The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 11-15-2006, 10:17 PM   #1
John Adams
Founder of Freedom

Citizenship, Yeah!

All right, I need some input here. My wife has just received her date for the final interview for her citizenship. This of course is a huge occasion and we need to celebrate. I was thinking of getting her something but don't know what.

So I am looking for suggestions. What would you like to get or do to celebrate your citizenship?
John Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 10:21 PM   #2
monster
I hear them call the tide

Citizenship to which country and what is her birth nationality?
Old 11-15-2006, 11:02 PM   #3
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

If she's becoming an American wife and this being a very special occasion, the traditional gift is a household appliance.

Possibly a piece of jewelry with the date engraved on it.
Old 11-15-2006, 11:27 PM   #4
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

Well if she likes chocolate and alcohol...
Godiva has this liqueur, and most reviews are favorable. Unfortunately I'm underage...and have to bum drinks off of other people

and of course a romantic night with candle light, soft music, and good lovin'!
Old 11-16-2006, 12:35 AM   #5
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Adams
So I am looking for suggestions. What would you like to get or do to celebrate your citizenship?

US Flag pendant
and red white and blue flower bouquet.

Take her somewhere traditionally American for a special dinner. Like McDonalds.

No, on second thought, are you anywhere that has an old time colonial inn that's still in operation?

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 04:18 AM   #6
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

Is she into corny stuff or beautiful things??

If shes into corny stuff, I would get her something that will make her laugh, but will also hold a special place in her heart for years to come....like some touristie trinket from your state or whatever?

If she treasures beautiful things, I would go some jewellery....doesnt have to be expensive....just something in her taste.

Or, do both

Really depends on your SO taste and personality.
DucksNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 10:57 AM   #7
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

A copy of the constiution?
Beer?
An illegal Au Pair?
A tour of DC?
A night with Brad Pitt?
Old 11-16-2006, 11:38 AM   #8
barefoot serpent
go ahead, abbrev. it

passport application and photos?
Old 11-16-2006, 11:43 AM   #9
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

On the serious side, definitely some sort of jewelry; patriotic themed is nice, but not mandatory. Something large enough to have engraved with her citizenship date would be more than appropriate.

On the whimsical side, a tattoo of a hand over over left breast, with the Pledge of Allegiance would be great, a framed copy of her first tax return as a citizen is very, very appropriate and probably the most symbolic thing of the reality of being an American that I can think of.
Old 11-16-2006, 01:02 PM   #10
John Adams
Founder of Freedom

Hi everyone and thanks for the suggestions. I like the one for the copy of the constitution. I will most likely do that.

As far as the tax return, since she is a strong fair tax supporter it probably wouldn't go over too well plus she is a stay at home mom for another couple of years yet.

The jewelry suggestion is good but she nevers wear any. I have bought her some very nice pieces over the years and she never wears any of it.

Dinner at McDonalds, I think I want to live.:p She refuses to eat fast food or allow our kids to eat fast food, I guess it's a good thing. Being the junk food addict I am I wouldn't mind. The look on her face would be priceless though. :p

And yes she is becoming an American Citizen.

Oh, new thought, maybe I can get a letter from our congressman? She likes him, John Linder, hmm, I will have to contact his office and see if they would do that. See the above about the fair tax for added relevance.

Thanks again.
John Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 01:29 PM   #11
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Adams
Dinner at McDonalds, I think I want to live.:p She refuses to eat fast food or allow our kids to eat fast food, I guess it's a good thing. Being the junk food addict I am I wouldn't mind. The look on her face would be priceless though. :p
She's an American, might as well learn to eat like one ... what about heading straight for the drive-thru after the swearing in, use it as a fake-out, get some sodas or coffee to justify the run through the drive thru, and then head for a real restaurant?

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 02:41 AM   #12
rkzenrage

Rifle, cowboy boots and a hot dog?

Seriously, any tasteful piece of jewelry with the date engraved and a nice dinner where you give it to her would do it. Be sure to get a picture of both of you at the dinner for later.
Tell her I said congratulations.