The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Cellar-related > Cellar Meta
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Cellar Meta Users, threads, etiquette, posting, usage, forums, why this place matters or doesn't

Old 06-02-2007, 12:59 AM   #46
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim View Post
...and then they all started to drift away, and the freshmen and sophmores started showing up.

I don't want to drift away though....but..i just don't feel the same connection.
Fuck. I knew it. I lose at-work access to The Cellar, and the place just falls right the fuck apart. Goddamn it. Guess I'll have to quit my job.

What? What's that?

...the voices in my head just told me I wasn't that important. I hate it when the voices in my head are right.
Old 06-02-2007, 05:12 AM   #47
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Ya know what's wrong? too many one-trick pony's around here--people who say the same fookin' thing all the fookin' time, blah blah blah, boring boring boring, people who imagine they are important and anyone gives a rat's fook what they think or say. self important assholes with NO PERSONALITY. you ALWAYS know what they're gonna say coz they've only got, like, three things to say and they recycle it over and over and over ad nauseum...they exsist in suspended animation.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 05:19 AM   #48
Flint
Snowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumbojim
I know what I want from the cellar: your cock.
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 11:05 AM   #49
HungLikeJesus
Only looks like a disaster tourist

Progress is made one funeral at a time.

SteveDallas's Random Thread Picker.
HungLikeJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 06:29 AM   #50
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna View Post
Ya know what's wrong? too many one-trick pony's around here--people who say the same fookin' thing all the fookin' time, blah blah blah, boring boring boring, people who imagine they are important and anyone gives a rat's fook what they think or say. self important assholes with NO PERSONALITY. you ALWAYS know what they're gonna say coz they've only got, like, three things to say and they recycle it over and over and over ad nauseum...they exsist in suspended animation.
Sounds like you were doing shots when you posted this, I'm just saying...
Old 06-05-2007, 04:58 PM   #51
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim View Post
Sycamore, what the fuck was that a three week teaser?!
Dear Jim,

I appreciate being lumped in with the group of posters that you like...to borrow from Denis Leary, it tickles the cockles and sub-cockles of my heart.

I apologize for not posting much recently. I've been working a lot of hours at the pizza shops along with putting together my thesis, which is now complete. Once I perform a 10-20 minute presentation on Thursday night, I am fully finished with my Masters program, and will be participating more on the Cellar. Rest assured that I will be returning to torment/show love to the peeps in the not-too-distant future.

Love,
Sycamore
xoxo
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 12:35 PM   #52
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

Yeah!!

I'm taking tomorrow off, so i'll wish you good luck today, not that you are likely to need it! Kick ass!
Old 06-06-2007, 12:48 PM   #53
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

Good luck Syc !!!!
Old 06-06-2007, 01:02 PM   #54
Griff
still says videotape

Rock on fella!
Old 06-06-2007, 01:53 PM   #55
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

Why can't your Master write his own damn thesis?

Lazy Masters, I tell ya. [/Rodney D.]

Old 06-08-2007, 12:33 PM   #56
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

What I want is for there to be less personal insults in this place.

I know RK considers me a mean busybody for saying I wasn't a fan of the amount and content of Cloud's threads (am quite over that btw) but it's not like I made any personal comments about her when discussing it.

It all seems to be about hitting people where it hurts right now, using personal details that people have posted in good faith. I accept I'm probably over-sensitive and it doesn't bother the people involved half as much as it would bother me, but I still think it's a bad direction to head down.

One of the main (out of many) reasons that I can't stay away from this place is the sense of community. At this precise moment in time I am closer to people on here than I am to anyone I see on a regular basis. A grim situation I know - but my real friends are scattered countrywide and all I have are work colleagues, who are nice but aren't on my wavelength. I used to be confident that I could post anything on here, and most posters would accept that this was information given in trust, not to batter me with at a future date.

Even something as simple as posting a picture is something I didn't think I would ever do online - even looking my best. But I've felt an almost delirious sense of freedom in posting pictures, without make-up, double chins on display and my ptosis clearly showing. Seriously - I credit this place for the fact I can even mention it online. Now that people are making personal comments based on other people's photos/ bodies/ lifestyles I'm wondering whether it's something I should do again. The issue is mine of course - I lack self esteem and therefore cope badly with perceived rejection. But regardless of blame, I have to admit to myself that perhaps I am in the wrong place if I can't toughen up - and I so want this to be the right place because I love it here.

I suppose I can't have it both ways. I can't have a place where I can be totally open about sensitive issues ie a place where I can be myself and write anything, if I don't mentally accept that everyone on here is equally entitled to be themselves and write anything.

Intelligent insults I can handle. Personal insults stick in my craw.

[/warmweakhuggy]
Old 06-08-2007, 01:09 PM   #57
Cloud

I think "intelligent insults" is an oxymoron.

(Gives Sundae Girl a hug, 'cause she needs it, and she said she was over my thread-starting thingy, yay!)
Old 06-08-2007, 02:15 PM   #58
HungLikeJesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
I think "intelligent insults" is an oxymoron.
Cloud, what about:
Thou gleeking malmsey-nosed puttock!

Old 06-08-2007, 02:18 PM   #59
HungLikeJesus

SG -- I agree completely. I've posted very little private information in the Cellar for just that reason.

Old 06-08-2007, 02:40 PM   #60
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

I want candy.