The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Cellar-related > Cellar Meta
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Cellar Meta Users, threads, etiquette, posting, usage, forums, why this place matters or doesn't

Old 12-11-2003, 04:05 PM   #121
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Exactly. My feeling is this:

You do not have the right not to be offended. You have the ability.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 05:53 PM   #122
insoluble
developmentally disabled rear end headwear

Quote:
Originally posted by LUVBUGZ
From a bystanders position, such as yours, I would agree with you HP, but given 99's past commentary to and about me I'm quite sure it was meant as a hurtful remark. Now, not to over analyze this, but if 99 had chosen to refer the reader to def. 8 and based her commentary solely on that, I would definitely not have take such offense, but she remarks about me discussing my CUNT (which is a highly offensive word to a woman, IMO) yet if you read def. 8 it has nothing to do with CUNTS.

Granted, this may have not been what 99 meant by her remarks, but this is how I took them. And if she in no way meant to offend me, then she will in no way be offended by me reply. Either way, it's all good. As far as my emotional skin, I think I'm up to a wet Brawny paper towel strength, well past those "other" brands.
So you go away for a while and expect everyone to forget about your prior transgressions - so how about DROPPING THE PAST - especially if that is what you are asking for from others.
insoluble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 11:15 PM   #123
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally posted by juju
What's wrong with being called a cunt? I love cunts!
It's like the difference between having a dick, and being called a dick, juju, only worse.

Way worse.

Point of technical fact, you love pussy (unless I am misjudging you, and I don't think I am in this instance).

There is a difference, in terms of the connotation.

Cunts have higher mileage. With a variety of drivers, so to speak.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 11:17 PM   #124
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I also perceived 99's commentary as an attempt to be helpful.

(and, as to be expected, funny as shit.)

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 12:35 AM   #125
juju
no one of consequence

I'd say they're pretty different. If someone calls you a dick, that means you're being a jerk. That might well be a valid criticism, in which case I may try not to be that way.

But the word "cunt" seems to serve no purpose except as a button to press in people. Why provide the button? It's pointless. It's just a word.

But yes, I know what you mean.
juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 03:39 AM   #126
LUVBUGZ
Not aging gracefully.

Quote:
Originally posted by insoluble
So you go away for a while and expect everyone to forget about your prior transgressions - so how about DROPPING THE PAST - especially if that is what you are asking for from others.
I don't "expect" everyone to forget "my" prior transgressions, as you put it, in which case they have no right to "expect" me to forget "theirs". You see, while I admit to having overreacted at times and hence becoming very defensive, I was NOT the only player in the game. I have attempted to apologize for my part in the never ending flame wars and tried to move past that, but those who engaged in such activities with me will not accept that, nor will they even admit to any wrongdoing on their parts, so at this point in time no matter what I do or say it has been made apparent to me that those efforts are in vain.

So while I would like to DROP THE PAST, it seems highly unlikely that anyone will. Opinions have been made about me and seem to be set in stone. All I can do is continue to try and change these opinions, but I must also say that as long as I am "attacked" by others I will defend myself. I will not sit on my hands and let others call me ignorant, hypocritical, stupid, retarded, etc. when I am not. Yeah, I know at times we have *all* been one or more of these things, but that's to be expected.....we are all human after all, but just because I disagree with someone or have a different opinion on something or someone does not automatically make me stupid or ignorant, etc.

Mama Loves You Baby Girl ~ May You Rest In Peace
LUVBUGZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 01:10 PM   #127
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

I would like to note here that I feel that 99's post was not meant as a "gentle jab", but insultive. Not only the reference to def 8 but the use of the "c" word, which has always been and will always be offensive to me.

I think many would agree, that in the "book of namecalling", the "c" word is probably in the top 10 most offensive. This, I feel, is exactly why 99 chose it. A "jab" might be bitch or dumbshit.

And as far as papertowel skin goes, even leather can be cut with a knife.
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 02:21 PM   #128
juju
no one of consequence

Quote:
which has always been and will always be offensive to me.
Don't you think that's a little closed-minded? I mean, I realize you feel strongly about it, but I just think you'd be a stronger person if you'd just not let it bother you.

Why are so many women so sensitive and lacking in self-confidence?
juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 02:26 PM   #129
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

If you can be hurt by the mere mention of a word, you should probably avoid reading.

My actual feelings on the topic are not as flip as this simple statement
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 02:27 PM   #130
FileNotFound
Intouch with his inner sheep rider.

Because people raise them this way.

Boys are taught not to cry and not to take insults seriously.

Girls...are not.
FileNotFound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 03:38 PM   #131
hot_pastrami
I am meaty

Quote:
Originally posted by OnyxCougar
I think many would agree, that in the "book of namecalling", the "c" word is probably in the top 10 most offensive. This, I feel, is exactly why 99 chose it. A "jab" might be bitch or dumbshit.
Well, 99 didn't call LUVBUGZ a cunt, she made a joke which included the word "cunt." HUGE diffrerence between "She is a cunt" and "I wish she's stop constantly talking about her cunt."
Quote:
Originally posted by OnyxCougar
And as far as papertowel skin goes, even leather can be cut with a knife.
Poetic... but personally, when I am not wielding my knife as a weapon, I have little sympathy for someone who chooses to fling themselves into it. Someone who takes offense when it is not intended is a fool. Someone who takes offense when it is intended is seven times a fool.
Old 12-12-2003, 04:09 PM   #132
99 44/100% pure
Infrequently Astonished

Thank you.
Old 12-12-2003, 05:18 PM   #133
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally posted by FileNotFound
Because people raise them this way.

Boys are taught not to cry and not to take insults seriously.

Girls...are not.
In some cultures boys are taught to kill people that insult them. Girls take insults and perceived insults seriously.
Old 12-12-2003, 06:36 PM   #134
ladysycamore
"I may not always be perfect, but I'm always me."

Quote:
Originally posted by juju
I'd say they're pretty different. If someone calls you a dick, that means you're being a jerk. That might well be a valid criticism, in which case I may try not to be that way.

But the word "cunt" seems to serve no purpose except as a button to press in people. Why provide the button? It's pointless. It's just a word.

But yes, I know what you mean.
But then that would have to apply for EVERY word that someone would take offense to, including "dick" (or being called one).

I've always believed that everyone has a button to push. It may take a while with some, but it's there.

"The Akan concept of Sankofa: In order to move forward we first have to take a step back. In other words, before we can be prepared for the future, we must comprehend the past." From "We Did It, They Hid It"
ladysycamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 08:46 PM   #135
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

I saw a sign today that pretty much says it all ,

Argueing with a trucker is like wrestling with a pig in mud , eventualy you figuer out they like mud .

Please for the love of god drop this sorry ass conversation !!!

UT please consider blowing this whole fucked up thread off the cellar . I am gettign sick of seeing LB and every body else argue about FUCKING NOTHING !!!!!!!!!!!

LB is a psyco !!
FNF is an ass !!!!

Who hasn't figuered this out yet ????