #24
minnmirman
noob

I'm not at all familiar with the policies of my country concerning immigration, so There's no way that I can comment on that.

As far as "Your assumption is that withdrawal is a cut and run out this month." goes, I'm not that naive. I know firsthand what it would take to clear all of our troops and equipment out of the country, but as (during that time) our efforts wold cease to focus on the rebuilding of the country and instead on us leaving, the length of time it would take seems negligible.

Al qaeda is not an organization of all colors who often hate each other. It is an international extremist group of Sunni militants. They are a very small percentage of the general population. The path that we seem to be taking in Iraq right now is to turn the general populace against these extremists. Whether or not its working on a larger scale I do not know. I do know that in the sector my Company will be covering when I go there are more than 6000 sunni....I guess the word would be vigilantes who were anti American but are now patrolling their neighborhoods and informing the military. I believe this shows that the plan is working (no matter how late or on what a trivial or small scale its on).

On a different note, Ive been seeing growing similarities in the publics call for (virtually) isolationism today and that which formed the policies after WWI which kept us out of WWII for so long.
minnmirman is offline   Reply With Quote