The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 09-10-2004, 11:39 PM   #1
blue
Operations Operative

Have I.....

.....missed anything of worth? And yes, thanks for asking...I am too fucking lazy to look for myself, too many new names...overload......baby steps
Old 09-11-2004, 12:11 AM   #2
Skunks
I thought I changed this.

With most things, the drama seems more significant as it happens than afterwards. There are always people who play things up a bit, as if life isn't entertaining enough as is, but I find those people often are the ones who force or fake most of the emotion in their lives.

So, yeah, you probably missed something of worth; but it was only worthwhile because it was happening then. Retelling it, except for a one-sentence blurb titillating enough to elicit a 'heh' but not enough for a reading of dusty threads, would be a waste. Histories of online communities, even well-established and long-lived ones such as this, are ultimately fairly ephemeral and pointless, best left to the minds of the members.

The inside jokes are better that way, after all.

So, welcome back?
Skunks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 02:18 AM   #3
marichiko

Nah, didn't miss a thing. Same old, same old. LJ's gone though, in case you weren't around for that. I'm his new replacement.
Old 09-11-2004, 02:26 AM   #4
Brigliadore
stays crispy in milk

Holy Shit Mari, I didn't even notice your post count till now. You really are LJ's replacement.

Welcome back Blue. You coming back gives me hope that HP will once again grace us with his presence. He keeps saying he has missed too much to want to come back. Maybe I can convince him to relearn the cellar with you.
Old 09-11-2004, 02:42 AM   #5
jaguar
whig

What happened to LJ? I noticed he stopped posting, I assumed it was just the new job.
Old 09-11-2004, 03:33 AM   #6
marichiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguar
What happened to LJ? I noticed he stopped posting, I assumed it was just the new job.
That's all I meant - gone from the board, not gone from this earth or something unless Jinx has the body stashed in the freezer which I doubt.
Old 09-11-2004, 02:41 PM   #7
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

LJ's having a greed attack.
I imagine he's got his hands full in such a a high profile/pressure job. Trying to perform as expected while covering his ass against the people that are resentful/jealous of an outsider coming into the position they wanted (but probably couldn't handle if they had it). Then trying to maintain a family life, wonder if the job change will be right in retrospect, mow the lawn and spend time with the kids and Jinx.

Of course the biggest reason is he doesn't want to hear about the Dallas Cowgirls getting there ass kicked every week, for the next 4 months.
Old 09-11-2004, 05:46 PM   #8
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Blue! We missed ya, man! What exciting adventures were you up to?
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 06:00 PM   #9
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Dude, I just want to say that if I said anything to tick you off or give you the idea that you shouldn't be here, I didn't mean to at all.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote