The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 08-25-2020, 02:27 PM   #46
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Damage apparently was done weeks ago. I first noticed this about six weeks ago. My magazine, that ALWAYS arrived on Saturday, started arriving on Mondays or Wednesdays. Only in the past six weeks. One issue never arrived.

I mailed a first class letter to Madison Ave NYC on 10 Aug. It just arrived on 23 Aug. Letters to NYC were delivered in two days. What changed in these last six weeks?

Postmaster General (a strong Trump supporter) said he will not make any changes until after November. He need not. Changes he would need to obstruct mail-in balloting (what Trump said he wants done) has apparently been mplemented. Postmaster General need not make any changes. It was already done.

One neighbor requested a mail in ballot weeks ago. It had not arrived. They told him to call back if it still had not arrived next week.

On two occasions this past six months, no mail delivery happened for anyone in my neighborhood.

He need not make any changes. Changes that may obstruct mail-in balloting apparently have been implemented.

And then this reality. Anything that does not prove Trump as innocent means he is guilty. Trump's entire life has been about corruption. Even his sister says so. Says Trump has no ethics and no morals. He had none even as a kid.

Says so much about the integrity of some here who still praise Trump.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 11:44 PM   #47
Urbane Guerrilla
Person who doesn't update the user title

Ooo! Ooo! Damage, damage -- some where there must surely be damage!! Because the Bad Orange Man is Bad! And, and, Orange!

Damage is distinctly unspecified, therefore indistinct as hell. Not impressed.

And really, DJT is more an Annoying Orange -- annoying to some; he certainly annoys the piggies in their starched white shirts, stirring up the dirt. He doesn't annoy me. But the piggies, yeah -- they get their collective tail in a twist.

Recall The Annoying Orange came through the Republican primary owing absolutely nothing to anyone. The money he spent was all his own. The piggies, it appears, can't stand it.
Old 08-26-2020, 07:23 AM   #48
tw

Can somebody translate that into English? Why is Anita Bryant relevant?
Old 08-27-2020, 01:38 PM   #49
Urbane Guerrilla

Let's see... tw is making a rather lame pun! -- lamed by its long stretch. And, tw being tw, he leaves an impression he can't distinguish between Anita Bryant and an eponym of a webcomic.
Old 08-27-2020, 03:08 PM   #50
tw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbane Guerrilla View Post
Let's see... tw is making a rather lame pun! -- lamed by its long stretch.
If it wasn't true, then UG would show us how. He cannot. So he attacks the messenger rather that address an ironic similarity.
Old 08-28-2020, 12:18 AM   #51
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Recall The Annoying Orange came through the Republican primary owing absolutely nothing to anyone. The money he spent was all his own. The piggies, it appears, can't stand it.
What primary?
Old 08-28-2020, 06:27 AM   #52
Griff
still says videotape

The current view from the right would seem to be:
Trump > Party > Country
Old 08-28-2020, 11:33 AM   #53
fargon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
Trump > Party > Country
I used to be a Republican, and I'm still very conservative. But I have disliked the Donald since I saw him on Dick Cavett or some such back in '79. The people that call themselves republican these days they are all rich guys that want to make things better for themselves instead for everyone. It started with the Tea Party and got worse, no compromise, very little dialog. I am personally tired of the political Bull Shit right now, and it's time we took action.

Term Limit the Bastards!!!
Heavily medicated for the good of mankind.
fargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 11:44 AM   #54
Griff
still says videotape

Guys like Rubio tried to start a conversation about how conservatives could help the economy serve everyone. Naturally the voters, who've been taught to hate intellectuals, chose the grifter and here we are.
Old 08-29-2020, 12:12 AM   #55
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Term limits? Sure just tell your congress critter to pass a law that would force him/her to go back to work.

Quote:
At the Constitutional Convention, Ben Franklin stated his belief that public servants should not be paid a salary, for in paying the civil service, our government would not be made of "the wise and the moderate ... the men fittest for the trust" but instead by "the bold and the violent, the men of strong passions.
Old 08-29-2020, 12:34 AM   #56
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Now they are supposed to know who lives at every address.
Attached Images

Old 08-31-2020, 03:00 PM   #57
Urbane Guerrilla

Quote:
Trump > Party > Country
Grossly incorrect perception, Griff. And what's worse, one too eagerly sought for by the anticapitalists and antipatriots. The Country, to borrow your capitalization, is the first concern -- there are people who don't want you to get that.

The era of a Trump Administration will last a maximum of eight years. After that time, civil rights and liberties must be defended by Trump's successors and supporters, since his detractors support neither. The Black, Living Marxists must be discredited, defunded, disemboweled and vigorously defamed in all quarters, particularly in academe, to finish off their threat to the economy, free speech, and all other liberties.

Last edited by Urbane Guerrilla; 08-31-2020 at 03:36 PM.
Urbane Guerrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 03:09 PM   #58
Urbane Guerrilla

Quote:
Naturally the voters, who've been taught to hate intellectuals, chose the grifter and here we are.
Funnily enough, in 2016, the vote rejected the Great Griftess, who has her entire adult life been in it for the money, from cattle futures on forward -- as much money as can be stuffed into the Clinton Foundation. That's the second bullet this free Republic has dodged in sixteen years, fired from the Democratic side of the aisle, as was the first.

xoxoxoBruce, I had reference to the 2016 Republican primary. Would there have been any other with the owes-nobody-anything property? Your uncertainty was puzzling.

Last edited by Urbane Guerrilla; 08-31-2020 at 03:39 PM.
Urbane Guerrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 11:35 PM   #59
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I was checking to see if I had missed that claim this year.
Yes, he did gamble a small portion of the money he'd stolen on winning the primary.
However I've read that while technically true it isn't exactly honest because when he got the nomination he paid himself back for his investment out of donations.
But looking at the other 20,000 lies it's a minor point.
Old 09-01-2020, 12:55 PM   #60
Luce
Weaponized Funk

Quote:
Ooo! Ooo! Damage, damage -- some where there must surely be damage!! Because the Bad Orange Man is Bad! And, and, Orange!

Damage is distinctly unspecified, therefore indistinct as hell. Not impressed.

And really, DJT is more an Annoying Orange -- annoying to some; he certainly annoys the piggies in their starched white shirts, stirring up the dirt. He doesn't annoy me. But the piggies, yeah -- they get their collective tail in a twist.

Can you try that again"? It was absolute gibberish.