The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 03-30-2004, 09:41 AM   #31
Troubleshooter
The urban Jane Goodall

Quote:
Originally posted by SteveDallas

There's always the shower scene.
That's true, Dinah Myer is hot, even if she does have fried egg boobs.
Old 03-30-2004, 09:51 AM   #32
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Actually, if you watch the movie as if it were a propaganda film made by the government in the universe portrayed, it is actually pretty creepy.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 09:54 AM   #33
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

I'd ask you point blank if you were running from the law. If so, I'd ask why. If I liked the reason, I'd look left, look right, let you in and tell you how to get far from here in short order. If I didn't like the reason or if I smelled a rat (i.e., you "accidentally in self-defense" killed someone), I would send you packing and probably contact the authorities.

If it turned out that you weren't running from the law, I'd be pretty helpful but, honestly, with a family, I wouldn't let you stay at my house but would help you get decent food and decent shelter (i.e., not the homeless shelter).

And I would ask you not to bleed on my carpet
Old 03-30-2004, 10:58 AM   #34
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally posted by Troubleshooter

That's true, Dinah Myer is hot, even if she does have fried egg boobs.
Do I wanna know what Fried Egg Boobs are?
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 11:10 AM   #35
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

Originally posted by OnyxCougar
Quote:
Do I wanna know what Fried Egg Boobs are?
They have the same vertical profile.
Old 03-30-2004, 11:24 AM   #36
smoothmoniker
to live and die in LA

I'd have to really think about that.

I don't think I'd let you stay at the house, but I would probably help you make other arrangments, i.e. pay for a night at a hotel, etc.

It's funny, but I'd feel much more comfortable helping out with cash than opening up my home to someone I don't know. Mainly because I'd have to spend 3 hours explaining to you how the wife's antique collections are arranged, why they are not to be touched, and which pillows are for using and which ones are for decoration.

-s[captiveinhisownhome]m
smoothmoniker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 01:17 PM   #37
dar512
dar512 is now Pete Zicato

I first heard this joke from a little old man at a jewelry store where I worked (a long time ago -- when I was young). The guy was older than Moses. Reminded me of the really old guy in the Tim Conway routine -- even had the shuffle.

----

A man goes into the lingerie department and the lady behind the counter asks if she can be of assistance. The man says yes, he'd like to buy his wife a pretty bra for their anniversary, but is not sure of her bra size.

So the women tries to ask him questions to figure it out.

"Are her breasts as big as cantaloupes?"

"No", says the man. "They're smaller than that."

"Are her breasts as big as grapefruit?"

"Are they as big as oranges?"

"Well, are they as big as eggs?"

The man's face lights up. "Yes", he says. "Fried."
dar512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 12:41 PM   #38
ladysycamore
"I may not always be perfect, but I'm always me."

Quote:
Originally posted by Undertoad
"OK, listen; from time to time somebody goes nuts and makes more of me that they're supposed to, because I appear to run the place. Nothing pisses me off worse. I don't know why you picked me but I gotta assume that's why. And I gotta admit, I think that's very fucked up.

"On the other hand, sure maybe you didn't have anywhere else to go. OK, here's what we'll do. Tonight, you can stay at the Hampden Inn on me. Tomorrow, you come back here, I'll make you some eggs and we can start a thread on this. I'm pretty sure if you really need help, we can figure this out."
I like!

Let's put it this way: for someone that I know (family, close friends), I wouldn't have that big of a problem in trying to work something out (and hope to God that they won't fuck me over in the long run).

For someone that I didn't know, I'd have to take precaution. If I don't know you from a hole in the ground (regardless of being on The Cellar), then we may have a problem (at least on my end...Syc may feel different).

And that's my honest answer.

"The Akan concept of Sankofa: In order to move forward we first have to take a step back. In other words, before we can be prepared for the future, we must comprehend the past." From "We Did It, They Hid It"
ladysycamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 04:03 AM   #39
Sun_Sparkz
Has Body Temperature

So if i just said "fuck it" and brought that $1499 ticket to new york and brought some old car once i got there and drove round to visit you all at leats i know now i have your support. so watch out.

Ive always had an affection for the ol US of A anyway. i never fell into the predictable "europe" trap that every other aussie fell into.

ive broken up with my partner. ive nothing else to dag around here for - fuck it - im coming to stay at your place (only for a couple a days...)

Im thinking it should take me about 3-4 months to save up to get there. i wanna see it all - i dont care if im sleeping in the back of a car. i wanna see mostly - new york, nashville, texas, kentucky, alabama, go to disneyland, grand canyon, hollywood and do an audition, i wanna go to california and lay on the sand, all the best nightclubbs, down the bottom there near jamaica, all of it!
Old 02-12-2007, 04:15 AM   #40
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I double dog dare you to set foot in my neighborhood.
Old 02-12-2007, 04:17 AM   #41
Sun_Sparkz
Has Body Temperature

i can handle it!! watch me!!

oh and i wanna see a meatloaf concert while im there too. he neva comes to Aus anymore.
Old 02-12-2007, 04:49 AM   #42
Hippikos
Flocci Non Facio

Quote:
So you're all like "who are you, what do you want?", and I'm all like "It's me, blue58...you know, from the cellar".
Probably you'ld be shot at the doorstep for tresspassing.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:21 AM   #43
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Sparkz View Post
... i wanna see mostly - new york, nashville, texas, kentucky, alabama, go to disneyland, grand canyon, hollywood and do an audition, i wanna go to california and lay on the sand, all the best nightclubbs, down the bottom there near jamaica, all of it!
The best beaches are on the east coast. Nashille, Texas, Kentucky, Alabama are in the "fly over states". They're called that for a reason - just fly over them. Don't miss Philadelphia (where a lot of Cellarites are), Washington, DC, Chicago.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:31 AM   #44
Perry Winkle
Esnohplad Semaj Ton

do it, S_S.

I'm getting in gear to do it on a bike, and camp my way across the U.S.A.
Perry Winkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 09:59 AM   #45
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

yeah, you'll be single for about 2 weeks. then all this will go right out the window. but, just is case you do make it out here, be sure to visit the philly area. we'll leave a light on for you.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote