The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Cities and Travel
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Cities and Travel Tell us about where you are; tell us about where you want to be

Old 06-27-2004, 12:14 PM   #16
perth
Strong Silent Type

Quote:
Originally posted by sycamore

Ah, I see. Now, let's talk about what happened to the original inhabitants of the state...

Hey, shaddap! None of this pot/kettle/black stuff from you.

One thing I will say for Colorado, we have some damn fine microbreweries.
perth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 04:21 PM   #17
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

And 3.2 beer.
Old 07-05-2004, 02:15 PM   #18
marichiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf
Park City. I looked it up.

I became confused by the South Park episode.

But the statement stands otherwise ... what had been a perfectly good state has gotten an influx of liberals who no longer just ski and leave. They stay, and have, from what I understand, changed the character of the state.
I only just now noticed this thread due to the new format. Wolf, I'm afraid you are working under some misapprehension regarding the political make-up of Colorado. It remains a very conservative state except for a few small enclaves like, Boulder, home of the University of Colorado; and possibly one or two ski towns, Aspen being the most notable example. Places like Aspen and Telluride and the rest have very small numbers of year 'round residents, so they do little to counteract the largely Republican make-up of big population centers like Colorado Springs or the extremely conservative element of ranchers and farmers who live in rural Colorado outside the glitzy ski resorts. We liberals here in Colorado form a small and beleagured group. Our govener is Republican, the majority of the state legislature is Republican and the Colorado Congressional delegation is mostly Republican. I think you are mixing up Colorado with some other state.

As far as Blue's question regarding, Lowery: I used to go there with my Dad when he was still with the military. Since that time the base has been down-graded to the vanishing point, and I believe it no longer has any official existance.