The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 11-21-2001, 05:18 PM   #1
FreeYourself
Pithy Euphemist

Hey All!

Alrighty, I just found this site while surfin around on this kickass searchengine (dmoz.org). I've been looking for a place to talk with people about.....whatever! I think i found it.

I am from ontario, canada and play many instruments from hand drums to panflute to dijeridu to guitar. I love outdoors and adventures. Soon enough I'll be outta here and out west livin as a squater chillin with people of all sorts, until then I hope to meet some new crazycool people here. tata!

~FreeYourself
FreeYourself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2001, 06:39 PM   #2
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

I dunno...you sound a bit *too* excited about being a squatter.

Welcome aboard...
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2001, 07:14 PM   #3
MaggieL
in the Hour of Scampering

Quote:
Originally posted by sycamore
I dunno...you sound a bit *too* excited about being a squatter.
If his idea of "out west" is British Columbia, while he's squatting I think "chilling" will be about all he'll be doing; it's getting to be winter time.

MaggieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2001, 08:47 AM   #4
FreeYourself
Pithy Euphemist

re:

Common people. Have a sense of adventure.
Wilderness Survival Courses would definetly come into play here.

-gotta think outside the system...

~FreeYourself

~FreeYourself
Old 11-24-2001, 09:09 AM   #5
juju
no one of consequence

<br>
Dmoz.org isn't really a search engine. It's a human-edited directory. That's what makes it so good. :]
<br>
juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2001, 09:09 PM   #6
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Re: re:

Quote:
Originally posted by FreeYourself
Common people.
I am FAR from common, thank you.

Quote:
Have a sense of adventure.
Wilderness Survival Courses would definetly come into play here.

-gotta think outside the system...
I did plenty of wilderness survival in Boy Scouts...those days are long gone.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2001, 11:48 PM   #7
jaguar
whig

BUt we're a cynical bunch today..
What style guitar you play matey?
Old 11-25-2001, 08:19 PM   #8
FreeYourself
Pithy Euphemist

guitar

PS: Common = Come on,
(sorry)

Hmm, I play in a pretty heavy band where I play a lot of metal style guitar buy I try to mix in everything. I play guitar in a reggae band with a couple of my buddies. Those sesions are always fun. I also play acousit guitar and even do some singin as well. It's more folk style influenced mostly by Ani Difranco I'm sure.

I also play the didjeridu and hand drums. Is there anyone else out there who shares these same interests?

~FreeYourself
Old 11-27-2001, 08:39 PM   #9
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Re: guitar

Quote:

I also play the didjeridu and hand drums. Is there anyone else out there who shares these same interests?
I've tried to play didjeridu ... haven't had the courage to buy one yet. I can make a reasonably good squawking sound out of one, but that's about it. Loud musical (or semi musical) instruments are discouraged in my apartment complex ...

I do have a collection of frame drums, tho ... (anything past 2 is a collection right?) I have 5 or so (I lost count) including an All One Tribe frame drum and two that were painted by Shari Kestenbaum (you may have seen her gorgeous work at the PA Renfaire) that are absolutely beautiful (big Tigress and a tiny little wolf-drum). there's also a boudhrain sitting in my bedroom that I need to learn to play ... I've got several flutes (native american courting flute and a chinese bamboo flute) and two recorders (soprano and tenor) that I don't play much (trying to fit things in around all my other activities and work gets a little hairy sometimes)

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2001, 07:43 PM   #10
meph
Aggregate Aggravator

Re: guitar

Quote:
PS: Common = Come on,
(sorry)

Hmm, I play in a pretty heavy band where I play a lot of metal style guitar buy I try to mix in everything. I play guitar in a reggae band with a couple of my buddies. Those sesions are always fun. I also play acousit guitar and even do some singin as well. It's more folk style influenced mostly by Ani Difranco I'm sure.

I used to groove watching a guy who played a Chapman Stick in Balboa Park in SD and I was also interested in picking up a Warr Touch Guitar. I've done neither as yet but I was wondering about your take on both those instruments. I like both but I'd like your opinion on which you would prefer and why. I don't want to try to screw around with both if I can get some cogent opinions on one or the other. The stores in Cowtown suck for selection for esoteric instruments and I just got some sales babble. I welcome replies from others, of course.
Kevin.
meph is offline   Reply With Quote