The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Food and Drink
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Food and Drink Essential to sustain life; near the top of the hierarchy of needs

Old 11-21-2005, 08:06 PM   #16
dar512
dar512 is now Pete Zicato

My sister-in-law got really smashed on screwdrivers when she was 20. It was yeeears before she could drink orange juice. I think it's kind of a conditioning thing.
Old 11-22-2005, 01:07 AM   #17
wolf
lobber of scimitars

My "I got violently ill and can't touch it anymore" is Canadian Mist.

Actually, I think I can't touch it anymore because once I got out of college and had access to this stuff called money, I started buying Single Malt Scotch and was able to forsake the hell that is often blended whiskey.

Oh, and there was an incident involving grain punch, but I was a freshman.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 04:42 AM   #18
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

My "wouldn't drink it if it was the last drink in the world" is gin. The first time I ever got drunk was at a friend's 17th birthday party. We played a stupid drinking game with a pint of gin & I got stupider than anyone else.

I spent the last half of the party sat in the garden drinking water because I got on well with my friend's Mum and was mortified by the idea of being sick in her house.

The smell no longer makes me heave, but I still wouldn't be comfortable drinking it.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 08:18 AM   #19
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Like BigV, I, too, am woozy at the thought of Jack Daniels. Or, Johnny Walker. Ugh. After drinking either I would feel like a Mac truck had smashed into my forehead. Oh, the pain! Long, looooooong ago I learned to drink vodka and stuck with that for years. The only gin worth drinking is Sapphire, IMO. Plus, pretty bottle.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 05:59 PM   #20
bookbuyer
Brand Spankin New Member

Jager was my shot for years. It does taste like cough medicine, but it has a real "holy good God" kick to it a half hour later. The rumor is it has the same ingredient that makes morphine or heroin or something.

To keep with the hijack, my "will never drink again" story has the word 'vodka' in it...
bookbuyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 06:19 PM   #21
seakdivers
Icy Queen

My "never drink again" is Jack Daniels. I can't even eat food with the Jack Daniels BBQ sauce on it because the thought of JD makes my stomach turn.
I probably wouldn't drink tequila again either.
seakdivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 02:40 AM   #22
Urbane Guerrilla
Person who doesn't update the user title

That's following the more acrobatic model of the classic Boilermaker: a shotglass of whiskey, inside a large beer.
Old 01-01-2006, 02:49 AM   #23
Urbane Guerrilla
Person who doesn't update the user title

I've gotten puking drunk on bourbon and its liqueur derivative, Southern Comfort -- which is still pretty good either as fruitcake soak or over vanilla ice cream. The gin I like best is Tanqueray, which really smells of juniper berries and goes just fine with tonic water. I've managed not to drink malt Scotch so imprudently as the bourbon, and whisky sauces are known to Scottish cuisine.

Bad whiskey, however, is indeed no fun. When traveling to Thailand, avoid that burner fuel called Mekong brand whiskey. I learned a life lesson in my encounter with that no-cask-time stuff: never drink anything that only gets a lukewarm recommendation from an Australian infantryman!
Old 01-06-2006, 04:56 PM   #24
WabUfvot5
Operations Operative

Ahh, Jager. My first hard alcohol. My roommate kept it in the freezer and a shot was cold and went down without being too disconcerting. Tasted like licorice and then made its icy presence known in your stomach. Next think you know you're feeling pretty good and that shot was just like candy. That's how it was for me at least.
WabUfvot5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 08:53 PM   #25
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Once again, I can't explain it, but I can say that 4 shots of Jagermeister makes the Schoolhouse Rock DVD quite an interesting experience. Miss Dallas must think I'm off on a trip with Interplanet Janet!
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 02:07 AM   #26
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Do you get real sad and weepy during the opening parts of "I'm Only a Bill?"

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 07:47 AM   #27
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Can't say that I do . . .
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 09:25 PM   #28
laebedahs
Abecedarian

Yes, I know I'm replying to an old post, however...

yes, while you could mix Red Bull and Jager directly, it doesn't taste the same. The thing with Jager Bombs is you get a lot of Red Bull with a little Jager then the rest is Jager. It helps it go down easier.
laebedahs is offline   Reply With Quote