The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 11-27-2001, 07:21 PM   #46
meph
Aggregate Aggravator

Quote:
Originally posted by Undertoad
DAMN, dude! Welcome! Talk about goin' back... how'd you even think to check the address?
I was here a few years back when I lived in SD, I left this computer with this URL bookmarked and just happened to be weeding out stuff that no longer exists and spotted it. I did have an account *then*. Either you weed out people who no longer stop in after a certain time or when you redid the place you bumped me.
meph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2001, 08:25 PM   #47
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Re: Explain Yourself!

Quote:
Originally posted by Hubris Boy
I'd love to know the stories behind the names that Cellar Dwellars use here.
The cellar was my first foray into online communications.

(I found the number for the BBS in Delaware Valley Computer User and thought, "why the heck not.")

I was confronted with that blinking cursor that was prompting me to enter my login name.

Now, I could have chosen a lot of different things.

Looking back I'm still surprised my name wasn't Wumpus ...

but anyway ...

I just up and typed "wolf"

as in SilverWolf

Which was a recurrent dream image ...

It's also my name.

Well, one of them.

But it _is_ my cool Cellar name ...

and ultimately became my first login name for the 'net.

So maybe it's not as much of a story as some of the other folks here, but it's mine.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2001, 08:38 AM   #48
BrianR
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

DUDE!

Welcome back CH! I was beginning to forget you.

I hope you stick around this time. I've missed your opinions on various topics.

Brian (KM)
BrianR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2001, 02:02 PM   #49
MaggieL
in the Hour of Scampering

Re: DUDE!

Quote:
Originally posted by BrianR
Brian (KM)
OhmiGHOD! Keymaster?!
Still crazy after all these years...

MaggieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2001, 02:22 PM   #50
dave

Re: Myinvisible nick

Quote:
Only those who remember me from the "old days" remember the nick I used to use. Keymaster.

Even though I retired that name years ago, I still hear it now and then from old friends and I will post it's genesis one more time for those who don't know/remember whence it came.

In my computer infancy (1984 or so), I was looking for a handle that wasn't like all the others (famous personalities, comic book characters, etc) and was a bit original. So I decided on Keymaster. As in Master of Keys. Follow that thought a little and you get Master of Keyboards or Master of computers. Simple, no?

Then along came Ghostbusters. I haven't lived that down even yet. And me without even copyright protection to sue under.

I just made lemonade out of that particular lemon and went on with my pitiful excuse for a life.

Please keep the name reverently in KAOS g-files and don't profane the bandwidth with it.

Brian

Heh. Guess you missed that one
Old 11-29-2001, 07:30 PM   #51
meph
Aggregate Aggravator

Re: DUDE!

Quote:
Welcome back CH! I was beginning to forget you.

I hope you stick around this time. I've missed your opinions on various topics.

Brian (KM)
I'll pop in from time to time, I guess I should have popped in after the Cowturds got their asses kicked by the Beagles. That's something I miss, the Philly fans. Most of the places (like sports bars) in the area of Dallas I live in are anything but Dallas fans, there's a Bronco group, a Packers group and a few others. No Eagles or Cowboys groups I've run across. When I was living in SD, I didn't notice many fans for the Chargers fans either, go figure.

I will confess that the one thing I loved and miss about SD was the skybox at Qualcomm stadium, I got tickets twice a year because I worked for the Padres owner.

Other than missing Taylors pork roll (I could get that in SD at 8 bucks a pound!), I get all my Philly favorites here in Dallas. Birch beer and Tastykakes are available across the street (literally) and I certainly don't miss scrapple. I sure don't miss the 4.94% Philly wage tax.
There's a killer place for pizza about a mile away, but every other place I've tried here in Cowtown *sucks*. SD was the same deal, only a place called Bronx Pizza had good pie. Believe it or not, Pizza Slut was called the best pizza in SD the last few years.

For the few who have wondered what I've been doing the last 6 years or so:
I've been a consultant/contractor in Boston, NY, LI, TX, and CA and finally got nuked out of my last job by those wonderful people who brought you the WTC bombing/collision. I've taken "advantage" of this to get some of the stuff I should have done finally accomplished.
I'll be popping back every once in a while, so DIE LAMERZZZ!!!!.
Kevin.
meph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2001, 12:45 AM   #52
jennofay
..the small and meek.

jenno = jenni (my name) with a typo... happened about two or so years back, and it just kinda stuck as a nickname

fay = fairy. i like fairies.

and thats that.

jennofay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2001, 10:24 PM   #53
matt
At last! A dead star!

m = matt(hew), my first name
mesker = last name

So m + mesker = mmesker. Or mm(m) esker... *drools*

Do I win the award for least creative? Actually, I usually masquerade as bluemysteryboy (on AIM and such), but I was feeling honest when I registered here a few days ago. :P
matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 09:48 AM   #54
dave

'tw' is just his initials. Undertoad used to be "Tony Shepps", which is just his real name. We've already been over mine though. But it's not creative either.