The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 12-18-2003, 06:32 PM   #61
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally posted by warch

but I will remove my original link cause it wasnt that good.
BOOOOO!
xoxoxoBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2003, 11:14 AM   #62
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I just got the wheel replaced that the beaner/spic/cocksucker/illegal (take your pick) busted up.
It's an aluminum wheel and he peeled the edge back pretty far. Inside the bead where the tire seals against the rim, is a crack the goes almost all the way through the aluminum. But, in 10 days and several hundred miles, it didn't lose any air. It speaks volumes about the quality of this Chrysler wheel. Of course at $600 I could have bought 3 aftermarket wheels.

Last edited by xoxoxoBruce; 04-07-2007 at 06:05 PM.
Old 12-20-2003, 11:34 AM   #63
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

bruce, next time you need a part, call me.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2003, 11:34 AM   #64
Dagney
The Prodigal Brat Returneth

How bout if he needs a piece *WEG*

Love ya Bruce

Dagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2003, 11:36 AM   #65
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

im sure he has several (pieces)

was # 1 your wheel, bruce?
Old 12-20-2003, 11:45 AM   #66
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally posted by lumberjim
bruce, next time you need a part, call me.
I'm maintaining my relationship with the dealer I bought the car from, just in case I have trouble down the road. I let them do every other oil change and anything else that's not too expensive. I threw them this bone because it's on the ins company. Of course the first $500 is on me but it will be close to $3000 by the time it's done. If it was out of my pocket, I have connections and a tax number. But thanks for the offer Jim, I'll keep it mind.

I love you too, Dagney.

Yes #1, 17" chrome/aluminum
Old 12-20-2003, 11:49 AM   #67
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

no problem, 'twould be my pleasure to help.

hey, wanna doodadish ptcruiser keychain?
Old 12-20-2003, 11:59 AM   #68
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Uh....er....no thank you. I use a swiveling universal hand cuff key.

Last edited by xoxoxoBruce; 04-07-2007 at 06:05 PM.
Old 09-11-2005, 07:55 PM   #69
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Well this is the thread where it started,(third post) which I had a hell of a time finding.
Back in early August I got a letter from Lancaster County Juvenile Court informing me the little bastard was finally coming to trial on the 17th. In juvenile court it’s not called a trial but an Adjudication hearing. It said as the victim I’m allowed to attend.
The next day I got a subpoena telling me I had to attend and to contact the victim/witness services first.
So I called and got the low down on where to park, how to get into Juvenile court, and collect witness pay.

At about 4pm on the 16th I got a call from the Police Department making sure I would be there and telling me the witness had been subpoenaed too. Not 10 minutes later the District Attorney’s office calls to tell me the state had withdrawn the case. When I pressed for an explanation, he stonewalled for a bit then said he had to call the police and the witness. I tried not to choke on the smoke coming out of my collar.

I was pissed for 9 days, when I received another letter, exactly the same as the first except the date had been changed to September 6th and no subpoena this time. I figured this was a ploy to not have anyone show up to testify the day after Labor Day so I didn’t tell them I was coming, complete with photographs, (with a paragraph on the back), my letters from my insurance company saying they had not been able to collect from the car owner and a raft of other crap.

On the 6th, as soon as I checked in with the clerk, the victim/witness services dude hustled me into a conference room. I asked him if the cop and witness had shown up and he said no because the kid had changed his plea to guilty at the last minute, the adjudication hearing had been on the 17th and this was the sentencing hearing. I told him about the phone call and showed him my letter….both letters to which he mumbled the second letter and phone call were both mistakes.

OK, so now he asks if I want to address the court to which I declined saying he’s been found guilty and if I open my mouth I’m liable to end up in jail for contempt at this point. He relayed this to the assistant DA and she came to see me, checked out my letters and said “You’ve been screwed all the way around, haven’t you?” She told me the Judge was already pissed that the bastard had stonewalled for almost two years then changed his plea after the courts had spent considerable money preparing the case and subpoenaing everyone. She urged me to speak my piece rather than regretting not doing it down the road.
She said since this was juvenile court, they don’t punish anyone but try to set them straight. She also said the court could order him to pay me but even though they could pressure him they couldn’t make him pay.

Ok, so I go into the courtroom and there he is standing at the rail in handcuffs with two lawyers, his father and his mother or an interpreter. Standing very close behind are three armed deputy sheriffs and by the other door is a K-9 officer and his dog.
Something tells me there is more going on than I know about.
The Judge was reading the kid the riot act about him being 19 now and any probation violation would result in directly to jail without collecting $200.

They called me up and I spoke my piece, telling him that this had caused me a lot of money and aggravation but I realize accidents happen. I am however still angry that this punk didn’t even consider stopping, since his brake lights never went on, and made me chase him for over a mile flashing my lights and blowing my horn before I forced him to stop. He not only dissed me but the laws that the rest of us have to follow. No, I didn’t wave a flag.

The Judge ordered him to pay me my insurance deductible and the court their costs. He asked if the kid could pay $100 a month to which the lawyer replied no because he is unemployed. He did, however promise to pay when he got a job. Yeah sure. Exit stage right

So they validate my parking, thank me profusely and try to get me to sign on for their “Victim/Offender Reconciliation Program.” That’s where they get us together to talk until we hug. I declined because the little bastard still doesn’t speak any English.

The very next day I get a call from the DA’s office saying the kid indicated he was ready to settle his debt to me and the court. Huh? He was calling to verify the amount and my address. It’s like child support in that he pays the court and they pay me….I should expect a check in a month. If it happens, I’ll be surprised. They pitched the program again and I declined again citing his lack of English…again
Old 09-12-2005, 02:25 AM   #70
Tonchi
Victim of gravity

Geez, Bruce! When I read your opening lines I figured that would be the last we heard from you outside the hospital. We don't chase the brown brothers who hit and run here, because the chances are the guy who gets out of the car when you finally catch him is Mara Salvatrucha and you are toast. Hint for future escapades with whoever you think is a beaner or simple wetback: if the guy coming toward you has a 13 or 18 tatooed on his arm it is all over for you, if not now, later when his 10,000 buddies hear about it :P

Another thing that you said got to me, about how the kid had an interpreter furnished by the court. See, that's what I was trained for. Court Interpreter. They told us how desperately they were needed after the business at the OJ trial when nobody could understand the housekeeper who testified. So many answered the call but none were chosen. Why? Because the professional Court Interpreters in Fresno County have to be approved and certified by a State board. And just who is the board? It is all Hispanics, and guess what - they don't like gringos trying to be interpreters. (They don't like Hispanics trying to be interpreters either, but that's a different story.) So none of my graduating class was judged suitable to interpret in court for illegal aliens who at most have a 4th grade education. Meanwhile the court system here is cratering because of the case load, 85% of which is concerning problems that some Mexican got himself into. This did not exist prior to the 90's, but now that 40% of our local population is comprised of "newcomers"..... And the strangest thing yet is that being certified as a Spanish interpreter will get you automatically rejected for jury duty if either or both of the parties are Mexicans.
Old 09-12-2005, 05:27 PM   #71
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Hint for future escapades with whoever you think is a beaner or simple wetback: if the guy coming toward you has a 13 or 18 tatooed on his arm it is all over for you, if not now, later when his 10,000 buddies hear about it :P
You underestimate me.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:03 PM   #72
Tonchi
Victim of gravity

Maybe, but nobody underestimates the Mara Salvatrucha anymore.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:19 PM   #73
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Never heard of him.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:21 PM   #74
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

dayum bruce! just dayum. well, i hope you get your cash......
Old 09-13-2005, 12:10 AM   #75
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I don't think we have much MS-13 up this way yet, although I expect we're on the next planned expansion phase. We do have a fair number of Latin Kings.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote