The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Health

Health Keeping your body well enough to support your head

Old 09-19-2011, 02:20 PM   #196
Big Sarge
Werepandas - lurking in your shadows

Can't drink tequila straight. I'm too much of a wuss. I love margaritas, but I'm more of a rum fan. I love mojitos!! Plus, I'll take a shot of shine (quality not made in a radiator)

Plus I'm getting a little worried about mixing alcohol with my valuim and xanax. I did that earlier in this episode and I guess I'm lucky I didn't kill myself.
Old 09-19-2011, 03:32 PM   #197
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

tis clear as a cloudless sky ye jes need bettr tay-keel-lar.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:10 AM   #198
Big Sarge

Spent the day at the VA in Memphis. Guess what?? Another possible diagnosis. I have appointments on the 13th, 14th, and 17th. I'll fill you in more after this because this is getting so very confusing. BTW, my cortisol is almost in normal ranges, but my human growth hormone is high. Testosterone is doing well with the Axiron
Old 10-05-2011, 02:25 PM   #199
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sarge View Post
...one of my cases was the rape of a 12 year old (carries life sentence).
It should.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 05:56 PM   #200
Big Sarge

Sometimes I think my illness would be cured by a good jug of shine & a beautiful Brit. If not, at least I would go with a smile on my face
Old 10-06-2011, 07:01 PM   #201
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Big Sarge:

You should watch this video. It's about a guy who's been in the news recently, Steve Jobs. He definitely had his shit together, and this is an excerpt of what he said to some young people recently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jobs
snip--

My third story is about death.

When I was 17, I read a quote that went something like: "If you live each day as if it was your last, someday you'll most certainly be right." It made an impression on me, and since then, for the past 33 years, I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: "If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?" And whenever the answer has been "No" for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something.

Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything — all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure - these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.

About a year ago I was diagnosed with cancer. I had a scan at 7:30 in the morning, and it clearly showed a tumor on my pancreas.

This was the closest I've been to facing death, and I hope it's the closest I get for a few more decades. Having lived through it, I can now say this to you with a bit more certainty than when death was a useful but purely intellectual concept:

No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don't want to die to get there. And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it. And that is as it should be, because Death is very likely the single best invention of Life. It is Life's change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new. Right now the new is you, but someday not too long from now, you will gradually become the old and be cleared away. Sorry to be so dramatic, but it is quite true.

Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

There's a lot more and it's all very good, please do read it. The stuff I believe, I *KNOW* on this subject sounds like a fucking Hallmark card. I won't drown you in my treacle. Jobs makes my point. This is the life you have *now*. Live it, don't just wish it.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:29 PM   #202
Big Sarge

Nive post BigV. Here's what I know as of today. Possible Neurosarcadosis (6mm) affecting the pituitary, however everything is within norm taking the Axiron gel except for elevated HGH levels. They have just identified a 1cm mass in my right temporal lobe. I still don't know what this will mean until the doctor visit on the 17th.

If anyone knows anything about temporal lobe massses, please fill me in. I admit I am a little scared
Old 10-15-2011, 08:29 AM   #203
Big Sarge

well reading about temporal lobe tumors have scared the shit out of me!!! has anyone on here had one??
Old 10-15-2011, 10:20 AM   #204
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Try reading this page. I have a caringbridge account for my son. There are many who use carepages as well. Depending upon your situation, you may want to set one up. You can also find others who may be in a similar situation who can offer guidance and/or support.
I ran a search and got this page. (dunno if you can see it or if you have to register first)
Found: 55 CarePages website results; 213 Profile results; 185 Discussion forum results

Wishing you the best.
IF you want more info, PM me.
Old 10-15-2011, 10:44 AM   #205
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

I went looking online and found quite a few people with less scary stories Sarge. Lots of people seemingly have surgery and treatment and make good recoveries.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 04:15 PM   #206
monster
I hear them call the tide

Of course you're scared. But to be honest, I'm seeing mostly good stories too. Mostly involving almost immediate improvement in symptoms and very few side effects -and most of those manageable with a little cognitive reprogramming. Chin up, dude.
Old 10-15-2011, 04:31 PM   #207
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Good vibes to ya, ya big ol' Sargey thing you.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 10:15 PM   #208
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Sarge, doing research will only freak you out. Take a few deep breaths and try not to think about it. Go out and do something fun to keep your mind off of things.
Lola Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 01:49 PM   #209
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

In the end, all I can honestly say is Bloody Hell.
Haven't you been through enough?

I can't suggest anything, or make anything better.
Just to say hang in there and lots of love.
Old 10-16-2011, 02:17 PM   #210
BrilliantDisguise
Master of the Domain

Wishing you the best Sarge.
BrilliantDisguise is offline   Reply With Quote