The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 08-17-2010, 02:45 AM   #46
wanderer
Master of the Domain

Everyone needs believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:07 PM   #47
Yznhymr
the crowd goes wild!

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
"The pride system tends to intensify the self-hate against which it is supposed to be a defense, since any failure to live up to one's tyrannical shoulds or of the world to honor one's claims leads to feelings of worthlessness." Bernard J. Paris, Ph.D.
Yznhymr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 06:16 PM   #48
squirell nutkin
has a second hand user title

Not a quote as such, but a line from Peter Gabriel's Mercy Street

"looking down on empty streets, all she can see
are the dreams all made solid
are the dreams all made real

all of the buildings, all of those cars
were once just a dream
in somebody's head"
Old 08-20-2010, 01:23 PM   #49
Cyber Wolf
As stable as a ring of PU-239

Location: On a huge rock covered in water, highly advanced moss and 7 billion parasites
"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

Terry Pratchett, Jingo

"I don't see why it matters what is written. Not when it's about people. It can always be crossed out." ~Adam Young, Good Omens
Cyber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 01:34 PM   #50
blue
Operations Operative

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirell nutkin View Post
I'll have you on your back with your pants around your ankles so fast it will make your head spin.
I laughed way too hard at that
Old 08-21-2010, 01:37 PM   #51
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
If you spot a tornado, always remember to point at it, yell "tornado!", and run like hell.
blue's sig line has always been one of my favorite quotes.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 01:59 PM   #52
blue
Operations Operative

"hurt and bitterness are like acid on the soul, but anger is like fire, burning it clean, so fuck it and fuck you"

~ me, kinda (yeah I have an anger problem lately)
Old 08-23-2010, 11:37 PM   #53
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Quote:
"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers
Old 08-24-2010, 01:11 AM   #54
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

I like that one classic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue View Post
"hurt and bitterness are like acid on the soul, but anger is like fire, burning it clean, so fuck it and fuck you"

~ me, kinda (yeah I have an anger problem lately)
yeah, sometimes enough is enough! Whomever said," What doesn't kill you makes you stronger" is nuts.
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 12:13 PM   #55
Yznhymr
the crowd goes wild!

"There is a level of cowardice lower than that of the conformist: the fashionable non-conformist." - Ayn Rand
"The pride system tends to intensify the self-hate against which it is supposed to be a defense, since any failure to live up to one's tyrannical shoulds or of the world to honor one's claims leads to feelings of worthlessness." Bernard J. Paris, Ph.D.
Old 08-24-2010, 12:38 PM   #56
squirell nutkin
has a second hand user title

"To lose one parent, Mr. Worthing, may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness."

--Wilde
Old 08-27-2010, 04:56 PM   #57
Yznhymr
the crowd goes wild!

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing."

Theodore Roosevelt, 1858 - 1919, 26th President of the United States; historian, naturalist and author; Nobel Prize 1906.
Old 08-28-2010, 03:44 AM   #58
spudcon
Beware of potatoes

"My father told me I could grow up to be anything I wanted to be. I decided to be an asshole." -Unknown
Old 08-31-2010, 11:45 AM   #59
Yznhymr
the crowd goes wild!

"This is business not personal."

The Godfather, an ex-boss, a hooker, a car-salesman, or an asshole at large...take your pick.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:15 AM   #60
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

"Are you a thinking man?"

"Aww, I can get outta the rain."

~"The Lusty Men"

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote