The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 05-29-2017, 01:39 AM   #61
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
An adult would have found a new argument by now.
Children learn by the rote method. Repeating reality is necessary. Eventually you will grasp it - or grow up.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 02:18 AM   #62
Pi
desperate finder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
A grassroots unarmed anti-terrorism movement modeled on similar anti-crime movements could significantly reduce the impact of terrorist attacks.
That link got blocked at work for the following reasons : " Access to the requested website has been blocked because it is currently categorized as: Political/Social Advocacy;Suspicious"

And you shouldn't forget that it is also a money problem. I guess the costs of super surveillance is far too high considering the effect...
I'm always reminded about the first meeting btw Taylor Durden and the Narrator.
And then again : 22 deaths and 64 seriously injured... How many people die in the UK every year because they are neglected or forgotten, because they can't afford the medical care they need, of hunger, of drugs, because due to pressure and greed they can't respect basic security and safety instructions, or just by Murphy's Law, by drunken drivers or crime??? Guess how many children are born everyday already drug addicted because their mother was, how many children are chronically sick because their parents are smoking in their presence, how many children are indoctrinated by conspiracy theorists and bad cartoons, how many children are molested and bullied everyday and turn into monsters later on...
So terrorism was always present and if not then we were fighting wars. I think we are overrating terrorist attacks and should concentrate more on other problems...
Old 05-29-2017, 08:30 AM   #63
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

You almost make it sound as though terrorist attacks are doing the British a favor by culling it's population.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 12:22 PM   #64
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
That link got blocked at work for the following reasons : " Access to the requested website has been blocked because it is currently categorized as: Political/Social Advocacy;Suspicious"

And you shouldn't forget that it is also a money problem. I guess the costs of super surveillance is far too high considering the effect...
I'm always reminded about the first meeting btw Taylor Durden and the Narrator.
And then again : 22 deaths and 64 seriously injured... How many people die in the UK every year because they are neglected or forgotten, because they can't afford the medical care they need, of hunger, of drugs, because due to pressure and greed they can't respect basic security and safety instructions, or just by Murphy's Law, by drunken drivers or crime??? Guess how many children are born everyday already drug addicted because their mother was, how many children are chronically sick because their parents are smoking in their presence, how many children are indoctrinated by conspiracy theorists and bad cartoons, how many children are molested and bullied everyday and turn into monsters later on...
So terrorism was always present and if not then we were fighting wars. I think we are overrating terrorist attacks and should concentrate more on other problems...
You're correct.

I agree with you.

Relative to many other risks, risks I blithely undertake every day, harm or death from terrorism is almost impossibly unlikely.
Old 05-29-2017, 12:44 PM   #65
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

The US had warned the Brits about this guy in January, not just as another suspect but a bad guy with a mission in the works.
Old 05-29-2017, 01:13 PM   #66
sexobon

Well they found a dandy way to get rid of him: let him blow himself up. Now they can devote the resources it would have taken to stop him to other causes. I'm sure the people of Manchester were on board with this luck of the draw approach as to where it might happen. After all, the odds were in their favor.
Old 05-29-2017, 01:31 PM   #67
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

If you're not going to spend the money to fix all the problems, it makes sense to tackle the biggest hazards/killers in the country.
If that means none or little money to thwart terrorists, it won't be long before it climbs to the top of the charts... with a bullet.
Old 05-31-2017, 03:06 PM   #68
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 09:12 PM   #69
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Beeee good to each other!

Very nice, excellent, excellent.
Old 05-31-2017, 11:01 PM   #70
sexobon

Good covfefe.
Old 06-01-2017, 12:32 AM   #71
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

BRITISH independent politician Janice Atkinson has demanded the United Kingdom reintroduce the death penalty — for suicide bombers.
Old 06-02-2017, 08:39 PM   #72
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

That's pretty dumb.
Old 06-02-2017, 09:18 PM   #73
sexobon

Who's going to get a bee tattoo?

Why thousands of people in Manchester are getting bee tattoos

If you do, don't have a crown tattooed over it. People would think you defected to France!
Old 06-03-2017, 07:06 AM   #74
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

A couple of my cousins kids have had them done. Most of my extended family are in and around Manchester.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 12:33 PM   #75
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I was wondering abut those bees.

Now I know.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote