Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 11-24-2010, 08:12 PM   #31
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by morethanpretty View Post
nope sky, no matter how you try to pretty it up, accusing her of being the anon poster was an insult. she responded in kind, so and so on. very childish all around. trying to defend the use of any insult such as "dike" and then attacking dani when she called you out on it was extremely uncalled for. you need to learn to admit you're wrong and stfu. altho monnie used insults, they are not of the same disgusting caliber as "dike."
No, I will not stfu just because you say so little girl. I am not wrong. Monster is wrong for going on a rant. I am not going to just stand there and take her insults, which flow freely and often. I am tired seeing it. I know, I know, she is not the same disgusting caliber. Fuck that shit!

Last edited by skysidhe; 11-24-2010 at 08:22 PM.
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 08:38 PM   #32
fo0hzy
Dirty cigarette-smoking lowlife

Quote:
Originally Posted by skysidhe View Post
No, I will not stfu just because you say so little girl. I am not wrong. Monster is wrong for going on a rant. I am not going to just stand there and take her insults, which flow freely and often. I am tired seeing it. I know, I know, she is not the same disgusting caliber. Fuck that shit!
Do it! Take a shit on the stage!!
fo0hzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 08:49 PM   #33
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

more than pretty

Monster will never ever get my consideration or apologies because she never gives those to others. She is free with her insults and rantings so I don't feel bad. I know she is your guy's friend and you overlook her faults and attack who you think the enemy is. I get that

But what I really want to say is in the next paragraph, and I am not going to respond to anyone about this, anymore.

You though, I want to apologize to. You are young and that is a good thing. You are trying to do the right thing and I would feel bad if I damaged you in any way or made you feel bad. Not that I think you aren't made from stronger stuff but I really feel bad for yanking your chain by calling you a little girl. This isn't your problem ok?

Thank you. I think you are a sweetie. really , even if you told me to stfu. ( chuckle)
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 08:58 PM   #34
fo0hzy

Quote:
( chuckle)
You're better than that. Just drop a deuce and leave us all (me) really happy.
Old 11-24-2010, 09:20 PM   #35
Cloud

Worst of the Cellar Hall of Fame
Old 11-24-2010, 09:50 PM   #36
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Monster is wrong for going on a rant.
Old 11-24-2010, 09:55 PM   #37
fo0hzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Old 11-24-2010, 09:58 PM   #38
monster

...btw deleting your "Monster, shut your trap" comment after I replied to it was worse than pathetic. I don't need an apology. Don't drag my name into places I don't want to be and you'll be fine. Step on me and regret it. If you get it.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:27 PM   #39
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Monster prefers "shut your pie hole" to "shut your trap" read the FAQ.

(OT: The inch asked me this morning what a pie hole was)

Oh, and for what it's worth, my favorite Spice Girl was Dyke-a-licious Spice
Old 11-24-2010, 10:29 PM   #40
monster

shut your pumpkin pie hole.

(is what I prefer)

The only hole suitable for a pumpkin pie is the waste disposer.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:30 PM   #41
monster

uh-oh, we should be careful here, we're almost back on topic.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:32 PM   #42
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Thread eddy! paddle like mad!
Old 11-25-2010, 01:49 AM   #43
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Quote:

All you want to do is expound the virtue of political correctness and call me a homophobe to prove your right.
Got fuck all to do with proving anybody right. Got fuck all to do with 'political correctness'. I found your use of the word dike as an insult, very offensive. Why? Because it's homophobic. It also has connotations of an accusation of gender non-conformity: suggesting that by being forthright and opinionated (loudmouthed and ranting) this is somehow 'masculine' and lacking in femininity.

Quote:
Don't be full of bullshit Dana. This isn't about you appeasing Monsters feelings;There is no way you think she is hurt over anything I have said. Not the way she is capable of talking.

Why don't you look at the big picture, if possible.
I have no idea whether or not Monster was offended. I have no idea if she is hurt over anything. I rather suspect she isn't.

I didn't jump in because I though she was hurt. Nor did I jump in to defend her per se. I did jump in because I thought YOU were out of line and being a bitch. In a thread I'd started. For no apparent reason. A homophobic bitch at that.

You launched an unprovoked attack on another poster, and then when she came back at you, you called her a loud-mouthed ranting dike.

Now, you can sit here and say you didn't mean it as 'lesbian'. But the sentiment doesn't scan with the rest of what you said.

I honestly couldn't give a flying fuck about what you and Monster think of each other. Nor, generally, do I give a fuck about whether you insult each other. This isn;t to do with 'defending' Monster. In fact it has nothing to do with Monster at all. It's about you.

I was surprised and a little disappointed that someone I once thought well of would stoop to such a low.

But hey: you go right on ahead and keep defending your right to be a bitch. Defend your right to be insulting and homophobic. Defend your right to use the kinds of insults that help to underscore and strengthen accepted gender norms and set the person insulted outside of those norms.

And just to go back to your accusation that I am just being 'politically correct'. I am political. I have strong political beliefs that underscore everything i do and everything I am. You see 'political correctness' as somehow a bad thing and a small thing. I see a political awareness of the impact of one's language and a personal sense of responsibility to not cause social harm through the use of language as a good and positive thing: because I am looking at the big picture. You, however, clearly are not seeing beyond your little scrap with Monster.

Last edited by DanaC; 11-25-2010 at 02:01 AM.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 01:55 AM   #44
fo0hzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
Got fuck all to do with proving anybody right. Got fuck all to do with 'political correctness'. I found your use of the word dike as an insult, very ofensive. Why? Because it's homophobic.

LOLOL

Homophobic?

Hey, I know a ton of gay jokes. I know & love gay peeps.

You're weird.
Old 11-25-2010, 02:32 AM   #45
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

And you are?

[eta] jokes are one thing. A cultural tendency to use homosexuality as the basis for deep insults is a different matter altogether. Had Sky jokingly called Monster a dike, we wouldn't be having this conversation.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote