The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 01-04-2016, 08:48 AM   #1
Snakeadelic
Banned

Toys! :D

Nostalgia toys are always in somewhere, with some age group or region, etc. What kind of awesome toys do you folks have? I've got LOTS. For starters, I seem to have developed a wicked case of Monitor Lizards.

The ones that would fit on my monitor would make a photo way too wide for the margins, so I split 'em in half . Part 1 shows Meltdown Godzilla from Godzilla vs. Destoroyah, complete with a couple of midsize Destoroyahs trying to gnaw on him. The aggregate form of Destoroyah is actually WAY bigger than Goji. Next to him is Creepy Blank-Eyed Goji from Giant Monsters All-Out Attack, the only Japanese-made movie in the franchise in which Goji is 100% evil. Third we have Meltdown Goji again, this time from a different toy set. On the far right is Goji with the Capitol Building, not 100% sure which movie but definitely 60s or 70s release.

Part 2 has Godzilla getting his scaly butt whupped by SpaceGodzilla (whom I refer to as the Douchebag Kaiju, because SG is a jerk). The next one, with the bright red, is also a Meltdown Goji, this time without the bug infestation. Then, from the same set, the very first (ugly as sin) MechaGodzilla from the 60s. On the far right in the BRIGHT green is Milla, aka Junior, who gets rudely murdered by Destoroyah but is resurrected during the end sequence after Daddy Goji melts down and all his weird kaiju spirit energy brings Junior back to life.

In addition, I have all the other kaiju from the toy set Junior, Ugly Mecha, and Red Meltdown are from. Those include Gigan, GINO, and I'm pretty sure Anguirus is in there (the one that looks like a horned-toad lizard had sex with a porcupine). I have a 2-piece set from Final Wars--one of the best Godzilla movies--with cranky Goji and the fighting ship Gotengo (piloted by MMA legend Don Frye for most of the movie). A friend gave me a HUGE Final Wars Godzilla for free because one of his legs is distorted. I also got, this Christmas, Godzilla from Godzilla 2000, the AWESOME movie Toho made 4 years ahead of when they planned to bring Goji out of retirement because GINO went over so badly in Japan. For the record, that's my favorite ever Goji design--I love the moonstone-looking eyes and huge craggy dorsal spines!

And for Christmas levity, I have a cute little village display that the 6" scale plush and vinyl kaiju get to stomp around in. For that I have plush Goji, plush Hedorah the Smog Monster, plush Gidorah, plush Rainbow Mothra, vinyl King Ceesar, and the hard-to-replace vinyl "Kiryu" MechaGodzilla used in Godzilla Against MechaGodzilla and Tokyo SOS. Mine lacks the blue jet-packs and has one hand replaced with a drill weapon. Because his face is intact, we know he's from the beginning of Tokyo SOS due to the fact that Kiryu gets half his face fried off partway through the movie.

Also, hidden in my computer room closet, I have my sweetie's Darth Vader Head action figure carrier, which has three FIRST RUN action figures among the bunch! I also have his action-figure-scale Millennium Falcon, and if he lets me take that when I must very soon move out without him, I WILL find a way to hang the Falcon in my new home because it's the friggin' Millennium Falcon! Somewhere I have a photo of me, age like 7, going bugnuts the year someone got me the Trash Compactor Death Star playset, which sadly I no longer have.

To cap off the roster of creepy critters, I have The Chamberlain from the Dark Crystal on one side of my monitor where he functions as the keeper of a very nice piece of heirloom jewelry I promised my mom would not have to live in a dark little box. On the other side, The Muppets' Uncle Deadly holds my wristwatch so I never have to forget where I put it. Sweetums and glow-in-the-dark Uncle Deadly guard the change jar on the breakfast bar separating our kitchen and living room. I used to watch Muppets when it was still producing new seasons back in the 70s; my parents weren't into me watching stuff they thought was beneath our intelligence, so I grew up on Muppets and Monty Python. Uncle Deadly is the man!...dragon!...ghost!...thing! If you love Muppets and horror movies and want to herniate yourself laughing, one of the very best skits from the first season could not be included on the DVD release due to a music rights issue. You can still find it on YouTube, however...Vincent Price and Uncle Deadly duetting "You've Got a Friend".
Attached Images

Snakeadelic is offline   Reply With Quote