Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 10-03-2007, 02:32 PM   #616
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinx View Post
Is someone going with you Bri? I'll be thinking of you...
Yes, my mom is going with me.

Thanks to all of you--I'm having a pity party today--however, I am feeling better right now. I just need to get a hold of myself. Thanks for helping me out. You guys are the best!
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 03:24 PM   #617
rkzenrage

I never passed any of the fragments of the stones they blasted...
Getting some more blood again.
I have not told my family.
I don't want to get cut on again.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:08 PM   #618
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Oh, rk, I'm so sorry.
Old 10-03-2007, 05:20 PM   #619
jester
why so serious

Bri, hoping all goes well with you tomorrow.

rkz, you shouldn't keep secrets from your family. It will only make it worse, when they find out. I do hope you pass though suckers and begin to feel better, soon.
jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 05:39 PM   #620
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

rkz...my dad had kidney stones and he started drinking apple cider vinegar. Just a little each day. He swears it dissolved his kidney stones between one visit and the next because they were there one visit, then he went back to have them blasted and they weren't there. maybe you could give it a try?

Bri, good luck with the port. You'll be so glad you've got it once it's in though - on some strange level that really doesn't make any sense. About your hair, have you considered shaving it off before you start chemo? Someone (women in particular) find this empowering because it's like taking back some control over your own body. I don't know if it works like that for everyone, but I know it does for some and I suspect you might be one of the ones it'd work for.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:03 PM   #621
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Rk, that sucks *hugs*

Bri, don't be down on yourself for missing classes and 'not dealing with it'. You're going to have good days and bad days, and that's okay...you're allowed to have those down times. Thinking of you hon.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 06:23 PM   #622
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

Thinking of you Bri.

Rk - I have heard the apple cider thingie too.
DucksNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 02:35 PM   #623
rkzenrage

I'll do the cider thing. It helps my arthritis when I do a shot a day anyway.
The meds I take for them don't do shit.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:25 PM   #624
monster
I hear them call the tide

Hope it went well, Bri.

good luck with the vinegar rkz
Old 10-04-2007, 07:14 PM   #625
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

This is minor compared to other people's problems but here goes: I miss my boys.

I know that's like the colleague who comes to work in tears and has to go home because her hamster died, but I've not been without them in a year (almost to the day) and they are such people cats... All I can think of is what they must be thinking - me not there. Ridiculous of course, a sensible person pointed out recently that cats aren't people. But I am, and a silly one at that.

I'll send HM another me-mail tomorrow. I need to resolve this misunderstanding anyway, but the sooner the better with my babbas missing me (me missing them).
Old 10-04-2007, 07:17 PM   #626
DanaC

Which misunderstanding is this?
Old 10-04-2007, 07:30 PM   #627
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Ah. Ahem.

I got mad at him because he got mad at me for not going to Water Workout. Because I genuinely had a troubled stomach.

I confronted him when he came back (from yoga), trying - honestly! - to sort it out without festering. He kept his back to me during the conversation, which riled me ("I'm cleaning the sink!" yeah first time in 3 months...)

I eventually got him to admit he did have "a slight issue" with the fact I'd sampled food during my visit to the supermarket to get cat litter ("Well you must have been feeling better then" was the comment that kicked it all off). In my burned-skin-sensitivity his admission meant he'd been lying to me when he said originally the probelm was all in my head not his.

So it ended up with SG going out & getting drunk (paying only for 1 pint) and being walked home by a stranger.

I came to Mum & Dad's because I couldn't handle 1) my anger, 2) my hurt, 3) my guilt. All my fault.

Oh and I stood on the patio table this morning, trying to get Diz down from the roof of the kitchen. It collapsed. I am bruised to buggery - which serves me right - but it adds to the guilt. I know he wanted to replace it, and he was the one who told me to let the cats out the skylight ("it's not a high roof") but I feel like a shit.

That's the real reason I'm unhappy. I'm trying, but I'm still a mess and have given my oldest friend good reason to throw me out. And I miss the boys on top of that!
Old 10-04-2007, 07:37 PM   #628
DanaC

Sundae.....give him a call.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:12 PM   #629
monster
I hear them call the tide

SG, go back. And maybe take him something nice. Some biscuits you baked. A picture you drew. Something. Flowers from your parents' garden. If you want this to work, it's not important who's fault it is. It's important to let him know that you want it to work and you still appreciate him.

Sounds to me like he's being arsey because he cares. One of the hardest things to do is apply "tough love". Another hard thing is accepting that for what it is. If he didn't care about you so much, he wouldn't give a shit if you skip class. I reckon he cares enough that you can just let this go without further discussion and yet both still know where you stand.

By the way, how much do your parents know about your current situation?
Old 10-05-2007, 01:34 AM   #630
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

I'm with Dana and Monster on this one. Life consists of loads of set-backs in amongst the good stuff, and you can either let them be a minor set-back, or let them drive you off course. Don't let this drive you off course - think of what you've achieved so far, and keep up the momentum. Say "Hi" to HM from the Cellar!

Tags
swiss